Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

They also said the model wouldn't appear on jimmy kimmel til Monday, so it really could be anyone

Yeah I was thinking that; I think their press release said the cover reveal was happening tonight, model visit next week. Doesn't it seem kinda awkward to do a reveal and not have any interaction from the model, though? :/ Like, "here it is. cool huh? welp, let's move on to Aaron Paul or whoever our guest is..."

Although I disagree that it could be anyone, lol.

they are not doing the top 10 model countdown tonight then? what is the point if no models will be there is MJ even in LA.. they should be aiming for the biggest SI cover ever and they are literally going to reveal who it is and say "moving on.."

I truly think CBS didn't wanna deal SI again this year. For the last two years CBS has lost money and the exclusivity of having the issue first because of the leaks, so why not have it on Kimmel (or any network that' will have SI) and show off the magazine before it's done printing? At least that way SI doesn't get in trouble for the breech, and the network gets to keep their "exclusive" without fear of anyone actually having the magazine.

Tonight on #Kimmel at 11:35 @KevinHart4Real #AboutLastNight, @RealA1Pettyfer #EndlessLove & music from @SageTheGemini #RememberMe

you'd think the host would be hyping it up more as a massive event considering it's the 50th issue rather than just non important filler to pass time between interviews and music performances..

True, Slowen… good catch!  But, the count is actually 13.  You listed 14 names (not 15) - all correct, but Gabrielle Reece isn't considered a model.  She was a sports star, a la Danica Patrick or Steffi Graf.  Confirmation of that is SI's 50 Years of Beautiful list of every model to appear in an issue, and Gabby isn't on that list.  

Of course, SI also considered Beyonce a model in their list, which is ridiculous.  I think they felt like they had to because of the cover.  After all, they couldn't have a "non cover model" for one year, could they?!?  B.S.!  My list has 222 models entering 2014, while SI's official list is 223 counting Beyonce.  I refuse to consider her a model, though.

None of this changes the fact that you were right, though.  Good catch… and yeah, they should know better, no?

you're right! 13.  i accidentally had lujan fernandez as a rookie, but that was her second issue.  and yeah, i wasn't sure how to count gabby reece.  still, 13 is more than 12.  MJ should know--i believe 1999 was her first year as assistant editor.  her rookie year, if you prefer...

Tonight on #Kimmel at 11:35 @KevinHart4Real #AboutLastNight, @RealA1Pettyfer #EndlessLove & music from @SageTheGemini #RememberMe

you'd think the host would be hyping it up more as a massive event considering it's the 50th issue rather than just non important filler to pass time between interviews and music performances..

yeah, there's not even any mention of it on their website today.