Bellazon

The Age old Battle: Men vs. Women

ILUVAdrianaLima

I hate the feminist movement nowadays. It used to stand for something, now woman's lib is nothing more then a bunch of girls/women who want to repress men as much as they were quote on quote repressed. Fair wages is a crock of shit, if they don't get as much as the men the boss is being sexist, if they get more then the guys then it's okay. Feminism used to be about equality, now it's nothing more then a joke and the women who buy into it are just as bad as the misogynistic men who they claim to hate.

The principal behind feminism is great, but it's been taken to such a degree it's lost what it was meant to be.

I'd have taken it as sarcasm, however based on the way you've been acting lately it seemed to fit the bill. Realize that "tbh" doesn't translate into sarcasm and you'll be golden, however I will stand by I really don't think it was. You've always been a bit overblown on the feminism department and you've never been a fan of more conservative woman. There's nothing wrong with that but own up to who and what you are and you'll be a much happier person.

I'd have taken it as sarcasm, however based on the way you've been acting lately it seemed to fit the bill. Realize that "tbh" doesn't translate into sarcasm and you'll be golden, however I will stand by I really don't think it was. You've always been a bit overblown on the feminism department and you've never been a fan of more conservative woman. There's nothing wrong with that but own up to who and what you are and you'll be a much happier person.

I hate the feminist movement nowadays. It used to stand for something, now woman's lib is nothing more then a bunch of girls/women who want to repress men as much as they were quote on quote repressed. Fair wages is a crock of shit, if they don't get as much as the men the boss is being sexist, if they get more then the guys then it's okay. Feminism used to be about equality, now it's nothing more then a joke and the women who buy into it are just as bad as the misogynistic men who they claim to hate.

The principal behind feminism is great, but it's been taken to such a degree it's lost what it was meant to be.

Ana, really the "modern" feminism has gone far too away from what it used to be. Women use it as an excuse for their own incapability of getting better job or better payment or better life in general.

In my opinion... if a woman is degradating herself, then she can only expect the same from people around.

What I see is this - if a man writes bullshit about women, it´s sexism and degradating. But I´ve seen hell lot of bullshit written about men by women, but that is ok. The same goes with advertising - how many times have we seen an ad where woman enslaved men - and no one says shit about that. But hell do not dare to turn it the other way round - it will instantly create a huge fuzz about degradating women.

I´m all for equality - but it must be equal in both ways, not just one. It must be done with respect to both genders, not just one and not only in cases where women feel appropriate it to be like they want to. That is not equality, rather using the situation. You can never have everything - there´s a payment to be done for all you get. Nothing in life is for free.

Besides hate. Hate is free for everyone lol.

All I'm saying is that I consider myself a feminist but that doesn't mean I go around burning my bras and saying men are the devil. Like I said before, a shit ton of feminist are crazy and do give themselves up to misandry (the hatred of men), but to rag on the entire movement when (you can choose to believe it or not, whatever) it still isn't 100% equal is really sad.

I could keep going on, and mentioning all your points, but I won't. Because I don't see eye to eye with a bunch of members, and I refuse to have this turn into 'let's bait Elizabeth so we can ban her already' because I'm not here for that shit. I've been here too long to have the team and other members decide that they can't stand me now after 5 years.

Thanks for the input guys, but I feel like talking about REAL issues, like whether Karlie Kloss looks good in her bikini or not.

2iadgev.gif

I sincerely hope that wasn't a slap at me (such a coincidence that a couple of us were just talking about that very subject). And btw you're on a fashion forum, not a world policies forum. Expect the vast majority of conversation to be fluff pieces about models.

All I'm saying is that I consider myself a feminist but that doesn't mean I go around burning my bras and saying men are the devil. Like I said before, a shit ton of feminist are crazy and do give themselves up to misandry (the hatred of men), but to rag on the entire movement when (you can choose to believe it or not, whatever) it still isn't 100% equal is really sad.

I could keep going on, and mentioning all your points, but I won't. Because I don't see eye to eye with a bunch of members, and I refuse to have this turn into 'let's bait Elizabeth so we can ban her already' because I'm not here for that shit. I've been here too long to have the team and other members decide that they can't stand me now after 5 years.

Thanks for the input guys, but I feel like talking about REAL issues, like whether Karlie Kloss looks good in her bikini or not.

post-3761-0-1446061713-06771_thumb.gif

post-42950-0-1446061716-42829_thumb.gif

I like you. Really, really much - but that doesn´t mean I will agree with everything you say :) I think you´re smart enough to respect this.

I don´t like feminism, never liked it. People will never be equal, that´s clear utopia. There are differences between us that have to be respected. People should learn it. That´s all.

Sociological debates.

:p

I know that the scientific consensus concludes that there are marginal biological differences with the grey matter of men and women, and even between different ethnicities as a residual of selection. Thankfully, the brain and its cognitive abilities are much less variable than other organs or physical traits such as stature and bone structure. So there are marginal differences in temperament and various aptitudes. But men and women are a little different, and the key is for all is to use one's aptitudes in the optimal manner. ..One aptitude can be a disability in another place and time..

And some of the many obvious and well known differences are the fact that women are superior, vs men- in the use of language, writing, certain social skills, and the ability to understand context.

Overall, I don't have anything against the groups that advocate for women- As in, damned will it be if I get in the wrong way, but groups that lose their way a bit intellectually in the path of fighting for a larger portion of the pie are as normal as things can get. Talk is cheap, it's worth nothing unless real-world results and progress are conferred, and the glass ceiling is pierced. Even if that talk- that rhetoric- is impure. I'm as indifferent to it as those periodic times where unions disrupt my commute, or people protest in the streets.

In the aggregate, the greatest robbery and unfair advantages in this world are accomplished with electronic signals, transactions, contracts, and the stroke of a pen or the punching of a few words with a keyboard. Or with the barrel of a gun or an eradicating fire...etc...Groups emphasizing class, ethnic, or gender divisions are inevitable, and in my book it salts the earth with a bit of color... :nicole:

post-3761-0-1446061591-88943_thumb.gif

I like you. Really, really much - but that doesn´t mean I will agree with everything you say :) I think you´re smart enough to respect this.

I don´t like feminism, never liked it. People will never be equal, that´s clear utopia. There are differences between us that have to be respected. People should learn it. That´s all.

While I respect your POV I am not sure if I am capable of accepting everyone as nothing BUT equals. I don't understand why African Americans were treated as property once. I don't understand why homosexuals are still looked down upon as "perverts" in some areas of the world. I don't understand why women on average get paid less than a man for the same job in my country. Of course in a Utopia, equality for all exists and it will never really be attained by the human race but I don't see the harm in striving for equal rights for any group. Misandry is just as bad as misogyny, the only thing that make misogyny more of a hot topic is because it is seen more often than misandry in society and the media.

I believe we are equals but like you said we all still have our differences and people should except that not everyone is the same. I just simply don't believe our differences make us any better or worse than anyone else.

Those are things I don´t understand too - and I guess I never will. You know, nature has many faces and actually homosexuality is just as common as any other kind of sexuality (transgender included) - but that is just another discussion. Only people invented "morality" and, this especially, churches that tell other people what is right and what is wrong.

I don´t like pointing fingers just because of color or sexuality. Hell, and my head hurts and am ill.

Differences actually make us better - in that sense that they create the wonderful "muchness" of this world. People, just like any other animal, have been (and still are) adapting to this world. Thus comes the diversity.

Respect is missing, thou. And that is wrong. :idk: