Bellazon

Music of 2013

donbot

:ddr:

I'll start with a Pulp song, which was actually released on Christmas Eve last year, but who remembers that <_<

It was written some years ago, but was just recently produced and released in this form.. dunno if it's a sign of more new stuff to come from them or not. I hope so though! James Murphy was one of the producers to work on it too - he sure has been getting around since LCD Soundsystem broke up :laugh:

So first live music of the year for me - I went to the Southbound Festival on the weekend :ddr:

I got to see..

Day 1:

- Ball Park Music

- Matt Corby

- Sharon Van Etten

- (little bit of) Django Django

- The Vaccines

- Boy and Bear

- The Hives

- The Flaming Lips

Day 2:

- First Aid Kit

- Maximo Park

- Best Coast

- (little bit of) Lisa Mitchell

- Bombay Bicycle Club

- Rodrigo Y Gabriela (fucking mindblowing guitarists - go check them out if you can!)

- Beach House

Ones in bold were the real standouts.

Beach House post-19363-0-1446185190-50593_thumb.gif post-19363-0-1446185190-51669_thumb.gif

London duo The Correspondents have just released the promo for their upcoming single 'Well Measured Vice'. The song isn't bad, but the video is just great. Apparently, it's made up from over 2,000 frames, all of which were hand-drawn by the lead singer over a period of three months. Slightly mind-blowing. :wacko:

^Great stuff! Very Van Etten :hehe:

Sleigh Bells have told triple j they're almost half way through their follow up to last year's Reign of Terror.

Alexis and Derek popped into the triple j studios ahead of their final Big Day Out shows this weekend and said fans can look forward to some cheerier sounds on the new LP.

"We've been really productive. We're 5 songs deep into our new record so it'll be out sooner rather than later."

"It's not as dark", guitarist Derek Miller said of their sound.

"I kind of worked through a lot of difficult stuff on the last record."

"We always reference Comeback Kid as being the last song that we recorded and that brought us in a different music direction," added Alexis.

"Different headspace, just more up and positive...not as downer"

Finally get to see them live on Monday.. can't wait :ddr:

I also went to a Weezer show the other night. First time they've been in the country in 16 years :chicken:

They played a sort of 'best of' set, followed by the Blue Album in full.. amazing :Dinah:

Sleigh Bells and Weezer within a week? Consider me envious, sir! :persuazn: 'The Blue Album' is one of the best records in the world. :chicken: