Bellazon

It's Not Just Akin

AnaBBarrosFan

Such a disgrace. That is one thing I will never understand, how a woman can vote for a party that is clearly against them.

I feel exactly the same way. I will NEVER understand how women or minorities can be Republicans. Rich white Christian males are the only ones I understand... and they are usually asssholes.

Today a Dutch politician said almost the same thing, and I quote:

'We should have compassion for pregnant woman after rape, but ofcourse shouldn't allow abortion, because if they really didn't want to get pregnant, their bodies would have found a way to prevent it."

WTF dude?

'We should have compassion for pregnant woman after rape, but ofcourse shouldn't allow abortion, because if they really didn't want to get pregnant, their bodies would have found a way to prevent it."

WTF dude?

I simply cannot wait till that generation assholes dies off. How can people not have a basic understanding of biology? Why is everything always a woman's fault?! HOW CAN YOU SAY A RAPE BABY IS OUR FAULT TOO?!!!!! ARGH!

Rape culture is such a disgusting thing its even delved its way into fucking biology. That concept was first incepted in the DARK AGES, how can people still beleive this shit?

WTF dude?

i. want. to. die.

Such a disgrace. That is one thing I will never understand, how a woman can vote for a party that is clearly against them.

I feel exactly the same way. I will NEVER understand how women or minorities can be Republicans. Rich white Christian males are the only ones I understand... and they are usually asssholes.

Is it possible that rich Christian women are double assholes? Frustrated chicks that's what they are.

Women are sometimes worse than men when it comes to women rights. Especially in Usa (sorry gurl). All over the world women are fighting just to wear the clothes they want to wear or just have freedom of speech. Right now in Tunisia they want to vote a new law that says a woman is not the equal :mellow: of the man but only a complement (like a furniture or a car) of a man :mellow:

Now if these Republican ladies could pull their head out of their ass to see they are lucky to have the life they have and help women in their own country instate of oppress them or try to take the right they have in the name of Jesus?!?

And in the name of their bank account because "Hell! My taxes are not going to be used to pay the abortion of this black or Latino 17 years old girl in the ghetto! Lord no! I already have to pay for my Mexican maid"!

I'll try to answer:

People vote for Republicans because they are concerned about their personal taxes. The Republicans are simply less likely to worsen the tax situation than Democrats. They rarely improve the tax situation and may be unfavorable to other parties, but people who vote for republicans don't care. The chief concern of running a private business, preserving a nest egg, or trading is taxes and regulation- every other political issue is of minimal or nonexistent concern. A chief fear is seeing the tax situation becoming like it is in Germany or the Nordic countries- where public expenditures are over half of GDP and taxes are higher than here, in the US. If I recall, public expenditures are around 39% in the USA as of right now.

Then there is the veritable army of Christians and Republican aligned interests spanning dozens of different industries (Energy, Military, construction, etc.), who go to church on every Sunday and overwhelmingly vote Republican.

For the most part, 'tax' Republicans tend to affluent, as in 'I can afford some nice real estate' but not truly 'rich'. They are people who exist in the world where 500k is a lot of money. People who exist in the world where 5 million is a worthwhile sum aren't conservative. Truly wealthy and powerful people in this country are overwhelmingly Democrats. There have been national data-gathering expeditions regarding the high tech, financial, governmental executives, academia, and corporate C-suite and they are overwhelmingly sided with the Democrats.

CultIcon I agree with everything you said! A majority of the people that are against the rich(democrats) are actually the rich. I quite don't understand that.

Also my little opinion, I hate to live in a country where being successful is just not fair to everybody else, and therefore we should make them look like the bad guys

Also hope we can keep this talk clean, I know sadly politics can get quite ugly!

WTF dude?

WTF? :blink:

In fact the thread is not really about the taxes but more about the women rights situation in the US. The taxes i"v talked about was more a cliché/satirical thing than anything else. Most of politicians from both side have no idea what it is to struggle with money problems in life because they have money. Hypocrite both side on that taxes subject.

In fact the thread is not really about the taxes but more about the women rights situation in the US. The taxes i"v talked about was more a cliché/satirical thing than anything else. Most of politicians from both side have no idea what it is to struggle with money problems in life because they have money. Hypocrite both side on that taxes subject.

