Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

So the ratings are in. And it took a big dip from last year.

The 2011 VSFS had 11.5 million viewers.

The 2012 VSFS had 9.3 million viewers.

That's a 24% drop.

Tsk tsk tsk VS. Did you learn your lesson. Little Beiber did nothing for the show.

Those numbers are still good. Most shows on TV barely get ratings like that. It also had a 3.5 in the 18-49 demo. Which is really good.

But in general it is still a massive drop.

Thanks azkid! but unfortunately the connection I'm using has mediafire blocked :cry: :cry2: :persuazn:

where can you access it?

honestly I don't know, this connection is a total B..ch :cry2: don't worry I just wait till I get home, I just wanted to watch it now :woot:

The show was very so so for me I actually liked last years show and opening a little better. They were showing the performers waaay tooo much especially Rihanna. and the editing was messy and while I love Rihanna and Bruno Mars music it just didn't fit with the show especially the songs they song.

Adriana- She looked beautiful in the first segment but her opening was very lack luster probably one of her weakest openings to be honest and for the first time I don't blame VS for editing her she really needed for the Angels in Bloom segment with that walk but there was no need to edit her body.

Doutzen- She looked really good this year her body was on point and she did a great job. I was getting 2005 vibes from her. She rocked all her outfits even that horrible poodle outfit. I'll say it again SHE DESERVES MORE ATTENTION!!

Barbara P- She looked beautiful and her body was THE BEST for me not to mention she pulled off that slutty/tacky Santa outfit perfectly. I know people were saying her walk was lackluster and whatever but VS edited the mess out of her walk especially due to that Karlie drama not to mention those wings and outfit looked kind of uncomfortable. But this is her first VS show and she is young so she has plenty of time to grow.

Candice- She is beautiful and has an amazing body but she really has been rather boring to say the least theses last couple of years she was way better when she first started out doing the shows like in 2007, 2008, and 2009. I also hate How VS went well and beyond to promote her this year with giving her ANOTHER segment on her , the best outfits, a lot of screen time, and what not.

Behati- She did good this year she really has grown and its showing.

Erin- She seems to get better and better every year but she kind of looked out of it this year

Lily- Her walk has gotten a little better but she was once again boring and forgettable

Lindsay- She is pretty and sweet but SO FORGETTABLE

Miranada- She did pretty good this year i like how she doesn't overdue like some of the other she knows just how much to give on the runway and l is able to rock the most difficult looks

Alessandra- They really did give her the cold shoulder treatment this year. It seemed like she was bairly in the show and to have a ANOTHER segment on candice and Alessandra and her fantasy bra and not let her her open a segment or get three outfits was just a slap in the face. I'm not that big on Ale but girl deserves better.

Bregje- she looked beautiful and was nice but I like her much more last year

Toni- They gave one of the most beautiful girl the most tacky/ugly outfits not to mention VS and Rihanna trolled her in the Angels in Bloom segment. She was 1,000 more better last year

Shanina- she looked really sexy and her walk and presence rally seems to have grown and matured from last year

Joan-like her better last year, forgot her this year but she handled that tacky tiger outfit perfectly

Karlie- She was another that was much better last year, this year she still did pretty good and I will always love her walk but she she sort of faded out this year. I would have loved to see her Calendar Girls walk though

Elsa-She is beautiful and has a great body is time for her to graduate to the mainline all ready and stop wasting her on PINK.

Hilary-she did pretty good one of the best in the Calendar Girls segment

I have to admit, despite having a banging body...barbara P just didn't have the runway walk confidence... :( i think she feels sometimes insecure in her body because she isn't stick thin.

I don't know....I think the majority of her walk during both tapings were considerably deleted because of VS and their Karlie Kloss /Native American outfit drama/controversy...I hoped that with their extensive multi million dollar budget that they would digitally erase her....NOPE...no such luck cos that is not what happened...Barbara had a killer walk during the first taping...I saw the video clips and the photos...She was saucy and sassy, sexy and sweet ...She stuck out her tongue, she made a killer finger heart, blew air kisses and Bruno Mars and his team were all united in ogling her butt....over and over agin...he kept turning back and staring at her.....Amazing !!!

