Bellazon

Riccardo Tisci
Thumbnail

La Parisienne

"I have to be honest: My great strength, which I very much believe in, is family. For me, family doesn’t simply mean components of DNA. I mean family in the sense of siblings. My mom and my sisters are the energy and inspiration in my life. For me, fashion is a job. I love it. It’s my passion. But the most important thing for me in general is life. I was lucky. From the time I was a little, I was always surrounded by women, and I am very attracted to the feminine world, because I love the strength and romanticism, which in the end, you can find in my style."

Interview Magazine: http://www.interview...ccardo-tisci/#/_

Riccardo_Tisci.jpg

“It’s not a violent picture. For me, it’s a sweet dog. It represents power and sweetness. A dog is much better than a human being. I think humans, in the society we live in today, are a little bit unfaithful. So many people are insecure about love. Dogs are the only creature that still has a heart and a brain and is still your best friend.”

Raised by a single mother and the only boy among eight sisters in Taranto, Italy, Riccardo grew up poor and had to take on various odd jobs to supplement the family income by the time he was 12. As soon as he finished high school at 17, he left Italy for London where he studied at Central Saint Martins. "I come from a very humble background that taught me to appreciate simplicity."

Source: http://www.mens-folio.com/features/13/riccardo-tiscis-revival-of-givenchy