• Seven Model Management
  • JNG Model Management

Advertisements:

Emily Cho , Fabienne Miot , Perlina , Stanley Korshak

Magazine Covers:

Jamaica: 'Jamaque' - December 2009

Turkey: 'Marie Claire 2' - October 2010

Fashion Shows:

Ready to wear - Spring/Summer 2009 {Gavin Douglas, Catelin Botezatu, Claudia Pegas}

Ready to wear - Spring/Summer 2011 {Qiss Qiss}

Ready to wear - Spring/Summer 2012 {Aqua di Lara, Beach Bunny Swimwear, Marie Lou St. Barth}

Hobbies: Photography, Designing, Cooking, Dancing, Pilates, Swimming

Notes:

• She moved to Jamaica with her mother and two sisters in October 1999.
  • She was featured in the fourth cycle of Germany's Next Top Model.

source: wilhelmina and bellazon.org

Interview: GERMAN-JAMAICAN TOP MODEL Melanie Ribbe

What’s your name:

Melanie Ribbe

Where were you born:

Münster, Germany

Where did you grow up?

On the beautiful island of Jamaica, in Montego Bay

Would you say that you have had a significant fashion influence in your life? If so then who or what was that:

I tend to set my own style, as creative as I get, I like to bring the catwalk to the streets.

-When and how did you first get involved in modeling?

I first got involved in modeling in 2008. My girlfriend and I went to see a fashion show in our city. They had a surprise model search competition, I wasn’t thinking about entering, but next thing I knew my friend pushes me on stage, I made it to the finals and won. It’s been a whirlwind but so exciting and Im very blessed and thankful for that opportunity.

-Tell us about your experience on Germany’s Next Top Model:

It was a great experience, I got to meet Heidi Klum and a lot of great girls. It was definitely a crash course into the modeling world, with extreme photoshoots, interviews, runway practice in ‘Gaga’ heels and all with little or no sleep.

-What inspires you to model?

Wow, I don’t even know where to start. I would say the whole life experience; As a model you get to transform in different characters in photoshoots, you get to present beautiful clothes, and make them come alive on the runway, you get to travel and see the world from a different perspective and meet so many amazing people. Being able to experience all this is a dream for me.

Do you have a muse or role model?

I have many, and Gisele Bündchen is definitely one of them. She is amazing.

-Tell us a little bit of what you have done so far;

I have done a bit of everything; from print to editorials, catalogues to advertising campaigns, runway shows and a music video.

-What are you up to these days career wise?

I have been quite busy with modeling, but also started a new model agency with my mother in Jamaica called Model Wealth Management. Many agencies are taking advantage of young girls and are only looking for the best interest of their agency and not the girls’. So with our agency we want to be more than that to the girls; we guide them, groom them and teach them to take care of heir health (my mother is a health practitioner), to get them ready for the international modeling scene with a professional attitude.

Which agency/agencies are you currently signed with?

MGM, Finest Faces & JOY Models

-Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Its hard to say because I would love to stay in this industry as long as I can but I also want to continue my studies, because modeling doesn’t last forever and its always important to have a plan B an follow through.

-What’s your dream job as a model?

Being a Victoria’s Secret Angel (giggle)

-Which trend are you really hot for right now?

The “boyfriend” blazer; it’s a simple way to look chic whether on a fresh Spring day or mild a Summer’s night.

-Tell us something that we don’t know about Melanie Ribbe:

I’m an artist (sketching-painting) and an aspiring photographer. I use to teach belly-dancing. One thing I love to do in my spare time is learning languages and cooking

End note:

“Be confident & be yourself. Keep pushing your dreams until you have achieved them, no matter what stands in your way”- Melanie Ribbe.

http://dredecarlo.wo...-melanie-ribbe/

Model Interview: Melanie Ribbe

I met Melanie Ribbe at the Diesel show at Mercedes-Benz Miami Fashion Week in July. Born in Germany but raised in Jamaica, Melanie has had a string of successes since she started modeling in 2008. Her career started when she won a national modeling contest in Jamaica. Next, she participated in Germany’s Next Top Model hosted by Heidi Klum. With that huge media exposure, she received many modeling contracts, and her life has never been the same. “I always knew I wanted to be a model,” she says, “as soon as I flipped through my first fashion magazine.”

Melanie says that being a model has a few bonuses. “The best part of modeling is you can transform into different characters at photo shoots and runway shows. And you get to travel and meet amazing people around the world.” The downside, she says, is that she’s always away from her friends and family.

It’s easy to get distracted by the parties, she says, which can sometimes dead-end your career. Although a few top models can do both, most can’t. “There’s a lot of pressure to go to events and parties,” Melanie says. “The key is to focus on the right events that can give you exposure. But you must stay away from the wrong crowd, or else get caught up. I’ve seen a lot of girls go in that direction.”

If a girl wants to be a model, Melanie has this advice: “If you have the potential, go for it. Always stay true to yourself and don’t change for anyone. Have a goal and stay focused. If you really want that goal, you can achieve it.”

http://michaelsincere.com/mike/?p=209