Bellazon

What's your ethnic background?

Prettyphile

I find it an interesting topic too.

Not so much for the ethnic aspect, but I've always had an interest about the origins of pretty much everything (why I love history), which includes my family origins too.

A couple of years ago I managed to put together a family tree. I found ancestors all the way back to the XIII Century (though I'm not completely certain on the oldest ones) on my father's side, and back to the XVIII Century on my mother's side.

So, for my dad's side my ancestry is mostly spanish.

And for my mom's side I have german and basque background.

I assume I have some indigenous background too. Though I haven't found anything about it on my family tree, here in Chile pretty much everyone have some native ancestry, be it mapuche or others.

My mother's family is Half Spanish (Canary Islands) and Half German, my father's family is Half Spanish (Mainland Spain) and Half Native.

So I guess it makes me 2/4 Spanish, 1/4 German & 1/4 Native?

Ahhhhh, what American school child could forget that day in elementary school when everybody went up to the board with those tiny little international flag stickers and made a bar graph of everybody's ethnic backgrounds to show how culturally diverse (sort-of-not-really-depending-on-where-you-grew-up) America is?

My dad is straight-of-the-boat Italian - Calabrian born and raised

My mom is an old-fashioned American mutt who lost track of the exact percentages of all of her ethnic backgrounds a while ago but if I'm correct she's mostly Irish and German with an itty-bit of French, English, and Dutch in her?

I've never really practiced or adhered to any of the ethnic traditions of my mother's backgrounds, while most of my upbringing with my father has been super-stereotypical Italian, so I guess I would really consider myself 1/2 Italian and 1/2 American :hehe:

Interesting topic!

My great grandmother was from switzerland, and she migrated here early childhood. and on my other grandmothers side, she was very dutch (not sure when her fam migrated over) So I'm very Dutch.

But on my fathers side, my great grandfather was from Germany. So pretty german too.

Mostly Dutch, the rest German and a sliver Indian wayyyyyyyyyyy down the line.

• 2 weeks later...

yeap! Vikings control Normandy for about 100 years. They raped & killed like crazy mother fu*ker! My dad was from Brittany and it's a region next to Normandy.

Most of French people of today are decedent from the vikings.  And Germans from the ones living in the north and Italian & Spanish for the ones living in the south. We basically had sex with everyone around us!

My mother is 1/2 black and 1/2 German. My dad is Black, English, Cherokee, and possibly some Irish. I can't exactly figure out the percentages per se, but I believe my great-grandfather on my dad's side was white. Couple that with my Grandmother on my mom's side that would make me a quarter German and 1/8th English/Irish.

^ :rofl: My grandpa from part of my dad was 100% italian, from part of my mom 100% PuertoRican, grandma from from part of my dad was 100% PuertoRican, from part of my Mom 100% PuertoRican. So I have 5% italian , 95% Puerto Rican with all the greatest proud of the world. :heart:

You're also part Saiyan as well :heythere: .

ALOHA!  I'm an American who was born and raised in Hawaii. Ethnic background: Filipino, Portugeuse, Okinawan Japanese, Polynesian Hawaiian

Those are a lot of places on my to do list :laugh: in terms of tavel. Well, Hawaii again anyway. To be honest, that also made me hungry because I love food from all of those places :ninja: .

ALOHA! :wave: I'm an American who was born and raised in Hawaii. Ethnic background: Filipino, Portugeuse, Okinawan Japanese, Polynesian Hawaiian

You sound hot :hehe::ninja:

Match made in the depths of BZ's mod/admin dungeons  :LimerlightSmile: