Bellazon

Anna Karenina (2012)

cherrybomb

Starring: Keira Knightley, Jude Law, Kelly Macdonald, Matthew Macfadyen, Michelle Dockery, Aaron Johnson, Emily Watson, Olivia Williams, Ruth Wilson

Directed by: Joe Wright

Release Date: November 9, 2012

The story unfolds in its original late-19th-century Russia high-society setting and powerfully explores the capacity for love that surges through the human heart, from the passion between adulterers to the bond between a mother and her children. As Anna (Knightley) questions her happiness, change comes to her family, friends, and community.

post-54896-0-1446137237-1348_thumb.png

On 9/28/2012 at 4:21 AM, cherrybomb said:

How sweet!!!!! Ah yes I saw it's already been released (at least in Ireland) so I figure England as well. How did you enjoy it?

It’s a very stylised interpretation, which probably won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoyed it a lot. Some of the book's themes of politics and social affairs felt as if they were glossed over somewhat (presumably because of time constraints), while it did well by the story's core issues. Standout for me was Jude Law, I don't really consider myself a fan, but I thought he gave a terrific performance. Had a hard time buying Kick-Ass as a Russian cavalry officer, though. He seemed rather wet and his moustache was absolutely ludicrous. :laugh:

• 5 weeks later...