Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

So happy for Nina, even Lily...

but Chrissy WTF?!?!?!

Does she even model? She is a proffesional twitter (and NOT a good one) and a celebrity wife!!

Poor Anne, this was so perfect for her...

Where she comes across as very arrogant and sometimes needlessly vicious.

You mean kind of a b... yeah I know

Chrissy on the SI cover... My nightmare just got real.

It would be perfect if there was Hannah D or Anne V instead of Chrissy. Or, since SI people love photoshop so much, they should have photoshoped Chrissy out of the photo, Nina and Lily look good enough :D

Who was the last rookie on the cover? Daniela in 1996?

It would be perfect if there was Hannah D or Anne V instead of Chrissy. Or, since SI people love photoshop so much, they should have photoshoped Chrissy out of the photo, Nina and Lily look good enough :D

Heidi in 1998, the media is saying.

I always forget Heidi's cover, thanks.

Lily looks gorgeous in motion, can't wait to see more photos and video of her :heart:

Does Beyonce count?

I like the cover. I am in no way a Chrissy fan, but she looks good. Love having Lily and Nina on there. It is a great triple butt shot. As a Lily fan I couldn't be more surprised or thrilled. Plus they gave us a Lily butt pic. VS seems to never feature her backside.

They should have chosen this shot for the cover!! It would have been so much more iconic/appropriate for the 50th issue with the gold bikinis. Plus I hate how on the current cover Chrissy's bikini bottom is pink. It clashes with the other colors and looks very lazy.

209mzpv.png

Wow, lots of hate for Chrissy.  I'm not a fan of hers, but at least she semi-earned the cover, being a veteran of the issue.  Putting Lily on the cover as a rookie is what blows it.  It takes away the prestige of being a covermodel - especially when it's the 50th anniversary.  Plus, does SI really think she'll be an instant star for them when she's been kind of a dud as an Angel?  :notsure:

Just curious since I see this posted above and some other times; what makes Lily a dud as an angel? I am sure you do not refer to the quality of her work. So it is likely recognition from the average John or Jane Doe. How many average people do you think know the names of most models? Do you think Candice is a house hold name? Doutzen? Vs does not promote the names of the models in their catalog. SI does, so they become house hold names. Vs models are more recognized by look. What do you determine angel success by? Is there something that tracks how much lingerie each has moved? That fans have access to? You can track the success of an SI cover girl by sales. Don't want to sound like a defensive fan boy. Probably failed at that. Just looking for facts.