Bellazon

Athiests vs. Agnostics vs. Theist

AnaBBarrosFan

What I'm saying is that your religion and the followers of your religion is extremely flawed, especially towards women. Women are getting killed for trying to educate themselves, or because they are raped, "honor killings" they call it, and might even have to marry their rapist to avoid jail time. Having a kid out of wedlock, you might get stoned to death. And let's not forget the terrorists and suicide bombers who are often seen as heroes becaused they killed the infidel and died for the cause, all in the name of ISLAM!!! So, did you just pick and choose which scripure you choose to follow?! I saw some documentary on Islam which showed some things outlawed. One the guys even said "If you are a liberal, moderate, or extremest Muslim, you have scriptures to fit your point of view". I saw "Zero Dark Thirty" the other day, and one scene in particular made me wanna change my name.

I get you have to say these things, and maybe your right, its probably not in the Quran. However, violence against women, brutal executions, and the suicide bombers from the most part have roots in countries where the population is mostly Muslims and the dominate religion is Islam. My uncle served in Kuwait, and now is stationed in Afganistan. Proof's in the pudding, right? Just let me know if it's a cultural thing in countries where those practices take place. It seems like the Turkish, Albanians, Bosnians, Malaysians, Indonesians, and most of the Stan countries under Russia don't participate in the kind of practices I have mentioned before.

P.S. My grandfather converted to Islam. Thing is he first joined the Nation of Islam. Look up Elijah Muhammad, Malcolm X, and Louis Farrakhan, if you must. It was pretty much born out of the Civil Rights Movement. When Malcolm X decided to leave the NOI, my grandfather followed suit and eventually became Sunni like him,

I get you have to say these things, and maybe your right, its probably not in the Quran. However, violence against women, brutal executions, and the suicide bombers from the most part have roots in countries where the population is mostly Muslims and the dominate religion is Islam. My uncle served in Kuwait, and now is stationed in Afganistan. Proof's in the pudding, right? Just let me know if it's a cultural thing in countries where those practices take place. It seems like the Turkish, Albanians, Bosnians, Malaysians, Indonesians, and most of the Stan countries under Russia don't participate in the kind of practices I have mentioned before.

P.S. My grandfather converted to Islam. Thing is he first joined the Nation of Islam. Look up Elijah Muhammad, Malcolm X, and Louis Farrakhan, if you must. It was pretty much born out of the Civil Rights Movement. When Malcolm X decided to leave the NOI, my grandfather followed suit and eventually became Sunni like him,

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier. My hand/fingers were in such a bad shape. Anyway, I know where you're coming from, I'm not mad or pressed or anything. I know why you think this way, heck even I wonder why some people in my religion resort or bloodshed, violence and abuse. That is not what islam teaches. It just isn't. There's a letter that the Prophet Muhammed wrote to christians. Of course it's not his writing, because he couldn't write, but it's his words. Anyway, it's basically about live and let live. I'll try and post it or you can google in yourself.

If a fight is brewing between two people, the first person that walks away will be rewarded by God. That's the kind of thing that islam is about. I could give many more examples but I can't seem to remember much at the moment. The only time violence or fighting back is accepted is if you're 100% attacked and the only thing you can do is strike back.

Btw, I was born and bred in a muslim country, my country doesn't do violence. The world is full of such countries.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...