Bellazon

Vintage Model IDs

modelknowledge

Just now, BLtheKid said:

That blows my mind that you have that exact issue! I've been looking for a particular photo from September 2018 to February 2020 and picked up the search again in June 2021, so about 21 months overall. Between 1700-1800 magazines looked at in one way or another. Was looking between 1988-2001 before realizing in early 2020 that the photo was very likely in the January-July 1999 period. About a month ago, I finally realized that James King was the model and that she also covered the magazine my photo was in. That's the short version of the story...

Here's the description librarians around the world have been working with (recently updated):

The model (now known to be James King) has dirty to light blond hair. I believe she was sitting on a beach or sand dune, with her feet a little lower than the rest of her body and her arms maybe resting in her lap, on her knees or between her legs. She was wearing I guess what would be called a white peasant blouse/dress (I think it laced-up in the upper part). Bare shoulders - I think. With either sandals or bare feet.

But, the most distinctive part - she is wearing maybe 15 or 20 white and silver bangles on each arm. The easiest way to find the photo is to look for a lot of bracelets or bangles (that will eliminate almost all photos from consideration immediately and you will come across only a few that will have any chance of being the photo I'm looking for). She is by herself in the photo and I believe is facing at least slightly to the reader's right as you look at the photo.

I believe the photo I'm looking for was between pages 120-130 or possibly 220-230.

I think there was some kind of vacation or bohemian theme in this editorial.

IS THIS WHERE THE SEARCH COMES TO AN END?

sorry its not in there the issue is mostly unknown models in studio shoots. in 1998-1999 elle used to create covers without an editorial for the cover inside and reprint them internationally. i collect a lot of japanese magazines from late 90s this is the only edit i'm aware of that james appeared on its from HF high fashion august 1998:

tumblr_mw4o9iieIg1s487d6o1_1280.jpg

3 hours ago, missparker7 said:

I´m having problems with Bellazon, too. It was down for several days. IF I can view it, pages are loading very slow. Yesterday I could post images, but needed to refresh the page to get them saved, today I can´t post new images. IT REALLY SUCKS!!! :sick:

Yeah, I had that too for a another whole day. Maybe they had server upkeep or something. Let's hope it's done!