Bellazon

Why no reputation system?

mainman

Oh my,guys,you're welcome-I just did something simple,but ofcourse it's nice when it is appreciated-Thanx Mainman and Parisien :flower: :flower:

But truly,I don't care for this rating thing,though it's so sweet to rate people up,and if just the downgrading get removed.

people just want to be appreciated. as of late, i feel like there is a lot of complaining on this site. it was never that way. i always preferred this site to other forums because it was super relaxed and people were nice and respectful. all of a sudden its starting to get a negative vibe. i dont get involved in many threads other than identifications and adding images and info of fashion models but i am starting to see a lot of things i don't like on this site. maybe we should start to thank one another more often to promote a friendlier vibe on here. perhaps we should have a member appreciation thread. Its one thing to criticize a topic but its another to criticize a member. its very easy for comments to be misconstrued and sarcasm doesn't come across well on this site. this is a global site where a lot of members don't speak English as a first language. so it's easy for something to get ugly quick.

I don't see the harm in promoting member participation especially positive member appreciation. we should figure out a way to do so other than stars because most of the time people don't look at those and its unfair to user who don't communicate to others due to language barriers.

i know you guys don't want this place to be fashionspot 2.0 but there are some good things about that site. plus you don't have to do the same thing fashionspot does but you can benchmark (ie look at their site to get ideas to make this one better or add something they are missing).

I know this might not be the best place to put this but I feel In the spirit of this thread, I should acknowledge some members for their contributions:

Awesomexxx- for always helping me find catalog images in Germany of certain models and talking about commercial models.

AnaBeatrizBarrosfan- for finding the exact images I just posted in a much better quality when I spent hours looking for them and couldn't find them. LOL. Also for liking London models and catalogs.

Ramsfan- for always appreciating almost every model I add

Antoinetta- for adding catalog images when I post about it in a thread because I am unable to. also for liking some of the lesser known models I like.

Jamie Leah- for posting catalog images when I ask and keeping interest in commercial models

Dayrell- for adding covers for me to identify. seriously they are my favorite thing to identify.

DaniCullen- helping me keep models agencies up to date. seriously you have no idea how important knowing a models agency is when finding images. also for knowing every member and what countries they come from. It really helps with translations.:)

Neferti- for giving me extremely difficult model ids.. seriously I love them. also for helping me track down runway pictures of models who everyone has forgotten about and of course our industry discussions.

El Jefe- for tracking down HQ version of lookbooks and giving me lots of id request when I am bored.

JoeAverage- for asking me interesting questions about fashion and giving me the most difficult yet rewarding model ids. seriously i don't know how he finds these models one of them took me a year to id but i found her and when i did i was so excited.

Cataullus- for finding catalog images of models in Canada, UK, and USA. for tracking down very old catalog images when i tell him a catalog and time frame of when I remember a model at a certain site. Also for helping me identify models on those other sites.

Carmelita- for helping me with my sigs and random discussions

Janet Garrison- for keeping interest in image models especially the lesser known ones. also for asking me how to find images of models so i don't spend all my spare time tracking them down for everyone else.

Mahi - for promoting US commercial models who otherwise would never get noticed

Baby.Jude- for identifying US catalog models especially Forever 21 and Delias.

francyitaly- even though i don't know this member, i would like to say thank you for your ids in Neferti's runway threads. somehow you're always beating me to Neferti's runway id threads and identify other runway models so effortlessly.

at the end of the day, there are so many people who do great things in this forum whether its helping find images, help moderators do their jobs, or helping other memers. everyone has a role in this forum whether it is good or bad.

There are so many people I would like to acknowledge and I am sure I forgot a whole bunch. these were off the top of my head. i am sure i spelled their names wrong too but thank you for all your help, interesting conversations, and especially your fun model id challenges.

remember guys: BE NICE. Don't complain about others in other threads. Try to work it out over PM and if that fails call in unbiased moderator. Also remember there is a difference between constructive criticism and being mean. Its hard not to be sensitive some times but remember this forum is meant to be fun, not hard work unless JoeAverage has given you a model id. LOL.