Then the second taping happened and her energy level kind of petered...I am not shocked...I saw the pics the girls posted on Instagram etc and the girls incl Barbara were only slurping one small bland bowl of tomato soup...that's all ....No wonder they were all drooping ...at least she looked absolutely amazing ...beyond flawless...she was trending worldwide no less last night...she even posted a photo of it to her Twitter account...the funniest thing is VS is running a little poll asking what was the best loved outfit from VSFS 2012 and Barbara Palvin's super tacky Christmas one is at third place right now and is neck to neck with Candice's Circus one.....Adriana , Candice and Barbara are in first, second and third place respectively ....This girl is MAJOR and VS better realize it right now ...She is a million billion zillion times better than all that Candice crap as far as I am concerned !!!! Mark my words she IS the next Adriana Lima !!!!

I'm in the minority who love the voice overs. They add something to the show. And without hearing the girls names it felt so flat without it. They only really did the voice over for the Angel line up, and a few other random bits like the Erin thing.

My first time posting on Bellazon, but I've been a VS Fashion Show fan for years. The best were '05 and '06, in my opinion, and Gisele is my all-time favorite VS model.

This year's show was alright but I think VS is just getting way too costume-y, and the whole thing is so over-hyped. Justin Bieber was the wrong performer for the show, and I'll just leave it at that.

As for the MODELS...Doutzen and Miranda were probably my favorites. I liked a few of the new girls too (sorry, don't know their names yet, except Barbara Palvin, who is stunning). Adriana and Alessandra I've always found to be just OK. They complemented Gisele, Karolina, Tyra, Heidi, etc. well back in the older shows (along with Izabel, Ana Beatriz, and Isabeli Fontana), but I don't think they're good enough to be the top, most recognizable Angels now. They were no prettier than the other Brazilian girls I just listed who also complemented the headliners, imo.

I actually do really like Candice...wish Rosie had been there this year...but who are all these other bland blondes? There are about 4 girls (some of whom are now angels) who are just so blah and similar-looking to me. They're cute but not pretty enough to be featured as much as they are.

The two Angels whose appeal I absolutely do not get are Lily Aldridge and Behati Prinsloo. I don't understand why they're even in the VS show, let alone Angels.

Oh, and there were some very awkward looking and too-thin girls doing Pink this year...great girls for high fashion, I'm sure, but I don't understand why VS booked them. I miss Miranda doing Pink, although I suppose she's too old for that now.

Love: Candice, Doutzen, Karlie, Miranda, Barbara Palvin

Strongly Dislike: Behati, Lily, the awkward looking girls doing Pink

So the ratings are in. And it took a big dip from last year.

The 2011 VSFS had 11.5 million viewers.

The 2012 VSFS had 9.3 million viewers.

That's a 24% drop.

Tsk tsk tsk VS. Did you learn your lesson. Little Beiber did nothing for the show.

Those numbers are still good. Most shows on TV barely get ratings like that. It also had a 3.5 in the 18-49 demo. Which is really good.

But in general it is still a massive drop.

Yy5sF.gif

I thought last year felt like a great balance. The perfomers didn't overtake the models. But this year it was just completely about the performers. It was too much. I hope they realise and go back to having maybe 2 segments with performers. People watch it for the models. I've always said this also. I never understand why they try and make it something it's not. I don't care if the outfits are more couture, i'm happy as long as we get to see the models walking the show. This year felt like I barely saw anyone cause the editing was just so quick.

I warned many of you to NOT get your hopes up, or hoping for another 2005. Being forewarned, I'm surprised how many of you were disappointed. Expect the worst and hope for the best. I watched it two times already and I might watched my 4.99GB download when I finished typing this up, or go downstairs and watch it on TV again, since I DVRed it.

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the show:

Circus: I didn't really dig the music that much, but I focused on the girls so I didn't really notice when I saw it the 1st time. I don't know about Adriana or Alessandra. I have no compliants about their outfits or anything, it just seems the don't have the "WOW' factor anymore. Maybe it's overexposure. Unlike some of the people here, I like Candice, and her outfit here as well. Always had a thing for Doutzen's figure. Erin looked good as well. I was EXTREMELY HAPPY to see Izabel back on the show, and her outfit was great. :drool: Sometimes this segment really teetered on the line. Both Toni Garrn and Barbara Fialho's outfits could have been featured in the Pink Section. Liu Wen's outfit just confused me. What do butterflies and red and blue hearts have to do with the circus?! It that a cultural thing? Miranda looked great as well. Always liked Joan Smalls, but her outfit was just . . .meh. And Karlie, is it even worth discussing? Replace her, and SOON!!!

