Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

Nina and Kate are soooooo damn scrumptious, as always!  :drool: I swear, Kate's curves look even BETTER than last year, and I second what peroxideblonde said: her bikinis MUST stay small. ;) hehe

Fantastic issue overall, definitely better than last year IMO and I'm so glad they're not as shy about showing off more bared butts, nipples, and the like. And HOORAY to less Photoshop! :ddr:

Thanks for all the scans!

It should be mentioned in the first post or the title that the scans start on pg. 160-165. This thread was very helpful!

random thoughts.

Why does Kate Upton even wear a bikini? It can barely contain her.

I don't care how old she is, but Marisa Miller still has the overall most beautiful breasts I have seen. She was my favorite model!

Amazing bodypaint on Hannah! Easily this year's best.

Nina should have been on the cover by herself.

I'll review the rookies. I may come back to the veterans later, but they are of less importance to me.

Chanel Iman: I don't hate her! She has a nice smile and she benefits a lot from the nice location. Not incredibly remarkable, but a sold enough addition.

Grade: B

Gigi Hadid: The general reaction here to her seems to be a universal "meh," but I like her quite a bit more than that. I can understand some of the lukewarm reaction though. Her expressions, while not bad, need a bit more variation, but that will get better with practice. (I'll admit that I may be a bit biased in her favor because I think she's gorgeous.) I especially liked her pictures with Sara. They have good chemistry together.

Grade: B+

Lily Aldridge: To be honest, I've never really given a damn about her. Still, in any case, she is excellent model and does a fantastic job here. I just personally don't care.

Grade: A

Bregje Heinen: If you have some familiarity with Bregje at all, I think you knew something of what to expect here, and you sure get it. Really intense eyes and some fantastic posing. Like I said earlier, I think she is trying to murder us all with her ULTRA DEATH GAZE OF DEATH, and while that is a totally fine look, she really should have smiled at least once or twice methinks. Still, a very nicely done shoot.

Marloes Horst: Bregje can learn something from Marloes here. She has a great balance of sultry and intense alongside cute and smiley. Really nicely done.

Sara Sampaio: This is gonna make her a star. She absolutely nails all of these pictures. Again, really like the duo of her and Gigi a lot. The pictures of the two of them together are probably my favorites of this year's issue.They ought to revisit that next year. Or maybe not because Sara should get the cover next year.

Grade: A+. Rookie of the Year no doubt about it.

Valerie van der Graaf: This was an iffy casting to begin with. I like Valerie okay, but she is EXTREMELY baby-faced. She is quite hit or miss IMO, and in this case, unfortunately, it was mostly misses. I'm not sure if it is ill-advised Photoshopping, the lighting, or something else, but these pictures don't work. She honestly looks a little creepy in some of them. I think she would have greatly benefited from different location with less stark lighting and perhaps a more silly and playful tone to her shoot, like in Sara and Gigi's. As is though, it just does not work.

Grade: D

Emily Ratajkowski: What the hell happened here? Why is her skin such a weird color? In a few of the pictures, she looks great, but otherwise, the makeup people and photographer botched this one big time. She looks better in the body paint photos, but overall, this is kinda of a mess not of her making. Btw, I got a chuckle out of the body paint image that is just a close up of her ass. Nothing else, just ass.

Grade: C

Cris Urena: She's a very pretty girl, but could she at least try to look like she gives a damn? There is lacking variation in expression due to either inexperience or DEATH GAZE OF DEATH like Gigi and Bregje, but this is lack of variation of expression because of apathy. She does not look like she cares at all, and that is disappointing.

Grade: C-

Samantha Hoopes: Um... I'll try not to be too hard on her, but this is kind of a disaster. I get why they cast her. She's an attempt to get another Marissa Miller, and I'll admit that her body is nice, but... well... Butterface. I'm sorry. She looks far older than she is and her lower jaw/mouth is odd. Her single mouth slightly hanging open expression doesn't help either. I feel bad about this, but...

Grade: F

Hannah Ferguson: Pretty obvious Julie Henderson replacement, but she is much more an upgrade than a replacement. Fantastic body, adorable smile, and piercing eyes. Oh, and that is probably the best body paint they've ever done. SI likes to bring in the commercial looking American girl next door type models and they are typically pretty hit or miss. Well, this time they have got a keeper for sure! Hopefully she'll stay around as long as Julie Henderson did.

Lauren Mellor: They already have one Natasha Barnard. They don't need another one. Not that Lauren is unattractive or anything. She's lovely, but not very interesting.

Grade: C+

Overall, this is a pretty excellent rookie class. I'd say they have a success rate exceeding 50% for rookies this year. Very well done.

I'll review the rookies. I may come back to the veterans later, but they are of less importance to me.

Chanel Iman: I don't hate her! She has a nice smile and she benefits a lot from the nice location. Not incredibly remarkable, but a sold enough addition.

