Bellazon

Vintage Model IDs

modelknowledge

16 hours ago, BlueAcadia said:

Random models to ID please!
1495214735_Clippings002(4).thumb.jpg.d2605eefcd59d52970e5bc04a1bb750f.jpg   

It´s funny this showed up now as I saved this just short ago when I saw it on ebay. It´s from GLAMOUR U.S. January 1987. And here´s the full editorial. I thought she´s Renée, but since they showed 2 photos of the same model and on the other pages 3 photos of one model I think it´s not possible being Renée. And this first model I think you know who she is.:)

GlamourUS0187Hair.jpg GlamourUS0187Hair2.jpg

20 hours ago, BlueAcadia said:

Okay, here are some of my observations on these two awesome Japanese models: Jun Kano and Maki Shibuya. I keep confusing them because they have the same noses. LOL. They modeled at the same time and were both favorites of photographer Tyen in Elle US which really added to my confusion.

Jun Kano:                                                        Maki Shibuya:
Jun.thumb.JPG.72b52ebd5d067021e60e9e1e9663cdc8.JPG Maki.thumb.JPG.692ee36b18729cc3c8105769578685e7.JPG

If you look back and forth between the two, the differences show themselves. Maki has larger eyelids and larger lips. Also Jun has a mole on her top lip that Maki doesn't have. Jun's mouth is small compared to her nose and Maki's mouth is big compared to her nose. Oh also look at the ears! Jun's earlobes are away from her neck and Maki's earlobes are tiny and attached to the neck. Also Maki wore her hair longer than Jun, but that isn't something to pay much attention to. What do you guys see?

You said it all. To me the biggest difference are the eyes and of course the mole. The ears are also a good mark, but it depends on the pose of the model what you have in the end to compare. When hair is over the ears it´s no help. These 2 photos are perfect to show the differences and to compare, because they´re almost identic, but Jun is not looking into the camera. Well done.:)

1 hour ago, missparker7 said:

It´s funny this showed up now as I saved this just short ago when I saw it on ebay. It´s from GLAMOUR U.S. January 1987. And here´s the full editorial. I thought she´s Renée, but since they showed 2 photos of the same model and on the other pages 3 photos of one model I think it´s not possible being Renée. And this first model I think you know who she is.:)

GlamourUS0187Hair.jpg GlamourUS0187Hair2.jpg

It's Tove, right?

@missparker7, there's this Saks Fifth Avenue from 1987 (I believe) that you've posted on here probably like 13 years ago (how time flies :D) which features the same model I think. Could you find the scans and post something so that we can compare?