Kiki, I was commenting on post 2 and 3. I just didn't quote it.,, :dance: Women vote for Republicans, too...either because they're Christians or they don't think that that social issue rhetoric, gender, or diversity policies are very important. Since these policies often cost public money and increase the regulatory burden for businesses, they relegate its importance to the status of noise. I was emphasizing the 'pocketbook' aspect of the whole thing. Republican tax oriented people, regardless of gender, don't want to see their taxes raised- period so they write the social stuff and gender/diversity issues as 'bullxhit', 'manufactured drama', and 'fake'. That's what I've seen.

CultIcon I agree with everything you said! A majority of the people that are against the rich(democrats) are actually the rich. I quite don't understand that.

The truly wealthy earn the bulk of their money not through wages, but through financial assets and other vehicles of ownership. Via capital gains, exercised stock options, dividend/interest payments. etc. It's a different money world. Changes in marginal tax rates don't effect them very much. At this level tax lawyers/accountants and private wealth managers play a much larger role, so the 'tax code' is more easily managed. So they often pay relatively less than everybody else.

Second, the groups of people I mentioned are from cultures that overwhelmingly emphasize progressive backgrounds- ivy league education, universities, corporate america, banking & asset management, high tech, government agencies, etc. Republicans, Christianity, and conservative ideology is outside of this mainstream. People that are high up the food chain tend to be much more secular, and more strategic/ big-picture oriented.

I am just glad to see that here in Holland the Christian political parties almost die out.

After that dumb abortion quote (Holland is pretty pro-abortion) right before elections I doubt they'll get enough votes to even be in our parliament :blah:

Cult Icon:

I know why people vote Republican. I'm not politically illiterate. My comment about ‘not understanding’ has more to do with the fact that while you may agree with fiscal republicanism and ‘small government’ thinking, when a party continuously spouts ignorance and lack a basic level of human decency I cease to see the good in voting for them. I view it as basic lack of empathy and stupidity to vote for modern day republicans. This is coming from someone who used to be one.

^

Hi Ana,

Yes, ironically a lack of empathy for the poors and the disadvantaged.

I kind of explained why they have the market share that they do...? :dance: They just don't care much about the things that you care about. That makes sense, no?

For the record, I am not an American libertarian, democrat, or a republican. :)

Yet, Cult, AnaBB has some feelings about this very strong feelings about this however, if we go back to the original statement that has been made you're neither defending nor bashing the person (to a lesser/greater extent) a party that supports and will let someone speak about such things. All political stuff aside, what that man said was disgusting and his previous statements about homosexuals are just as repulsive. While I'm heterosexual my office at work has quite a few homosexual males and females, if they love someone of the same sex why should they not be married? I see no problem with it other then stubborn people like Akin who can not get over that.

Past that, back to the original topic what/how is a womans body supposed to know it's been raped? And why does a man or a country or anybody get to decide/have input on how she handles that baby? If she decides to keep it according to Mr. Akin after a legitimate rape her body should do it for her and leave her no decision? While we're talking about illogical things, later today I shall get in my car and blindfold myself because "my body should know how to get to work without my eyes seeing the road" This isn't directed at you Cult per say but just as a general statement of how silly it sounds when one does not think before they open their mouth, or if they did realizing that you're a politician in the united states that also is in the same Party as one Richard Nixon and his huge scandal, George W. Bush and possibly "rigging" an election so I've heard rumors and if you look at major political scandals in the US I've noticed a more lets say... shocking number of republican scandals as opposed to Democrat. (Being Canadian hurts me here as there's probably some form of holes in this argument since our political system is a mess and I sometimes fail to grasp the United States of 'Merica and how shit gets done there)

I guess what I'm trying to say while tradition is a great thing and helps to build the values to which we once believed in and now are changing as the world goes round day by day, a man of this political stature making a blanket statement like he did, other statements about homosexuality and then later apologizing for his rape statement, but not saying what he was apologizing for really is beyond incomprehensible. And yes, being Canadian I may not fully understand how the republican vs. democrat lifestyles are but I sure as hell know to keep my mouth shut before I say something stupid.

Yet, Cult, AnaBB has some feelings about this very strong feelings about this however, if we go back to the original statement that has been made you're neither defending nor bashing the person (to a lesser/greater extent) a party that supports and will let someone speak about such things. .

Nevermind I'm not going to bother saying anything else I made my point, and anything else that I say wont' be absorbed. For the record I'm not Christian I do not believe in religion, nor am I conservative, or liberal, republican or anything so I hope that was not directed to me.