Gigi Hadid: The general reaction here to her seems to be a universal "meh," but I like her quite a bit more than that. I can understand some of the lukewarm reaction though. Her expressions, while not bad, need a bit more variation, but that will get better with practice. (I'll admit that I may be a bit biased in her favor because I think she's gorgeous.) I especially liked her pictures with Sara. They have good chemistry together.

Lily Aldridge: To be honest, I've never really given a damn about her. Still, in any case, she is excellent model and does a fantastic job here. I just personally don't care.

Bregje Heinen: If you have some familiarity with Bregje at all, I think you knew something of what to expect here, and you sure get it. Really intense eyes and some fantastic posing. Like I said earlier, I think she is trying to murder us all with her ULTRA DEATH GAZE OF DEATH, and while that is a totally fine look, she really should have smiled at least once or twice methinks. Still, a very nicely done shoot.

Marloes Horst: Bregje can learn something from Marloes here. She has a great balance of sultry and intense alongside cute and smiley. Really nicely done.

Sara Sampaio: This is gonna make her a star. She absolutely nails all of these pictures. Again, really like the duo of her and Gigi a lot. The pictures of the two of them together are probably my favorites of this year's issue.They ought to revisit that next year. Or maybe not because Sara should get the cover next year.

Valerie van der Graaf: This was an iffy casting to begin with. I like Valerie okay, but she is EXTREMELY baby-faced. She is quite hit or miss IMO, and in this case, unfortunately, it was mostly misses. I'm not sure if it is ill-advised Photoshopping, the lighting, or something else, but these pictures don't work. She honestly looks a little creepy in some of them. I think she would have greatly benefited from different location with less stark lighting and perhaps a more silly and playful tone to her shoot, like in Sara and Gigi's. As is though, it just does not work.

Emily Ratajkowski: What the hell happened here? Why is her skin such a weird color? In a few of the pictures, she looks great, but otherwise, the makeup people and photographer botched this one big time. She looks better in the body paint photos, but overall, this is kinda of a mess not of her making. Btw, I got a chuckle out of the body paint image that is just a close up of her ass. Nothing else, just ass.

Cris Urena: She's a very pretty girl, but could she at least try to look like she gives a damn? There is lacking variation in expression due to either inexperience or DEATH GAZE OF DEATH like Gigi and Bregje, but this is lack of variation of expression because of apathy. She does not look like she cares at all, and that is disappointing.

Samantha Hoopes: Um... I'll try not to be too hard on her, but this is kind of a disaster. I get why they cast her. She's an attempt to get another Marissa Miller, and I'll admit that her body is nice, but... well... Butterface. I'm sorry. She looks far older than she is and her lower jaw/mouth is odd. Her single mouth slightly hanging open expression doesn't help either. I feel bad about this, but...

Hannah Ferguson: Pretty obvious Julie Henderson replacement, but she is much more an upgrade than a replacement. Fantastic body, adorable smile, and piercing eyes. Oh, and that is probably the best body paint they've ever done. SI likes to bring in the commercial looking American girl next door type models and they are typically pretty hit or miss. Well, this time they have got a keeper for sure! Hopefully she'll stay around as long as Julie Henderson did.

Lauren Mellor: They already have one Natasha Barnard. They don't need another one. Not that Lauren is unattractive or anything. She's lovely, but not very interesting.

Overall, this is a pretty excellent rookie class. I'd say they have a success rate exceeding 50% for rookies this year. Very well done.

I agree with you.

Love how sara looks in SI. And I do hope that she wins roty.

She has more almost 40% of the votes when I saw the site earlier and now she is down to 0%, anyone knows what happen?

Great analysis and I totally agree with you about Sara. She was easily my fave rookie this year and deserves a lot of recognition for this shoot. Only part I disagree with you is on Lauren, who I thought was sexy and enticing in her pics. Though I do agree that I thought of Natasha as soon as I saw her. haha

How Kate Upton manages to stay relevant and somehow takes the "back cover" and featured "space" thread is absolutely beyond me. Are there people out there who do not think she is (larger, better word now isn't it)? The girl is twice the size of every other model in SI. Shocked she still gets this kind of attention she (super harsh) me.

Edited by Prettyphile

How Kate Upton manages to stay relevant and somehow takes the "back cover" and featured "space" thread is absolutely beyond me. Are there people out there who do not think she is fat? The girl is twice the size of every other model in SI. Shocked she still gets this kind of attention she disgusts me.

You've obviously never seen an actual fat woman before. And I defend her as someone who is decidedly NOT a fan of her. There are legit reasons to dislike her, but I don't think you can call her outright fat.

Oh god, my mother is watching TV and Chrissy T is on some show talking about the HER cover/si ... and Chrissy just told everyone she's not wearing underwear, and that she says mean things to girls online because it's all in the "heat of the moment" and she doesn't mean it...

My mom's eyebrow lifted, she got up in disgust, walked by me muttering "fucking dirty skank"...

/dead

Oh dear god they brought up Kate Upton... the look of her face.. and my mom was like "Yay Kate!"...

Chrissy is trying to change the subject back onto her