Bellazon

Pretty Ugly

Maiya

Have you ever found a model to be pretty then ugly then you just can't make up your mind if the model is pretty or ugly that you just don't understand in which category she belongs because you keep changing your mind every time you see a new pictures, I have plenty of time this happening to me and if you have experience this you can post your list of models that fall on this category.

Here is my list:

Sara Sampaio

Lindsey Ellingson

Miranda Kerr

Shanina Shaik

Emily Didonato

Nataniele Ribeiro

Irina Sheik

Catalina Otalvarro

Kate Upton

Chrissy Teigen

Cintia Dicker

Bregje Heinen

Marina Neri

Ana Beatriz Barros

Have you ever found a model to be pretty then ugly then you just can't make up your mind if the model is pretty or ugly that you just don't understand in which category she belongs because you keep changing your mind every time you see a new pictures, I have plenty of time this happening to me and if you have experience this you can post your list of models that fall on this category.

Here is my list:

Sara Sampaio

Lindsey Ellingson

Miranda Kerr

Shanina Shaik

Emily Didonato

Nataniele Ribeiro

Irina Sheik

Catalina Otalvarro

Kate Upton

Chrissy Teigen

Cintia Dicker

Bregje Heinen

Not ugly but their degree of beauty is confusing,sometimes very beautiful and other times not so beautiful,but ugly No.Also I won't put EMily there,always beautiful for me,and Catalina Otalvarro coz I don't know her at all,and I would put Doutzen ,so confusing beauty for me.

I agree with Maiya. I get the idea of Pretty - Ugly. There's certain features about these woman that keep that from being that Alien Beauty that fashion loves, or Classically beautiful, and some people might find these features off-putting as a result

I can see it in every single person you listed Maiya, and I agree with the vast majority of them.. Even Kate who everyone knows I adore. (Super round face, odd smile, blocky body, pugged nose ect).

Actually Maiya wrote in her thread-she is not that ugly that sounds very rude,especialy considering that Sara reads her thread

Many beauties have flaws but these flaws doesn`t make them ugly.Saying they are ugly is exagerrating things or at least it is my personal opinion.

And about Emily she just radiates beauty .

Seriously I'm not quite certain why you're all getting up in arms over this thread. The topic isn't meant to be offensive, and while her description of what she was trying to get across was a little vague, it wasn't so vague that you should all be confused over it. Ugly Pretty, Pretty Ugly, interchangeable words meant not as an insult but as a point of conversation. It's quite common in so many models especially.

Most models these days have one or two points that are incredibly striking, whether it's their eyes, their nose, their lips or just that "something" that they exude. This translates into something that can be called ugly pretty, or pretty ugly as Maiya as said. Where you're left with a feeling where you are awed by their beauty in one picture, and in another, (quite possibly from the same shoot) you're left scratching your head wondering where the shining beacon of beauty went.

Not to say the girls are ugly, far from it as none of them are a definition of ugly. Striking perhaps, different, even a little weird sometimes, but that sells.

Doutzen and Emily are two of those pretty ugly girls for me. Some pictures I'm completely blown away and quite willing to say they are some of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen and yet in other pictures I'm left with a feeling of absolute disinterest. Puffiness in their face, or just the wrong angles leave me cold.

I think it comes down to that their most striking features can be utilized to go in opposite extremes, or other facets whether it's their personality or energy can make us overlook the beautiful flaws so to speak.

:idk: I just think that people get way to worked up when they see the world ugly and immediately think of it as an insult, especially is regards to their personal favorites. Just step back and look at it objectively, no ones asking you to agree with their opinion as it is in fact broached as an opinion, but to get worked up over another persons opinion is an absolute waste of time.

First of all, I agree with the posts above and

And Maiya isn't trying to rag on these models. She's stated in Sara S thread that she liked a number of things about her, but something about her face just didn't always connect and it came across as odd for her.

I understand that & I have the same feelings with few models I like but you said in one sentence the right way to say it (in bold)

The world "ugly" makes my skin crawl.

and this?

Not to say the girls are ugly, far from it as none of them are a definition of ugly. Striking perhaps, different, even a little weird sometimes, but that sells.

yes.

&I still think the title of this thread is silly.

You just can't find a woman pretty then suddenly ugly unless you are 3 years old and u just decided u don't like ur Barbie anymore after u played with it for one day?

That's what I feel reading what she wrote.

just can't make up your mind if the model is pretty or ugly that you just don't understand in which category she belongs because you keep changing your mind every time you see a new pictures

Now yes, I have model or actresses that fall in the category "I think this girl is so gorgeous but damn something wrong with her face sometimes and it bugs me?"

e.g:

Kat Dennings

image-D045_5092F3BA.jpg

I think she is amazing and so beautiful (and a good actress) but then I see her non parallel eyes and her big nose and her huge lips and I find her so weird looking on many pictures. (she sometimes looks like a Picasso :nicole: )

But ugly? No.

