Jamie Foxx ... Max Dillon / Electro

Sally Field ... Aunt May

Dane DeHaan ... Harry Osborn

Paul Giamatti ... Aleksei Sytsevich / The Rhino

Chris Cooper ... Norman Osborn

Martin Sheen ... Uncle Ben

Brian Haley ... Phil Watson

• 1 month later...

I like the first movie a lot, I have to say that i think Andrew is a much better Spider-Man than Toby, i think some people didn't even give the first movie a chance and that sucks because I think it was really good. I also love love love Emma Stone as Gwen, i hope she still has an important role in this one.

I do have to say I am not a fan of Shailene at all so I'm not too excited about her playing Mary Jane, but I am willing to give her a chance

I like the first movie a lot, I have to say that i think Andrew is a much better Spider-Man than Toby, i think some people didn't even give the first movie a chance and that sucks because I think it was really good. I also love love love Emma Stone as Gwen, i hope she still has an important role in this one.

I do have to say I am not a fan of Shailene at all so I'm not too excited about her playing Mary Jane, but I am willing to give her a chance

It was always going to be tricky to sell people on the reboot so soon after the iffy third Raimi effort, but I thought 'Amazing' was a pleasant surprise all round. Hopefully, this one will be like when 'The Dark Knight' followed 'Batman Begins' - relatively successful first movie, then a sequel that generates genuine excitement. A Spider-Man vehicle not competing with an Avengers or a Batman should by all rights tear up the box office. :hehe:

Beyond seeing Shailene in 'The Descendants', I can't honestly say I know much about her. She looks much younger than Andrew though so it could be slightly odd seeing them as a couple, if indeed that proves to be the plan. :unsure:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shailene Woodley cut from 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'

Shailene Woodley's Mary Jane Watson will not appear in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Woodley, best known for her role as George Clooney's daughter in The Descendants, shot around three scenes for the sci-fi sequel earlier this year (2013) but her part has now been cut.

In the original Marvel comic books, Mary Jane Watson is Peter Parker's wife and eventual childhood crush. Director Marc Webb made the decision to axe her from his second film because the story closely follows the romance between Andrew Garfield's Peter and Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy.

"I made a creative decision to streamline the story and focus on Peter and Gwen and their relationship," Webb explained to The Hollywood Reporter. "Shailene is an incredibly talented actress and while we only shot a few scenes with Mary Jane, we all love working with her.”

Meanwhile, Woodley told Entertainment Weekly: "Of course I'm bummed. But I'm a firm believer in everything happening for a specific reason .... based on the proposed plot, I completely understand holding off on introducing [Mary Jane] until the next film."

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is set to open worldwide on May 2, 2014. Sony Pictures has already scheduled the third and fourth films for release in June 2016 and May 2018. The plan now is to introduce Mary Jane in The Amazing Spider-Man 3, but according to The Hollywood Reporter, Woodley is unlikely to return and her role will have to be recast.

:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...