Bellazon

Why no reputation system?

mainman

There is a reputation system here (other users can give you from 1 to 5 stars), but I don't know how it works.

really? But there are no repping buttons anywhere? How do you know there is a system?

...and why are there no mods looking out for newbie questions like this? ;)

^ There is no REAL reputation system here. All we have is the 5 star rating system for each individual member (which is easily sabotaged by any free willing rouge member) and if you look above anyone's avatar, there is a member title system that changes according to # of posts, ie: New Comer, Super PIP, and so on and so forth.

But the implementation of rep system would be a great idea for a board like this :yes:

there are no repping buttons anywhere?

Until now I wasn't able to find them. I might be a bit clumsy.

How do you know there is a system?

You can see those stars in your profile.

why are there no mods looking out for newbie questions like this? ;)

I honestly don't know why the Mods didn't explain this to us.

It's a perfectly valid question but quite honestly, there's not a lot for the mods to explain. I'm not aware of any 'official' BZ line on the issue, so I'd venture a guess that it's simply a personal preference of the boss to not have it.

For what it's worth though, reputation systems aren't really my cup of tea either. I'm not saying there's no upside to them, but they seem to encourage an 'I'm better than you' mentality, which for me, we can do without. One of the things I most like about BZ is that it's not elitist. :smile:

Yeah, all I was really thinking some kind of "thanks" system so people could feel appreciated for their posts, as I am assuming it's an "image only" board like UMC (ie "comment spam" is discouraged, so simply posting "thank you" isn't really an option

All we have is the 5 star rating system for each individual member (which is easily sabotaged by any free willing rouge member) and if you look above anyone's avatar, there is a member title system that changes according to # of posts, ie: New Comer, Super PIP, and so on and so forth.

Yeah, all I was really thinking some kind of "thanks" system so people could feel appreciated for their posts, as I am assuming it's an "image only" board like UMC (ie "comment spam" is discouraged, so simply posting "thank you" isn't really an option

In that case, I wouldn't be as opposed to it. I'm afraid I'm not that technically inclined, so whether or not it's a possibility, I couldn't really say. You'd be more than welcome to post the odd quick 'thank you' around the forum, though. It's a nice gesture and the kind souls who post pics appreciate it. :)

In that case, I wouldn't be as opposed to it. I'm afraid I'm not that technically inclined, so whether or not it's a possibility, I couldn't really say. You'd be more than welcome to post the odd quick 'thank you' around the forum, though. It's a nice gesture and the kind souls who post pics appreciate it. :)