Bellazon

Screencapping Tutorial

anyone knows the program to screencap video but the quality of pic be the same, I tried some programs but then pics quality was horrible

Do you mean a program to like screencap what's on your pc or for movies like Windows Media Player etc?

In that case I use GOM Player, it's free and good! :)

to screencap the video, for example

I forgot when was the last time I used Gom Player :trout: but how the screencapping works there ?? like screencap by hand frame by frame or just like screencaping video like Photoshop screencaps it itself while making gif ???

I have some sets to make now actually.

If you gimme a sec I'll use one of them to explain :)

I think your problem might be that you don't have an animation bar for the gifs yet.

Can you try to go to Window in the top of your screen, and make sure Animation is checked.

If that's the case you should see the bar with all your frames and on the top right a little arrow on which you can click and find 'make frames from layers' :)

I split the topic because I think it is better if this topic had it's own thread :)

wijnboerinnetje: I have a few clarifying questions. Say I only want to capture a certain section, is this what I should do: set the player to where I would like it to start capturing--> press "Burst Capture"--> play? When I have the section I want, do I just stop the video and it will automatically stop the capturing as well? I noticed for Screen Capture mode you had the "Burst Capture Image" at 999, but for Burst Capture mode you had it set up for 200. Based on your experience, do you suggest about 200 as the general number of bust capture images? I think an approximate number would be helpful. Thanks! :flower:

^Depends on how much you want to capture, PC. You'll find most videos around 24fps, although you might get some HD clips up to 60fps. So if you wanted to cap around 5 seconds, you're looking at 24 * 5 = 120 frames. As wjn said though, better to capture more than you have to and delete what you don't need afterwards.

Hey wjn, just an aside - you can save time when you're bringing the images into Photoshop by going to File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack.... That way you can browse to your folder, select all the images, then just let it run. You don't have to worry about creating the document at the right size, or clicking Enter a zillion times :)

generally when you make gif, the best way is to let PS make screencaps itself File >> Import >> Video Frames To Layers...

only one problem is that max number of frames is 500 and if you want more frames, you should do it again unit you get your desired number of frames

I just needed screencaps as pics and that's why I asked about screencapping,but it turned out to be very helpful for me, cuz I accidentally downloaded PS for 32bit Windows instead of 64bit and cuz of it isn't capable with my PC system Import option isn't active :/ :trout:

Hey wjn, just an aside - you can save time when you're bringing the images into Photoshop by going to File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack.... That way you can browse to your folder, select all the images, then just let it run. You don't have to worry about creating the document at the right size, or clicking Enter a zillion times :)

Once again, you saved me a lot of time and trouble, dear donbot :heythere:

generally when you make gif, the best way is to let PS make screencaps itself File >> Import >> Video Frames To Layers...

only one problem is that max number of frames is 500 and if you want more frames, you should do it again unit you get your desired number of frames

Letting PS make the caps itself is indeed much faster, but let's say my photoshop isn't really official :whistle: and not capable of doing that ;)

wijnboerinnetje: I have a few clarifying questions. Say I only want to capture a certain section, is this what I should do: set the player to where I would like it to start capturing--> press "Burst Capture"--> play? When I have the section I want, do I just stop the video and it will automatically stop the capturing as well? I noticed for Screen Capture mode you had the "Burst Capture Image" at 999, but for Burst Capture mode you had it set up for 200. Based on your experience, do you suggest about 200 as the general number of bust capture images? I think an approximate number would be helpful. Thanks! :flower:

GOM won't stop capping images once you click pause, so I generally just let it run and delete the frames I don't need like donbot said.

If you don't want to use the video anymore after getting the frames you need, you can however click pause and then close the whole thing, it saves time deleting :)

Letting PS make the caps itself is indeed much faster, but let's say my photoshop isn't really official :whistle: and not capable of doing that ;)

ah that's another thing :p

• 2 weeks later...

The way I make gifs is by cutting the video so that I get only the part I want to animate. It'd be like a couple secs ranging from 2-5 secs. Then I'd convert that piece to avi. Open it with Ulead Gif Animator and then edit the frames however I want. It also has an optimizer so you can change the quality to reduce the size.