Bellazon

Nicolas Ghesquière
Thumbnail

La Parisienne

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for adding, really interesting questions and responses, I feel bad for Nicolas, he had to much to handle while at Balenciaga. I only can image the pressure. But I hope he can someday make his return with his name on the label with all the backup he needs! Fashion needs his vision :D

You're welcome. You know I always appreciate your comments. Flower%20for%20you.gif

WORK ETHIC: Although he exited Balenciaga last November, designer Nicolas Ghesquière continues to captivate the press — and secure megaeditorials. To wit: The summer issue of Berlin magazine 032c, due out Tuesday, features Ghesquière on the cover in an embrace with actress Charlotte Gainsbourg, his muse, plus 38 pages inside.

The magazine calls the feature its “monument” to Ghesquière’s final season, with Gainsbourg posing for photographer Karim Sadli in looks from the spring collection. Meanwhile, in the 14,000-word article by Pierre Alexandre de Looz, the designer breaks his silence on his split from Balenciaga and drops a few choice hints about his future plans — while skirting widespread speculation he will work with LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton in some capacity, possibly launching his own brand.

“Ideally, I’d like to give myself a six-month break, to travel and discover things. I’m not sure it’ll happen because some interesting projects are on the horizon,” he says. “Given the projects and the offers I have on the table, the trick is to think about what is most inspiring, what can become a new way of working.”

Later in the article, he seems torn between the golden handcuffs of a megabrand and the route less traveled. “I’m preparing something, but I have choices to make. I will announce something when I am ready,” he said. “Now is my time to question interseasonality — it’s always the opposite season somewhere in the world — and fashion’s need to be global while respecting the environment and local cultures and of course the usual six-month cycle for collections. I may decide to fulfill that mission again, and I’ll enjoy it as I always have. Another part of me absolutely wants to break these rules. I may be putting myself in danger, but that’s what I want these days. I enjoyed years of extreme comfort at Balenciaga. It’s fantastic to harvest that status to explore in new ways, rather than sticking to a routine, even if it was the most comfortable and incredible, I couldn’t be in a better position.”

Source: wwd

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...