Bellazon

Hannah Ferguson
Thumbnail

spud

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty easy to explain, actually. Fashion (or high fashion, which is not everyone's cup of tea, but whatever) is about pushing the boundaries and experimenting with looks. If every campaign and editorial looked the same, they could save the money they spend on each shoot and just publish the same thing every month. 

I actually love how Hannah is now allowed to show some range as a model. She'll always be pretty and will do jobs where she just looks pretty. It's fun to see something different from time to time. 

On 9/1/2019 at 1:31 PM, tread77 said:

What does it say about our society (or you) that a beautiful woman, with minimal makeup, is automatically defaulted as masculine?

Well, I can't speak for society ;), but I've said in this thread that minimal makeup is often what suits her the most!

My point was only about the unshaped blazer, the butonned shirt and the haircut.

Fashion is meant to challenge ideas and convention.

That's your view. I think that art seeks beauty (far above political messages). Sure, beauty is subjective and you might find her unshaped blazer & haircut beautiful, but that's your subjective view. I respect that, but IMO, it's not beautiful and refers to a masculine outfit (that's what the article around this picture will say).

In fact, by saying that Hannah should only be in feminine clothes, you're the one imposing your thoughts and opinions on this.

It's not imposing anything, it's merely stating an opinion. More and more media are trying to "deconstruct" male/female "duality", and with their power and influence, they're the ones trying to impose something, not regular folks like us.

Difference is a treasure (and particularly differences between men and women - that's why I try to defend them).

I think she looks great.

She is great (a very talented model), but IMHO this photoshoot doesn't make her look great at all.