As always, feel free to PM me. I am always willing to help. And welcome Mainman.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

people just want to be appreciated. as of late, i feel like there is a lot of complaining on this site. it was never that way. i always preferred this site to other forums because it was super relaxed and people were nice and respectful. all of a sudden its starting to get a negative vibe. i dont get involved in many threads other than identifications and adding images and info of fashion models but i am starting to see a lot of things i don't like on this site. maybe we should start to thank one another more often to promote a friendlier vibe on here. perhaps we should have a member appreciation thread. Its one thing to criticize a topic but its another to criticize a member. its very easy for comments to be misconstrued and sarcasm doesn't come across well on this site. this is a global site where a lot of members don't speak English as a first language. so it's easy for something to get ugly quick.

I don't see the harm in promoting member participation especially positive member appreciation. we should figure out a way to do so other than stars because most of the time people don't look at those and its unfair to user who don't communicate to others due to language barriers.

i know you guys don't want this place to be fashionspot 2.0 but there are some good things about that site. plus you don't have to do the same thing fashionspot does but you can benchmark (ie look at their site to get ideas to make this one better or add something they are missing).

I know this might not be the best place to put this but I feel In the spirit of this thread, I should acknowledge some members for their contributions:

Awesomexxx- for always helping me find catalog images in Germany of certain models and talking about commercial models.

AnaBeatrizBarrosfan- for finding the exact images I just posted in a much better quality when I spent hours looking for them and couldn't find them. LOL. Also for liking London models and catalogs.

Ramsfan- for always appreciating almost every model I add

Antoinetta- for adding catalog images when I post about it in a thread because I am unable to. also for liking some of the lesser known models I like.

Jamie Leah- for posting catalog images when I ask and keeping interest in commercial models

Dayrell- for adding covers for me to identify. seriously they are my favorite thing to identify.

DaniCullen- helping me keep models agencies up to date. seriously you have no idea how important knowing a models agency is when finding images. also for knowing every member and what countries they come from. It really helps with translations. :)

Neferti- for giving me extremely difficult model ids.. seriously I love them. also for helping me track down runway pictures of models who everyone has forgotten about and of course our industry discussions.

El Jefe- for tracking down HQ version of lookbooks and giving me lots of id request when I am bored.

JoeAverage- for asking me interesting questions about fashion and giving me the most difficult yet rewarding model ids. seriously i don't know how he finds these models one of them took me a year to id but i found her and when i did i was so excited.

Cataullus- for finding catalog images of models in Canada, UK, and USA. for tracking down very old catalog images when i tell him a catalog and time frame of when I remember a model at a certain site. Also for helping me identify models on those other sites.

Carmelita- for helping me with my sigs and random discussions

Janet Garrison- for keeping interest in image models especially the lesser known ones. also for asking me how to find images of models so i don't spend all my spare time tracking them down for everyone else.

Mahi - for promoting US commercial models who otherwise would never get noticed

Baby.Jude- for identifying US catalog models especially Forever 21 and Delias.

francyitaly- even though i don't know this member, i would like to say thank you for your ids in Neferti's runway threads. somehow you're always beating me to Neferti's runway id threads and identify other runway models so effortlessly.

at the end of the day, there are so many people who do great things in this forum whether its helping find images, help moderators do their jobs, or helping other memers. everyone has a role in this forum whether it is good or bad.

There are so many people I would like to acknowledge and I am sure I forgot a whole bunch. these were off the top of my head. i am sure i spelled their names wrong too but thank you for all your help, interesting conversations, and especially your fun model id challenges.

remember guys: BE NICE. Don't complain about others in other threads. Try to work it out over PM and if that fails call in unbiased moderator. Also remember there is a difference between constructive criticism and being mean. Its hard not to be sensitive some times but remember this forum is meant to be fun, not hard work unless JoeAverage has given you a model id. LOL.

As always, feel free to PM me. I am always willing to help. And welcome Mainman.