1. 1. who has the perfect face?

• Adriana Lima
    • Ana Beatriz Barros
    • Alessandra Ambrosio
    • Gisele Bundchen
    • Petra Nemcova

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't think any of them are perfectly symmetrical, but (although I really don't find her the least bit attractive) I voted for Gisele as having the smallest amount of asymmetry in her face (and therefore she is the most symmetrical out of the lot).

After seeing my own face flipped horizontally (from how I would normally see it in a mirror) all the tiny asymmetrical things jumped out at me. I always noticed it in the mirror after that and started to see all the asymmetry in other people's faces, too. That's why I did not vote for my favourites because, even though I still find them stunningly beautiful, their asymmetrical features really stand out to me.

The thing is, many of the people here see pictures of these models all the time and get so used to seeing their faces that they do not notice how asymmetrical their features are (same as what happens with us seeing our own faces in the mirror every day). If you take a forwards-facing picture of each of these models, then flip the pictures horizontally, you might be able to see the asymmetry I am seeing. Though I wouldn't bet on it because I'm a bit of a perfectionist and probably notice these things much more than a normal person would...

Here's why I did not choose each one:

Adriana - Her right eyebrow is lower than the other one; her left eyebrow is also thicker and the eyebrow hairs above the nose bridge fan out (they do not on the other one); the width of her right eye (from bottom to top) is less than her left; her nose bridge does not go straight and goes slightly to the left side of her face; the tip of her nose is wider on the left side than it is on the right; when she smiles her upper lip on the left side is straight, but on the right side it curves in an upside-down 'u' shape; when she smiles the left corner of her mouth also curves up, whereas the right corner curves down; the 'smile lines' that appear around her mouth are closer to it on the left side than they are on the right side.

Ana – Her left eyebrow is thinner and not the same shape as the other one; her left eyelid is wider than the other one; her right eye is bigger than the left; looking at the c-shape curve between the inner corner of her left eye and her nose bridge, her left eye appears to be deeper set than the right; her nostrils are different shapes; the 'smile line' on the right side of her face is closer to her mouth than the one on the left; the left part of her upper lip is thicker than the right.

Alessandra – Her right eyebrow is thicker than the left; her right eye is larger than the left and has a different shaped inner corner; her right eyelid is also a bit bigger than the left; she has a bump on the left side of her nose; her teeth are slightly misaligned and the line between her two front teeth is actually more to the right side of her face rather than in the centre; she has a dimple on the left side of her chin when she smiles.

Gisele – Her left eyebrow is a different shape to the right and slightly shorter; the inner corner of her right eye is a bit more elongated than the one of her left eye; her right eyelid has a very slight extra crease.

Petra – Her right eyebrow is thicker than the left; her right eye is wider (from left to right) than the left; due to the shape of her nose it looks like the tip is bending towards the left side of her face.

Although Petra and Gisele have the same number of asymmetrical features, I voted for Gisele as hers are less noticeable things that not many people would notice.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...