I really dinn't mind hearing the girls talking about the commmercials they shoot. It's such a part of the band, and they always see them on TV on the time, especially when the fashion show is aired, so it makes sense that they would discuss the locales and other things that go into the process of shooting those commercials. Plus, they have done that on previous fashion shows, and we never complained about it then.

Dangerous Liasons: I always liked Rihanna, and the song it really well with the segent. Hell, Rihanna, with her body, she could put some of these girls to shame. I thought all the outfits looked good. So I'm only gonna discuss the girls I haven't already mentioned. I love Behati. Not only does she have a nice body, she also has one of the most beautiful and innocent smiles I ever seen. Lily seems to have a great body, She looks to have more meat on her bones than the others, but they are in the right places. Plus, Victoria's Secret is supposed to be about curves, right? Always liked the Jablonski's, and I love this one's accent. You can hear her talks introducing herself in a previous year, with all the other new girls that year. Shanina Shaik looked great.smily%20new%20one.gif I didn't notice her last year but maybe that's because they only showed her once and late in the show. I also didn't like how the cut back to Rihanna while she was walking. That aside, I especially love her complexion. They put the wings on her, so let's make A ANGEL ALREADY!!! :yes: ;) Magdelena is okay, but I don't like the gap between her two front teeth. Isabeli, always beautiful. And maybe, I'm being too harsh here, but I don't like Bregje. The girl has enough of a nice body and face,, but I can't just get over the nose. I did like Sui He. They might have added her so Liu Wen doesn't seem ike the token Asian girl, but I think they did well. Girl has a good smile. Hmm, Doutzen walks in back to back segments.

Designers discuss what influences their decisions in choosing themes, and really focus on the next segment, which is Calendar Girls, explaining certain months and what they represent. I gonna get back to that later, but for now let's move on and discuss the segment

Calendar Girls: Probably my favorite part of the show. Bruno Mars and his crew are real showmen, and the song was filled with positive energy. I had a feeling they were gonna show a mishap, and this year Erin was the victim. They couldn't get the hat on and she's crying "Please help me!!!" Since they run out of time, they send her out, but she looks back a few time, and the guy snaps at her, twice. He didn't have to do that. It make sense that she was a little confused. It not like anybody else ever went out there without a piece of their outfit. However, she did her thing and handled it well. Hillary was the first rookie of the night, and with contrast of her dark hair, bold features and light eyes, I hope to see more of her in the future. Cameron Russell was just a average girl in my eyes. Frida was really pretty. My only problem there is that I didn't get her theme. It didn't seem to have a Cinco De Mayo vibe, or Memorial day, but with Lily's theme, they probably couldn't do the latter. Lindsay looked great, and probably had the second best outfit of the night(Candice had the No.#1). Say what you wanna say about Lily, but I think she rocked it, and you had to pick an American girl for that theme. I have no idea why Mars and his crew ganged up on her. Maybe it was to get a reaction out of her, but to no avail. I mean, does this chick show any emotion?! No need to be stone-faced. It's a fashion show, nevertheless VSFS. Have some FUN!!! See, look at Izabel. Behati had some fun, too. They cut out Karlie Kross, because the Native Americans were offended. I have some Native American in me, and the line is blurry on what is acceptable and what is not. However, I do find it hypocrital when they have no problem having Johnny Depp play Tonto in "The Lone Ranger" movie coming out next year. The Comanche even made him an honary member, yet they are offended by this?! Go figure. :whistle: :/ Barbara Pavlin was ok, but her suit looked too tight, and the heart thing she did with her hand was "meh".

Ok, so the models are all talking about Justin Bieber and havving "Bieber Fever", taking pictures with him and all of that. Then he performs one of his 2 songs with some guys playing guitar on stage. Then is goes to models, which are most VSFS rookies, taking silly pictures and wearing just basic stuff.

