Bellazon

Randy Rhodes

lazy01001

So, everyone has heard of Randy Rhodes. Everyone will agree he is the shit, and all his licks are extreamly well put together, fluid, faster than a kid gets food on his face, and darker than Allister Crowley's soul. Why you might ask? I heard once he sold his soul to satan... I don't know why, but I find that REALLY easy to believe... As satan was at one time the Angel of music, so why wouldn't he grant someone amazing musical talent for their soul? DISCUSS!

Noted. But still, his skill is so over the top that it really isn't that far fetched to consider him selling his soul. Listen to Over the Mountain... Or believer... His solos make my stomach turn.

I thought it was Robert Johnson who sold his soul to the devil at the crossroads. :p

:yes:

Noted. But still, his skill is so over the top that it really isn't that far fetched to consider him selling his soul. Listen to Over the Mountain... Or believer... His solos make my stomach turn.

I can name a bunch of players who are probably more "technically skilled."

Here are two of my favorites:

Teh Yng...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTowzVb2PII

John Petrucci...

Ingve Malmstein is way better than randy... Ingve is brilliant. All his runs, and sweep picking.....everything is executed with precision. He is so imaginative, and classical... I should've made a thread about him...

Oh please, no... that's just too much.

Speaking of Yngwie... I might just say once more that I absolutely despise that guy. His guitar playing is merely one big show-off, an endless stream of similar, predictable licks... I think he's just a victim of his amazing technical skill.

There are some guitar virtuosos who know how to use their skill with deliberation and in a tasteful way, like Al Di Meola, Steve Morse, Robert Fripp, Steve Lukather...

Yngwie, Ignvey, tomato tomato....

He really does deserve credit. I don't get pissed that he is a bajillion times better than me, though my stomach does turn a little bit. Somehow he manages to showoff every skill he has in every song, and my jaw will continue to drop.

Yngwie, Ignvey, tomato tomato....

He really does deserve credit. I don't get pissed that he is a bajillion times better than me, though my stomach does turn a little bit. Somehow he manages to showoff every skill he has in every song, and my jaw will continue to drop.

He does deserve credit for his technical skill and joining metal and classical influences in his music (although the first guitarist to have done that is Ritchie Blackmore). Other than that, he's just too repetitive and a mediocre songwriter to me.

• 2 weeks later...