Bellazon

Jo Kelly

Alexjc

This stunner of an Elancyl ad came out just as I was hitting manhood...enough said.

Anyway by the 90s supermodel era I begin to think it was Estelle? But now I'm not sure.

The pose, swimsuit shape and face really got my er attention.

Who is she?

80sAd.jpg

Thanks for that...I believe it's Rachel Williams, (that big long ponytail of hair pulled down her lefthand side) - most likely as she did an Elancyl campainge around 1986-89. The face is young and fresh so to speak...The body shape seems to match.

Thanks for the help everyone, will use the resources you have guided me to...I homed in on Rachel as she was an Elancyl model around this time - and Estelle for her promenence in this era. I'm wondering if she could be an early Karen Mulder?

Great self imposed assignment to prove a point to a colleague...

...and all this because I said to friends that the 80s-90s Supermodel Era was far better than whats out there today. I'm so glad I was around for it.

Thanks for the help everyone, will use the resources you have guided me to...I homed in on Rachel as she was an Elancyl model around this time - and Estelle for her promenence in this era. I'm wondering if she could be an early Karen Mulder?

i posted this is in the fashionspot. Rachel didn't have hair that short during that time frame. Short hair for models wasn't too big during that time. It was big in the early 1980s in the US market but not the French market. Lots of American agencies were sending their more feminine types to France during this era.

• 2 weeks later...