Bellazon

The Official Academy Awards Thread

AnaBB Cover

The nominees for best picture are "The Departed," "Babel," "Letters From Iwo Jima," "Little Miss Sunshine" and "The Queen."

The nominees for best actor are Forest Whitaker ("The Last King of Scotland"), Leonardo DiCaprio ("Blood Diamond"), Ryan Gosling ("Half Nelson"), Peter O'Toole ("Venus") and Will Smith ("The Pursuit of Happyness").

The nominees for best actress are Helen Mirren ("The Queen"), Judi Dench ("Notes on a Scandal"), Penelope Cruz ("Volver"), Meryl Streep ("The Devil Wears Prada") and Kate Winslet ("Little Children").

The nominees for best supporting actor are Eddie Murphy ("Dreamgirls"), Alan Arkin ("Little Miss Sunshine"), Jackie Earle Haley ("Little Children"), Djimon Hounsou ("Blood Diamond") and Mark Wahlberg ("The Departed").

The nominees for best supporting actress are Jennifer Hudson ("Dreamgirls"), Adriana Barraza ("Babel"), Cate Blanchett ("Notes on a Scandal"), Abigail Breslin ("Little Miss Sunshine") and Rinko Kikuchi ("Babel").

The nominees for best director are Martin Scorsese ("The Departed"), Clint Eastwood ("Letters From Iwo Jima"), Stephen Frears ("The Queen"), Paul Greengrass ("United 93") and Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu ("Babel").

ABC will broadcast the Oscars live February 25 from Hollywood's Kodak Theatre. Ellen DeGeneres is hosting the show.

YAY for PENELOPE.

My predictions:

best picture ~ If not "The Departed," then "Babel"

best actor ~ If not, Leonardo DiCaprio ("Blood Diamond"), then Forest Whitaker ("The Last King of Scotland")

best actress ~ Helen Mirren ("The Queen")

best supporting actor ~ Djimon Hounsou ("Blood Diamond")

best supporting actress ~ Rinko Kikuchi ("Babel") or Abigail Breslin ("Little Miss Sunshine")

best director ~ Martin Scorsese ("The Departed") or Stephen Frears ("The Queen")

• 2 weeks later...

My predictions...

Best picture: "Babel"

Best actor: Leonardo DiCaprio ("Blood Diamond"); although Whitaker's much more likely to get it

Best actress: Helen Mirren ("The Queen")

Best supporting actor: Eddie Murphy ("Dreamgirls")

Best supporting actress: Cate Blanchett ("Notes on a Scandal")

Best director: Martin Scorsese ("The Departed"); or Clint

Best Picture: Babel

Best Actor: Forest Whitaker ''The Last King of Scotland''

Best Actress: Helen Mirren ''The Queen''

Best Supporting Actor: Eddie Murphy ''Dreamgirls''

Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett ''Notes on a Scandal'' or Abigail Breslin ''Little Miss Sunshine''

Best Director: Martin Scorsese ''The Departed'' or Clint Eastwood ''Letters from Iwo Jima''

Best Picture: Babel

Best Actor: Forest Whitaker (Last King Of Scotland)

Best Actress: Penelope Cruz (Volver), or Helen Mirren (The Queen)

Best Supporting Actor: Djimon Hounsou (Blood Diamond) (whoever you spell it)

Best Supporting Actress: Ivanna Baquero (Babel) or Jennifer Hudson (Dreamgirls)

Best Director Martin Scorcesse (The Departed); or Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu (Babel)

Best Foreign Picture: Pan's Labryinth(AMAZING MOVIE!!!)

*Put in color not only the ones I think who will win, but the one's I want to!! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I was so happy that "Letters From Iwo Jima" took the only one prize and I couldn't understand at all that why the great director Clint Eastwood made it like total crap! :x Maybe East Asian history is entirely outside his field? <_< Actually, I watched both of them "Letters From Iwo Jima" and "Flags Of Our Fathers" purposely because I really wanted to feel his heart and thoughts for Japan though I was so disagreeable when I watched them :yuckky: Japaneses became victims in a flash because of the atomic bomb nevertheless they were still cruel war criminals. He hid away the truth that a lot of Korean and Chinese men were conscripted for Japanese Army and moreover women were hunted for the working off their sexual appetite by force from the touching story of the Japanese young men. What is different from "So Far From The Bamboo Grove"? I can't find anything different. They should apologize publicly as war criminals to the countries which have been victimized before they say "We're victim of the bomb". What a crappy screenplay! :/