Bellazon

Les Misérables

Mickiala

An adaptation of the successful stage musical based on Victor Hugo's classic novel set in 19th-century France, in which a paroled prisoner named Jean Valjean seeks redemption.

Starring:

Hugh Jackman ... Jean Valjean

Anne Hathaway ... Fantine

Russell Crowe ... Javert

Amanda Seyfried ... Cosette

Eddie Redmayne ... Marius

Sacha Baron Cohen ... Thénardier

Helena Bonham Carter ... Madame Thénardier

Samantha Barks ... Éponine

Release Dates:

Canada 14 December 2012

USA 14 December 2012

Greece 20 December 2012

Hong Kong 20 December 2012

Norway 21 December 2012

Japan 22 December 2012 (limited)

Australia 26 December 2012

Hungary 27 December 2012

Singapore 27 December 2012

Japan 28 December 2012

Spain 28 December 2012

Netherlands 10 January 2013

New Zealand 10 January 2013

Ireland 11 January 2013

UK 11 January 2013

Sweden 18 January 2013

Italy 31 January 2013

Russia 7 February 2013

Belgium 20 February 2013

France 20 February 2013

Germany 21 February 2013

Cyprus 22 February 2013

Turkey 1 March 2013

Argentina 14 March 2013

Denmark 21 March 2013

Brazil 29 March 2013

• 2 weeks later...

Universal Moving 'Les Miserables' to December 25 Could Have Oscar Impact

Universal Pictures would have loved to put "Les Miserables," Tom Hooper's follow-up to the Oscar-winning "The King's Speech," onto the fall festival circuit to build support and buzz. But the Working Title/Cameron Mackintosh epic period film adaptation of the global hit musical wasn't anywhere near ready. Thus it is not a huge surprise that the studio is pushing back the movie, which stars Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway, from December 14 to the last possible day that it could still recoup some major holiday business: December 25. It will open after "Zero Dark Thirty" and "The Impossible," opposite Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained." This late a break could have an impact on the awards race if the movie isn't ready to screen by late November for critics groups such as the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which nominates Golden Globes contenders, and the New York and La Film Critics. »

cry.gif Noooo

After some silence on the Les Mis front, there’s finally a new video for eager fans to fawn over. A new extended look at the film features four and a half minutes of behind-the-scenes footage — including singing from the principal cast such as Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, Samantha Barks, Anne Hathaway, and Hugh Jackman himself (singing a clip of “Valjean’s Soliloquy”). There are also interviews with the aforementioned actors, along with Russell Crowe, in which they talk about working on the movie and the process of singing live on set. It’s a great, informative featurette that’s whetting the appetites of film fans across the web.

I just saw the theatre production. Really good. Want to watch the 10th anniversary version, as thats suppose to be the best. Going to read the book (over 1000 pages bloody hell).

I just wished they used less known actors. When a person is too famous, it can distract from the story/character.

I just saw the theatre production. Really good. Want to watch the 10th anniversary version, as thats suppose to be the best. Going to read the book (over 1000 pages bloody hell).

I just wished they used less known actors. When a person is too famous, it can distract from the story/character.

Lucky you saw the show I'm jealous, I have listened to the 25th anniversary,still need to the 10th anniversary

The book is very very long ( I skipped some parts) ;)

Musicals tend not to be big office draws, I highly doubt they will ever make one without big names. Hope Samantha Barks does well isn't she from the west end theatre?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:)

US VOGUE DECEMBER 2012

Dreaming A Dream

Celebs: Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, Hugh Jackman, Helena Bonham Carter, Sacha Baron Cohen, Anne Hathaway, Russell Crowe & Isabelle Allen

Photographer: Annie Leibovitz

Stylist: Tonne Goodman

tumblr_mdd66n_Orn01rrse0wo1_1280.jpg tumblr_mdd66n_Orn01rrse0wo2_1280.jpg tumblr_mdd66n_Orn01rrse0wo3_1280.jpg tumblr_mdd66n_Orn01rrse0wo6_r1_1280.jpg tumblr_mdd66n_Orn01rrse0wo7_r1_1280.jpg tumblr_mdd66n_Orn01rrse0wo9_r1_1280.jpg tumblr_mdd66n_Orn01rrse0wo10_r1_250.jpg

• 3 weeks later...