Bellazon

Arrested Development

BlairWaldorf

Arrested Development is an American television sitcom created by Mitchell Hurwitz, that originally aired on Fox for three seasons from November 2, 2003 to February 10, 2006. A fourth season of 15 episodes was released on Netflix on May 26, 2013.

The show follows the fictitious Bluth family, a formerly wealthy and habitually dysfunctional family, and is presented in a continuous format, incorporating handheld camera work, narration, archival photos, and historical footage. Ron Howard serves as an executive producer and the series' uncredited narrator. Set in Newport Beach, California, Arrested Development is filmed primarily in Culver City and Marina del Rey.

Since its debut in 2003, the series has received widespread critical acclaim, including six Emmy Awards and one Golden Globe, and has attracted a cult following, including several fan-based websites. In 2007, Time listed it among the magazine's "100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME." In 2008, the show was ranked 16th on Entertainment Weekly's "New TV Classics" list. In 2011, IGN named Arrested Development the funniest show of all time. Despite acclaim from critics, Arrested Development received low ratings and viewership on Fox, which canceled the series in 2006. Rumors of a fourth season and a feature film persisted until 2011, when Netflix agreed to license new episodes and distribute them exclusively on its streaming video service. Fifteen new episodes were released simultaneously on May 26, 2013. The script of an Arrested Development film has also been in development, with the main cast purported to reprise their original roles.

Edited by PinkCouture
Add synopsis. Thanks gustavsson!

Fans 'binge' as Netflix revives Arrested Development

US sitcom Arrested Development has been revived after an absence of seven years, with many devoted fans devouring all 15 new episodes after they were made available in one go.

The show, which was recently dubbed the "greatest sitcom ever" by The Guardian, was axed by the Fox network in 2006.

But a new series has been made and aired by streaming service Netflix.

The series is the latest attempt by Netflix to tempt viewers away from traditional TV channels.

The company previously made waves in the TV industry by bypassing established networks and filming its own remake of British political drama House of Cards starring Kevin Spacey. All 13 episodes were made available at once in February.

Arrested Development established a cult following during its original three series on Fox from 2003-2006 and its return has been met with huge anticipation from its loyal fans.

Gavin and Stacey actor Matthew Horne wrote on Twitter: "I KNOW the sun is shining, but the new Arrested Development is on Netflix... so, goodbye Sunday."

US author and Veronica Mars screenwriter Rob Thomas posted: "Netflix just emailed me that Arrested Development is online now. No one bother me for the next 7.5 hours. Hungry children - this means you."

Before the new series appeared, creator Mitch Hurwitz told fans to pace themselves. "Don't feel obligated to watch it all at once," he told the Vulture website. "It's a comedy! It's not like Lord of the Rings. Comedy takes a lot out of you."

And Forbes.com writer Dorothy Pomerantz said she would savour the experience because it might be the last time key personnel including executive producer and narrator Ron Howard and actor Jason Bateman would find time to film together.

She wrote: "I'm going to take my time with Arrested Development and enjoy it like an old-fashioned TV show: one a week. I want the fun to last as long as possible."

bbc.co.uk