Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Is or will there be a topic on discussing/rating the best outfits, walks, standouts, wings, ect like there was last year because I haven't seen one yet?????

This is that topic.

No there was a thread last year called the Best of Victoria's Secret Show 2011 or something like that were everyone got to rate and talk about the outfits,wings, and what not. I know this thread we talk about the show but mostly the show as a whole if that makes sense. Nobody has really talked about the best and worst outfits or whatever this year. I just thought sense its always a separate thread were everyone got to talk about the outfits just like there is a separate thread for backstage, motion, ect. it would be like that this year as well. But I mean we can do it here if anyone wants to???

Liu Wen's outfit just confused me. What do butterflies and red and blue hearts have to do with the circus?! It that a cultural thing?

O.o Haven't you ever heard of the tattooed Circus ladies of the 1870-1930's?

post-384-0-1446069739-62041_thumb.jpg

Yes the tattoos with Liu's outfit were poorly done, but her outfit captures the theme of Circus and thus it's win (plus tattoo's on woman are yummy)

Liu Wen was the Circus' "Bearded Lady". They just fantasized it up a bit.

I never thanked you two for clearing that up for me, so thank you.Flower%20for%20you.gif Now if only can tell me what a maypole is.

Is or will there be a topic on discussing/rating the best outfits, walks, standouts, wings, ect like there was last year because I haven't seen one yet?????

This is that topic.

No there was a thread last year called the Best of Victoria's Secret Show 2011 or something like that were everyone got to rate and talk about the outfits,wings, and what not. I know this thread we talk about the show but mostly the show as a whole if that makes sense. Nobody has really talked about the best and worst outfits or whatever this year. I just thought sense its always a separate thread were everyone got to talk about the outfits just like there is a separate thread for backstage, motion, ect. it would be like that this year as well. But I mean we can do it here if anyone wants to???

That was a poll, not really a discussion.

I still think she looks great & has a way better presence on the runway than most of the younger girls. Does she need to stop the kissy-face & weird crap she's doing? Yes she does, i loved her Circus walk this year because of that.

But even with the kissy/goofy faces she's still better than the dead-looking girls we're getting now

I do think Adriana is getting older and it's about time she does depart from VS. I don't want her to stay there into her mid 30s. But as a fan, I know it's most likely the only way we'll be seeing much of her. And of course, leave it to the people that handle her twitter to post irrelevant and disconnected photos and quotes on her twitter. She looked so fresh, as she was. For me 2010 was the last year where I still felt she had a better present than most girls. I didn't like Dri in 2011 & 2012.

post-186-0-73264400-1355419604_thumb.jpg

Adriana posted this to her Facebook.

It's a shot that actually sums up why it's time she departed. She has lost all of the ingénue quality that made her so irresistible in the early VSFS.

That's your opinion of course.

Well of course such a comment would be entirely subjectively. I do believe VS has held onto some girls for a couple of years too long. Adriana is one of them. Heidi was another. Of course, it's not like the opinion of some random dude in Belgium matters either way. ;)

BTW, this has nothing to do with personal like or dislike of the girl. People who have been around this forum for a long-ass time will know that my original BZ moniker was actually "Limafan". :p

My comments aren't even aimed that much at VS in general. I just believe it's rare for a spokesmodel and a company to have such a long relationship without it becoming somewhat stale and boring.

I'm a big fan of Candice Swanepoel but I hope she moves on from VS sooner rather than later. I certainly don't hope that Candice is still doing the VS thing in 4-5 years from now.

There are always exceptions to every rule of course, but a VSFS tenure should be in the 5-8 years range, no longer. One of the ways to reinvigorate the show is give us more new faces.

I do agree that Dri needs to leave VS, not because i think she lost her spark or something but because 10+ years, i don't think there's something new from her we haven't seen, which is the same the same reason i think Miranda & Alessandra should leave too, out of all the 'old' girls the only one i still think can do more for VS is Doutzen. But then again, I'm not a fan of the new girls either so i guess i just prefer the older girls until they find good replacements :idk:

post-186-0-73264400-1355419604_thumb.jpg

Adriana posted this to her Facebook.

It's a shot that actually sums up why it's time she departed. She has lost all of the ingénue quality that made her so irresistible in the early VSFS.

That's your opinion of course.

Well of course such a comment would be entirely subjectively. I do believe VS has held onto some girls for a couple of years too long. Adriana is one of them. Heidi was another. Of course, it's not like the opinion of some random dude in Belgium matters either way. ;)

BTW, this has nothing to do with personal like or dislike of the girl. People who have been around this forum for a long-ass time will know that my original BZ moniker was actually "Limafan". :p

My comments aren't even aimed that much at VS in general. I just believe it's rare for a spokesmodel and a company to have such a long relationship without it becoming somewhat stale and boring.

I'm a big fan of Candice Swanepoel but I hope she moves on from VS sooner rather than later. I certainly don't hope that Candice is still doing the VS thing in 4-5 years from now.

There are always exceptions to every rule of course, but a VSFS tenure should be in the 5-8 years range, no longer. One of the ways to reinvigorate the show is give us more new faces.

With accordance to MissLimaVzla's commentary on dear Lima as well, I have to side with you both on Lima hanging her wings already. I know that no career time is set in stone and every model differs as to the time they are contracted with a company depending on the circumstances at each and every given year, but I don't see what else Lima has left to offer us that hasn't already graced the runway, TV, and pages in what...these past 10 years with VS? She's had her memorable moments, stunning outfits, and year after year of beauty displayed on many a catalogs. But one can only squeeze so much water out of a stone, without a doubt, new faces are DESPERATELY needed for the main angle click.

And with current VS trends in regards to Lima leaving...it's looking less subjective and more a majority agreement with each and every passing year. Love the women and her beauty but good lord...10 freaking years folks! I was in high school when Lima caught my attention in VS...I'm now 28, surely that time scale must say something :ninja: (Of course, all this is just conjecture and personal opinion)