Bellazon

Coco Rocha
Thumbnail

BubbleBubble

• 2 weeks later...

Did you guys hear what Coco said about modeling lately. She said at 5'10, 120lbs and a size 4, she's found it harder and harder to get work lately :(

But she said: "I'm not in demand for shows any more. I've been told to lose weight even though I am really skinny."

The Canadian beauty's revelation reignited the controversy over rake-thin models who are often copied by vulnerable young girls.

The fashion industry moved away from Size Zero catwalk queens following the deaths of two anorexic model sisters in Uruguay in 2006 and 2007.

And models considered too skeletal are banned at the current London Fashion Week.

But the trend is returning, with designer Karl Lagerfeld accusing critics of being "fat mummies who sit with bags of potato crisps".

Coco, who has appeared on a host of magazine covers and has modelled for Chanel, plans to defy it.

She said in New York: "You know what, I've stopped caring. If I want a hamburger, I'm going to have one. Everybody knows that in general a model needs to be skinny. But how skinny is too skinny?"

Coco is tiny! wtf? Size 4 is big now? This is getting to be too much. I f*cking hate the fashion industry. It wasn't like this when I worked in it. The thinspiration shit didn't start to really take effect till 2004ish with the return of the waif alien like models. (N) Enough is a enough! Even VS who used to like a healthy looking body [ie Adriana, KK, Heidi, Tyra] has slowly started to take a turn for the worse. They put one or two models in the catalog with a healthy looking frame like Doutzen/Kim C, and then flood the site with woman who seem to be getting smaller and smaller as the year passes.

:woot: :chicken: :woot: :chicken: :woot:
Exciting News

I'm very happy to announce that I am engaged. Mr. Conran proposed last week and I most definitely accepted. I don't think I've ever been so happy as I am right now. I can't wait to start the rest of my life with him...

Love you with all my heart James,

xoxo

Coco

OhSoCoco.blogspot

Oh wow, congrats!!

Did you guys hear what Coco said about modeling lately. She said at 5'10, 120lbs and a size 4, she's found it harder and harder to get work lately :(

But she said: "I'm not in demand for shows any more. I've been told to lose weight even though I am really skinny."

The Canadian beauty's revelation reignited the controversy over rake-thin models who are often copied by vulnerable young girls.

The fashion industry moved away from Size Zero catwalk queens following the deaths of two anorexic model sisters in Uruguay in 2006 and 2007.

And models considered too skeletal are banned at the current London Fashion Week.

But the trend is returning, with designer Karl Lagerfeld accusing critics of being "fat mummies who sit with bags of potato crisps".

Coco, who has appeared on a host of magazine covers and has modelled for Chanel, plans to defy it.

She said in New York: "You know what, I've stopped caring. If I want a hamburger, I'm going to have one. Everybody knows that in general a model needs to be skinny. But how skinny is too skinny?"

Coco is tiny! wtf? Size 4 is big now? This is getting to be too much. I f*cking hate the fashion industry. It wasn't like this when I worked in it. The thinspiration shit didn't start to really take effect till 2004ish with the return of the waif alien like models. (N) Enough is a enough! Even VS who used to like a healthy looking body [ie Adriana, KK, Heidi, Tyra] has slowly started to take a turn for the worse. They put one or two models in the catalog with a healthy looking frame like Doutzen/Kim C, and then flood the site with woman who seem to be getting smaller and smaller as the year passes.

That is absolutely crazy! Coco is my model idol- she's amazing! Didn't they say something like this about Gemma? That she's too chubby? Psh, ridiculous. Coco is sooo beautiful and I'm so proud of her for speaking out against all this bizarre thinness the fashion industry strives for. Pretty soon we'll have sticks walking the runway...