Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

I don't think Kate is furious but I doubt she is pleased especially since the cover doesn't make a lot of sense i.e. some more deserving vets aren't on the cover.  But Lily is her friend I am told so I am sure that softens the blow.

Oh, I'm sure that Kate isn't too upset about not doing the three-peat.

I also think that SISE as a vehicle has gotten her as far as it can in terms of improving her mainstream appeal. She probably squeezed that out for all that it's worth more than any model in the last 15+ years.

On the other hand, I do think that seeing someone who wasn't too supportive of your turn on the cover get that honor themselves might cause some feelings of resentment, which would be quite understandable .

Wow, lots of hate for Chrissy.  I'm not a fan of hers, but at least she semi-earned the cover, being a veteran of the issue.  Putting Lily on the cover as a rookie is what blows it.  It takes away the prestige of being a covermodel - especially when it's the 50th anniversary.  Plus, does SI really think she'll be an instant star for them when she's been kind of a dud as an Angel?  :notsure:

I totally agree with this. I love Lily, but the cover does seem to lose prestige when you put a rookie on it, especially for a celebratory issue. It's a bit of a slap in the face for all the other veterans who put it in the years of work. In all honesty, SI should have used this opportunity to give the cover to veteran models who would probably never get a solo cover (Anne V, Chrissy, Cintia, Jessica Gomes, etc).

I do not know anything about Chrissy as a person, but I just find her so, so damn unattractive in the face. Maybe that's where the hate comes from.

Just curious since I see this posted above and some other times; what makes Lily a dud as an angel? I am sure you do not refer to the quality of her work. So it is likely recognition from the average John or Jane Doe. How many average people do you think know the names of most models? Do you think Candice is a house hold name? Doutzen? Vs does not promote the names of the models in their catalog. SI does, so they become house hold names. Vs models are more recognized by look. What do you determine angel success by? Is there something that tracks how much lingerie each has moved? That fans have access to? You can track the success of an SI cover girl by sales. Don't want to sound like a defensive fan boy. Probably failed at that. Just looking for facts.

Well by the anecdotal proof that is Google search, Candice is a more recognized name than Lily. Neither of them come close to Kate Upton, but she is the exception and not the rule in terms of modern day models who achieve true cross-over appeal.

Wow, lots of hate for Chrissy.  I'm not a fan of hers, but at least she semi-earned the cover, being a veteran of the issue.  Putting Lily on the cover as a rookie is what blows it.  It takes away the prestige of being a covermodel - especially when it's the 50th anniversary.  Plus, does SI really think she'll be an instant star for them when she's been kind of a dud as an Angel?  :notsure:

I do not know anything about Chrissy as a person, but I just find her so, so damn unattractive in the face. Maybe that's where the hate comes from.

Nope. Not in my case, anyway. There have been plenty of other SI models I found unattractive. But what makes Chrissy so annoying is her personality.

Perhaps there are others on the current roster with as bad or worse attitudes, but they do a better job at hiding it.

But I'm glad to see all the hate on the board died down while I was asleep.  I think Chrissy is pretty awesome.  Her twitter amuses me to no end.

To each their own, but I don't see how one could get enjoyment out of casual arrogance and occasional viciousness - sinister undertones included.

Then whenever she is called out for her bullshit, she acts like the total innocent.

e.g. when she first started to mock Jay Mohr's infant son but then acted with indignation when the guy found her tweets and called her out for it.

I just opened my fukin' laptop and then, the nigtmare is still the reality ... 

Where is Kate ...? I don't even want to speak of Gen...

Nina, it's Ok (only because she was really active this past year).

Lily, already more not normal, a rookie and not the better, directly on the cover, it's not normal...

But C.T. ... 

Just curious since I see this posted above and some other times; what makes Lily a dud as an angel? I am sure you do not refer to the quality of her work. So it is likely recognition from the average John or Jane Doe. How many average people do you think know the names of most models? Do you think Candice is a house hold name? Doutzen? Vs does not promote the names of the models in their catalog. SI does, so they become house hold names. Vs models are more recognized by look. What do you determine angel success by? Is there something that tracks how much lingerie each has moved? That fans have access to? You can track the success of an SI cover girl by sales. Don't want to sound like a defensive fan boy. Probably failed at that. Just looking for facts.

Well by the anecdotal proof that is Google search, Candice is a more recognized name than Lily. Neither of them come close to Kate Upton, but she is the exception and not the rule in terms of modern day models who achieve true cross-over appeal.

that really only proves that a majority of Horny young don't know her that well. her success as an angel should be determined by how much product she sells with her modeling. Also, no one I work with knows who Candice is. Kate, yes. Even Hannah Davis they know.

OK I need to jump in here.

I'm with oldschoolsifan.  I actually think Chrissy is hilarious.  She can be vicious but I've found most of the time her targets are more than deserving.  Most models twitter feeds, with some exceptions, are rather dull save for the pics that get posted.  I like that she's a live wire, you need a couple of models like that.  I don't agree with everything she posts but not everyone can be a politcally correct, toe-the-line type.  

Some of the shots at her have been pretty over the top. If you want to say she's not your favorite model for whatever reason, that's fine. She's not my favorite either, though i'd at least put her in the top half of most years she's been in SI.  I like the multi-ethnic look she has (remember diversity?).  I just wonder how much of the vitriol has to do with her looks and how much has to do with her mouth (or keyboard as it were).  

And the final irony on her supposedly "meh" looks... I'd dare say 99% of you would date her in a second if given the opportunity to do so.   :gocho:

I'm not sure if I agree that seniority should be rewarded with a cover. And if that is indeed the fact, then surely Anne V should get it before Chrissy?

I'm not saying seniority should be the #1 factor.  I'm saying that when it comes to something (supposedly?) prestigious like the SI cover, you have to pay your dues.  Getting the cover as a rookie feels like a hollow accomplishment for Aldridge, whereas for someone like Anne V it would have felt earned.

In all fairness, VS hasn't knocked it out of the park in years when it comes to their Angels.   :ninja:  Especially compared to, say, Kate Upton.  Even on non-fashion sites and forums, she's everywhere, while Aldridge is... not to be found.  Look at the men's magazine "hot" rankings, which everyone here loves to dismiss as mere popularity contests.  Is she ever on them?