Exotic:

-Daria W.-exotic nose and eyes

-Aymeline (spelling?)- narrow head, aggressive eyes

-Freja: Her forehead is too long

-Karmen P.- exotic eyes and bridge

-Eniko- her whole face is exotic

-Kasia S.-exotic cheekbones and nose

-Magdalena- her whole face is exotic

-Behati P.- her whole face is exotic

-Caroline Brasch Nielsen- exotic cheekbones

I believe that all of these models can potentially look unattractive or gorgeous if they choose a riskier look. So it all depends on the way they present themselves (makeup, hair, clothes, expression, etc.) and how it blends with their uniqueness.

post-40981-0-1446069641-84125_thumb.png

I admire your passion. :)

:) Kate has that "it" factor that 95% of the current models don't have, and the one's who have that "it" obviously don't relate to the general public like Kate ... no one really knows why, however the majority of Americans seem to like the idea of a fuller figured 90's supermodel throw back. Plus it doesn't help that she has an enduring personality, has no issues taking off her clothing to get to the bare minimum (sex sells, like it or not) she's quirky, looks fun to hang out with... and lastly she's American.

So I dunno, you tell me why American's love her? However there really isn't an answer to your question, each person loves her for different reasons, but that's not the point.

Kate is still Pretty-Ugly to me. Beautiful girl, but has a number of "flaws" that can make her off-putting in pictures.

My usage of the saying 'the American people' was a bit tongue-in cheek, I'm afraid :) I do not follow Katie much at all, but I did notice her 'all American' covers on Mens magazines and so forth. Draped in the American flag, and apparently more American than normal.

I've done scant due diligence on this one, so don't hold me on it: I don't think that she's a throwback to 1990s models, but rather to earlier time periods. I'm thinking even as far back as the 1960s or 1950s. I look at the way she dresses , flaunts herself, and does her hair, and it reminds me of Marilyn Monroe and other figures of those times. But it's a throwback with a modern twist, I'd say.

She's certainly a lot more leggy than they were, though. Like Marilyn, one cannot say that she is the 'most perfect' one. But I wager that they both know that, that isn't the point.

The word ugly existing within any conceivable distance of Emily = lols

Nadine Strittmatter springs to mind as a bit of a two-face.

She's a great model regardless. Sometimes I think she just needs a hug <_<

post-19363-0-1446069643-05587_thumb.jpg

post-19363-0-1446069643-07089_thumb.jpg

Also, I think Clara Alonso has one of the most beautiful faces, but there's something really weird about her profile.. she looks like a different person :O_O:

post-19363-0-1446069643-08872_thumb.jpg

post-19363-0-1446069643-11739_thumb.jpg

Seriously I'm not quite certain why you're all getting up in arms over this thread. The topic isn't meant to be offensive, and while her description of what she was trying to get across was a little vague, it wasn't so vague that you should all be confused over it. Ugly Pretty, Pretty Ugly, interchangeable words meant not as an insult but as a point of conversation. It's quite common in so many models especially.

Most models these days have one or two points that are incredibly striking, whether it's their eyes, their nose, their lips or just that "something" that they exude. This translates into something that can be called ugly pretty, or pretty ugly as Maiya as said. Where you're left with a feeling where you are awed by their beauty in one picture, and in another, (quite possibly from the same shoot) you're left scratching your head wondering where the shining beacon of beauty went.

Doutzen and Emily are two of those pretty ugly girls for me. Some pictures I'm completely blown away and quite willing to say they are some of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen and yet in other pictures I'm left with a feeling of absolute disinterest. Puffiness in their face, or just the wrong angles leave me cold.

I think it comes down to that their most striking features can be utilized to go in opposite extremes, or other facets whether it's their personality or energy can make us overlook the beautiful flaws so to speak.

:idk: I just think that people get way to worked up when they see the world ugly and immediately think of it as an insult, especially is regards to their personal favorites. Just step back and look at it objectively, no ones asking you to agree with their opinion as it is in fact broached as an opinion, but to get worked up over another persons opinion is an absolute waste of time.

exactly my though, there is no need to get all offensive, it was just to start a conversation about having ambivalent feeling toward a model. Is not like I am calling them ugly literally. I guess ugly is not the appropiate it word for it mmm maybe unattractive.

ps. I so agree with Kat Denning, I think she is pretty but sometimes she just doesn't look all that great.

I think Kristen Stewart, and Sarah Hyland makes it in this category also.

Kristen Stewart yeah,she has so beautiful face but she doesn't like to show it,her style,her looks,her talk,her pose ,I don't like the way she poses in front of cameras at all,and all this ruin it.