Bellazon

Man of Steel (2013)

Cult Icon

It's coming out the 13th in some countries, but it opens in South America on the 14th .... I'm so excited for this movie, I'll be watching next weekend for sure

Thank you guys for updating everybody on this film. I have taken a long hiatus from movies since TDKR and I don't think I'll be doing the 'hype' thing like I did for the batman. But the hype, illusion, and anticipation is part of the fun imho! I have not seen anything outside of the trailers you posted here and personally I am not excited for the film yet as the imagery so far seemed rather ordinary to me. It looks generic and I have not seen evidence of any special creative direction or emotional resonance. However, HC looks the part- exceedingly so!

But the reviews are coming out soon, and new information such as that may change things for me. :) Anyway, I hope as with everybody else that this will be worth seeing. :PinkCouture2:

I have read two good quality Superman (so-called) graphic novels so I do know a little about the character:

Red Son and Birthright. The trailers of the 2013 film faintly resembles a telling of the latter story. I'm sure they cribbed material from it. And yes, there's a massive plot twist at the end. :)

'Man Of Steel' sequel given the go-ahead with Zack Snyder, David S Goyer returning

Warner Bros. reportedly putting Superman follow-up on fast track

The sequel to Man Of Steel has reportedly been fast-tracked by Warner Brothers Studios, with two of the major players already signed on to return.

According to Deadline, director Zack Snyder (Watchmen, 300) and screenwriter David S Goyer (Batman Begins) are already in place to return for the follow-up to this summer's blockbuster Superman movie. Goyer's returns to the franchise as part of his 3-movie deal, which also includes the film version of the Justice League, starring Superman alongside Batman.

A source also informed the website that The Dark Knight trilogy director Christopher Nolan's role in the sequel won't be as "full blown". Nolan served as producer and story co-writer on Man Of Steel.

Man Of Steel opens in cinemas on June 14. British actor Henry Cavill stars in the lead role alongside Amy Adams as Lois Lane and Russell Crowe as his biological father Jor-El. Kevin Costner and Diane Lane appear as his adoptive parents, Jonathan and Martha Kent.

:hehe:

^

I hoped so too as the teasers were promising. According to reviews: So apparently he brought his particular story-telling style into 'Man of Steel' and like 300/watchmen, it's not everybody's cup of tea. You either like it or you don't. I remember finding 'Watchmen' to be visually impressive but very choppy/disorganized in structure/timing and featuring indifferent acting and a measure of distracting coldness. But the visuals were very dense, ambitious, and detailed. :)

Most of the reviews I've seen up to now have had a sort of grumpy, grudging, semi-positive tone to them. I hate to say it, but I'm not sure any new Superman vehicle would get a fair shake while the majority of working critics still remember seeing the Donner/Reeve version in theatres.

Yeah, the repeated referencing of old superman movies that most moviegoers and I haven't seen in ten to twenty years is unnecessary when critiquing this new version.

Now it's at 58%/55%, 190/44 reviews, 6.3/10

It’s interesting too that reviewers who like the movie mostly praise Nolan, while those who don’t seem to heap the blame on Snyder. :laugh:

I will go far enough to wager that this will be my third most favorite superhero/comic book movie out of 22 films (After Batman Begins and The Dark Knight). I may eat my words, but I'll update my list and rating after I see it. :)

Let me know if that turns out to be the case, I will have to see it ;)