Pink Us: Justin Beiber singing "Body Rock", with a pinball theme. Just about every girl in this segment was a rookie, save for Jacquelin Joblonski. I didn't really get Jessica Hart and that bike thing. Plus, she has that huge gap between her two front teeth. Ivea Laguna didn't impress me either. Wasn't impressed with Elsa Hosk outfit, but they mostly focused on her ass when she was on the runway, and she has A LOT OF IT!!!smily%20new%20one.gif:yes: :drool: :thumbsup: So maybe we will see her next year and beyond. Best rookie body. The three after Elsa didn't do anything for me. However, Sharim Diniz is another rookie I hope to see more of in the future. Too bad she doesn't have Angel status, as I'm not sure how well she speaks English. As I previously stated, I love the Jablonski's, and Jacquelyn is my favorite. She had on the best oufit in the segment. Maud Weltzen is way too skinny. Did anybody see HER LEGS?! :yuckky: :x Jordan Dunn closed the segment, did the Robot, and then it was done. THANK GOD!!!

The Angels taking about their experiences with dating, the type of guys that they like, their first kiss; etc. I guess it's cool, if you like to know those types of things. Didn't really interest me, though.

Siver Screen Angels: Bruno Mars singing "Wild Girls" No complaints here. Song fit the theme, and each and every girl who walked in this segment looked GREAT!!! If I would have to pick my favorites from this segment, it would be Lily Ellington, Hillary Rhoda, and Joan Smalls. I guess the only thing that you could complain about would be the use of the slo-mo. They used it seven times in that segment. Talk about overkill.

A whole segment dedicated to Candice Swanepoel. There has been segments dedicated to models before, like Tyra and Heidi, but it was a special occasion. Tyra was retiring, so it was her final year. Plus, she was a VS orginal angel, and broke down a lot of barriers for black models. She was the first black model to appear of the cover of GQ and the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, as the first black model to be chosen for the cover of Victoria's Secret catalog. When the did it on Heidi, they were highlighting her 10 years with Victoria's Secret. Plus, she hosted the show many times. For Candice, they seem to launch her as the new face of the brand, their "It" girl and/or spokewoman, so to speak. They showed how popular she was in the fashion world, like she was breaking new ground. I don't see a problem with it. Your two oldest and most famous angels will move on soon, why not promote a famous up and comer?

Angels In Bloom: The final segment, with music performance with Rihanna. Best moment of the night. All the girls looked good, even Karlie. And they included one new girl in the segment, a black girl named Jasmine Tookes. She was very pretty and kinda exotic. Hopefully we will see more of her in the future. The hottest girl in the last segment though, was RIHANNA!!! :yes: :drool: Was her strut not Tyra-esque or what? The way she walking down that runway toward the end of her performance, I was thinking instead of performing at the show, maybe she should have been IN THE SHOW!!!smily%20new%20one.gif

So, in closing, i thought the show was pretty good, much better than in years past. My favorite segment was Angels in Bloom and Calendar Girls. My least favorite segment was Pink US. My favorite girls were Shanina Shaik, Lindsay Ellington, and yes people, Candice. Least favorite girls were Barbara Fialho and Bregje Heinen. Not a favorite of Karlie either. And I almost forgot to mention, Doutzen was a welcome comeback, as well as Isabeli Fontana. Candic, as the new face of VS, got the best outfits, and my favorite one was the one she wore for Calendar Girls. Miranda had the best one for Dangerous Liaisions. Hillary and Lindsay also looked good in Calendar Girls. As far as bad, I wasn't to crazy about Liu Wen and Joan Small's outfits in Circus. Bregje looked terrible in Dangerous Liaisons. With Frida in Calendar Girls, I didn't get the theme. In Pink Us , I don't where to start. Maybe it would be best out of that group, and it would be the outfits by Sharam Diniz and Jacquelyn Jablonski. Nobody really looked bad in in Silver Screen Angels. Best Dressed there would be Lily Donaldson, Joan, and Lindsay Ellington. Angels in Bloom didn't have any really bad ones either. I liked Lily Aldridge and Jasmine in that segment. If you would choose a worst one there, is would be Toni Garrn.

Liu Wen's outfit just confused me. What do butterflies and red and blue hearts have to do with the circus?! It that a cultural thing?

O.o Haven't you ever heard of the tattooed Circus ladies of the 1870-1930's?

Yes the tattoos with Liu's outfit were poorly done, but her outfit captures the theme of Circus and thus it's win (plus tattoo's on woman are yummy)

eKPRc.jpg