Bellazon

Olivia Brower
Thumbnail

1 hour ago, MERPER said:

I don't want to say 100% she's a shy person, though I certainly got some of that.

I think it's a combo of that with her also not wanting any part of a public spotlight and not really wanting to be recognized out in public. She was at a concert with some friends, I just happened to be there and notice her and i'm not shy about approaching celebrities/models just to say a few things and ask for a photo with them. I could tell she just wasn't into that.

Not that she was rude, she just didn't care for the attention. She talked a little, especially about her shoot for the 2020 SI swimsuit issue and was happy when I told her I hoped she got the cover.

I think this part of her goes hand in hand with the fact she's pretty quiet on social media. No twitter account, or tik tok/snapchat that i am aware of. Just Instagram and even that she doesn't post much on.

To be fair that goes for a lot of people, more in the spotlight/celebs I imagine, I mean she's far from say a Hollywood A-Lister, but if you start to have to deal daily with fans, get stopped constantly for selfies, autographs and are immediately "an asshole" if you just want to go about your day and not take the 20th selfie, it's not all that appealing.

But even everyday people rather just do and talk about other stuff than their job when they are in a social setting, especially if it's not their dream job. I can see how modelling is appealing but since it's a job that is neither recession proof nor do the majority of models work past a certain age (I mean if you look at 100 Models who work professionally for say a decade, how many work past their 35-40th birthday? Most of them start families and disappear).

Plus if you do certain type of modelling you might get reduced by fans to just their bodies. (Not saying you did that at all, but I am sure you know what I mean.)

On 1/25/2021 at 2:55 AM, Franko said:

To be fair that goes for a lot of people, more in the spotlight/celebs I imagine, I mean she's far from say a Hollywood A-Lister, but if you start to have to deal daily with fans, get stopped constantly for selfies, autographs and are immediately "an asshole" if you just want to go about your day and not take the 20th selfie, it's not all that appealing.

But even everyday people rather just do and talk about other stuff than their job when they are in a social setting, especially if it's not their dream job. I can see how modelling is appealing but since it's a job that is neither recession proof nor do the majority of models work past a certain age (I mean if you look at 100 Models who work professionally for say a decade, how many work past their 35-40th birthday? Most of them start families and disappear).

Plus if you do certain type of modelling you might get reduced by fans to just their bodies. (Not saying you did that at all, but I am sure you know what I mean.)

I get all of this. I live in LA and in normal non-pandemic times attend a lot of Hollywood parties/functions due to my job. I've met hundreds of celebs/models/athletes and each is different. Most are nice and fine and understand being in the public spotlight. Some are shy and standoff-ish like Olivia was. Others are downright mean.

I don't fault her for being the way she was with me. And to be clear, she wasn't unpleasant or rude. Just slightly uncomfortable, especially at first. Warmed up a bit as convo went on and I think I made it clear I wasn't a random guy hitting on her (I am realistic and know I could never get a girl like Olivia so I don't even try).

1 hour ago, MERPER said:

I get all of this. I live in LA and in normal non-pandemic times attend a lot of Hollywood parties/functions due to my job. I've met hundreds of celebs/models/athletes and each is different. Most are nice and fine and understand being in the public spotlight. Some are shy and standoff-ish like Olivia was. Others are downright mean.

I don't fault her for being the way she was with me. And to be clear, she wasn't unpleasant or rude. Just slightly uncomfortable, especially at first. Warmed up a bit as convo went on and I think I made it clear I wasn't a random guy hitting on her (I am realistic and know I could never get a girl like Olivia so I don't even try).

I don't necessarily envy them, because it must be a balancing act (Unless you're so incredibly attention...seeker with a very very extroverted personality. Which I don't think is a healthy mental state, but that's a different topic). I mean you have to do PR, have to shake hands, be nice and be "on" in public, while at the same time kinda need some personal space and retain some sort of private life.

12 hours ago, Franko said:

I don't necessarily envy them, because it must be a balancing act (Unless you're so incredibly attention...seeker with a very very extroverted personality. Which I don't think is a healthy mental state, but that's a different topic). I mean you have to do PR, have to shake hands, be nice and be "on" in public, while at the same time kinda need some personal space and retain some sort of private life.

I think there's a fine line. 

On one hand, all of our jobs/occupations have a negative side. The one negative If you want a life of wealth/luxury that comes with being a celebrity/model and on TV/in movies/in magazines/on billboards then the trade off for that amazing life and all the money is more recognition.

With that said, you're entitled to privacy of course and to be left alone. And i never blame any famous person for not signing autographs or taking photos with a group of 10 or 20 or 50 fans swarming them. But I do think a 1-off thing/1-on-1 is different. Give a fan a few minutes, make their day, if they still haven't left you alone kindly tell them you need to go or are trying to spend time with friends/family.

And to me there are rules. I would never ever bother someone while they're eating or with their children, for instance.

And again just to reiterate, I am not speaking negatively of Olivia. She was fine and cordial to me and engaged in some convo for 2-3 minutes just was a bit shy/standoffish is all. (Sorry I just don't want anyone thinking I am roasting her or saying she is rude or something.

• 2 weeks later...