Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Brandiexoxo

maybe this is me just wondering, and i don't want to step on any toes, but how do any of you know what a good walk is? I get that some people dont entertain you or whatever. but half the models you complain about have a decent walk. coming from a family that worked in the industry, thats my opinion. and if they couldnt walk, why are they in the show in the first place.......... 

Because everyone has a different opinion and taste on what they like? Some people like girls who do a lot of gestures and pretend to have fun while some other appreciate girls who walk down looking more serious, and some others like the girls who look more 'sweet' but it all comes down to personal taste.

I particularly love Lais' walk and think she has a great runway presence, unlike most of the Angels who look either too stupid (Adriana, Alessandra) or like they had one too many Xanax (Miranda, Candice, Erin).

Now, there are some girls who have been just plain awful and most of people agrees Lily for example isn't exactly a runway pro, Chanel in 2011, Marisa in 2007, Angella in 2008, Jessica White in 2007, Karlie in 2011.

Because everyone has a different opinion and taste on what they like? Some people like girls who do a lot of gestures and pretend to have fun while some other appreciate girls who walk down looking more serious, and some others like the girls who look more 'sweet' but it all comes down to personal taste.

I particularly love Lais' walk and think she has a great runway presence, unlike most of the Angels who look either too stupid (Adriana, Alessandra) or like they had one too many Xanax (Miranda, Candice, Erin).

Now, there are some girls who have been just plain awful and most of people agrees Lily for example isn't exactly a runway pro, Chanel in 2011, Marisa in 2007, Angella in 2008, Jessica White in 2007, Karlie in 2011.

Yeah, I get that. Personal taste comes into play, but saying outright that someone just cant walk at all is kind of harsh and wayyy too critical. 

Wasn't 2011 Karlie's first show? Must've had some sway, though I dont like her face in particular. 

ALSO, Thank you for not completely jumping on me and crucifying me. I respect that :D 

It's not too harsh or critical. Like I don't think Lily's walk it's acceptable anymore, she's been with the company since 2009 so you'd think that by now she should manage to go down the runway and look decent but she's still looking terrible, I think she has the worst walk ever seen on an Angel. But since the show happens only once a year I guess that's okay, not enough of a reason to fire her.

And yes, Karlie's first year was 2011 and she completely sucked there. Her attempt to Move Like Jagger was awful. Luckily, by 2012 she redeemed herself and looked great IMO, so hopefully she'll do that again this year because out of all the Angels she's the one with the most runway experience and in every other show she walks she looks amazing. IDK what happened to her in 2011 o.O

Her walk is stiff, yeah. But she's a contracted angel so she'll be in the show more likely than not. She's better in print than runway. 

I just in general dont like Karlie. Idk why, but her face just turns me off and the first time I really saw her was in 2011 and it left a bit of an EH impression. You can't expect them all to be like Adriana though. She's the queen for a reason lol. 

I don't see the point in Cara walking, she isn't that good on the catwalk anyway and why did they even hire her if they only showed like 3 seconds of her last year? Plenty of other girls that could have done better 

She's the closest thing to a supermodel aside from Kate Upton rn and it's not like they are getting Kate. That's the point.

So ... Based on the Christmas catalogs, the Christmas commercial, the PR events & the girls who are now shooting for Valentine's Day I think there are some names we can count in:  Gracie Carvalho, Magdalena, Martha Hunt, Marloes Horst & Sara Sampaio they all seem to have a foot in for the show

So far the only confirmed non-Angels are Lais & Barbara F, unless VS is planning to not let the fitting girl walk for the first time in like a century. And then Cara & Jourdann if we trust the British media

If you're sensitive don't come here. That comes from someone who used to be like that but doesn't care anymore.

Lily is awful. Totally and absolutely, from her walk to everything else. But hey, that's just me. Others adore her.

So great to feel welcomed. 

I have a feeling that Katy Perry will be there. Also, I know it's a long shot but I would LOOOVE if Lana Del Rey performed young and beautiful... that would be good if they have a segment like Silver Screen Angels, IMO. 

Beyonce would be great, but she is a show on her own, so she would overshadow the models too much. Miley Cyrus would be a joke there!! 

If Kings of Leon performed that would be so precious! I would die if Caleb and Lily had a cute moment on the runway :) Also... I think it's safe to say that Maroon 5 is a good candidate? 

If Rihanna came back (I doubt it), I would be 100% ok with that.. Diamonds was great last year! 

I have a feeling JT will be there. Also either Gaga or Katy Perry. Not sure about Maroon 5 because they don't have any new music out yet. I also think it would be a mess to have them on the show when they made such a big deal just two years ago about Anne V and Adam Levine.

I feel like there might be a British performer for the British Invasion section (that would make sense to me, at least...) but I'm not sure who it would be. Someone asked VS on Twitter about the announcement and they said they would announce performers "very very very very VERY soon," so I'm thinking maybe in the next 48 hours. I would imagine fantasy bra by Monday.

Everything seems to be moving so slowly with no hints...seems like they've finally gotten their PR people on top of it as far as leaks are concerned. Does anyone know when castings usually begin? Last week of October?

Katy will be performing in Europe all the week prior the VSFS and she is performing at the EMA's on the 11th so I doubt she'll make it in time for rehearsals. JT has a concert the day of the show in Philly so is not him either. Drake, Kanye & Jay Z will be touring overseas the date of the show so not one of them either. Also One Direction will be touring in Asia the days prior the show so I guess they weren't lying when they said rumors were false. And Lady Gaga's new song was a flop BTW, so I don't think VS will be inviting her anytime soon.

I think Rita Ora could perform, she is very similar to Rihanna and she would fit the British Invasion segment. And she is with Jay Z's record label and VS already had a bunch of people performing already so I say she has good odds.

Britney Spears is also another option, I think she has a CD coming out soon? And her new single would work okay on the runway, and then there's Beyoncé who's tour will be over right before the show so she'll be free that day