Look Models International - Vienna

Harry's Model Management

Next Model Management - London

Next Model Management - New York

Imm Europe - Dusseldorf

two.one.five Style: Chiara Betancor Perez

by Sarah Knaggs/

December 21, 2009

This Spanish native fell into modeling by winning a contest in Europe and has since been having huge success all over the world. Chiara has grown to love the fast paced life style and opportunities to travel that come with modeling. Her unique look has launched her into fashion magazines and runway shows around the world. We were able to hear Chiara’s take on the modeling world at large.

How did you get into modeling?

Chiara: I started when I was 15. I was on the beach in Gran Canaria (where I am from) and the owner of a model agency in the island ask me to participate in a models contest in Spain. From there, I went to the European final where every agency from all around Europe attend. That is how I started traveling all around the world. My mother and I used to have this game where I was a model and she would take pictures of me with make up on and her high heeled shoes, but to be honest, I never thought of the possibility that game becoming real.

What attracted you to modeling?

Chiara: At first, I didnt like it very much because of the loneliness and the never-end[ing] competition. Every castings is a test to your personal confidence. I guess I was too young, and I use to have the wrong idea about the fashion world and its glamour. But, later on, I started seeing the good part of it -- the traveling, the money, the experiences, the people -- everything has something very attractive and positive.

Do you do both print and runway? Which do you prefer?

Chiara: Yes, I’ve done both and l think each of them give you different feelings. Runway is all about the excitement. Everyone is looking at you and it's only a few minutes, so is like getting on a roller coaster -- but wearing a nice outfit.

A photo shoot is like being an actress and every picture tells a story that you are a part [of]. I really like both of them.

Have you been able to travel at all with your career?

Chiara: That is the best part of all this is the places that you get to know-- the hotels, the locations. I would never get to see them otherwise. On the other side, we don’t always have enough time to enjoy the places where we go. As models, we spend so much time at airports and [on] planes, which is not that pleasant.

Are there certain jobs that you are drawn to more than others?

Chiara: For me, it's all about the people that I’m working with. I need to feel comfortable and have good times. Life is all about moments and I want to enjoy while I’m working.

What is your personal style?

Chiara: I don’t know how to describe it. I dress how I feel, but I would always prefer natural and feminine styles more than any other.

What designers have you worked with? Do you have any favorites? Any you don't like?

Chiara: What I like about today’s fashion is that there are so many options and styles to mix up and create your own wardrobe. I’m not faithful to any designer, but I like to be in the loop every season.

Do you have any horror stories from your jobs? A trip on the runway, difficult photographers?

Chiara: I think I could write a book with all the stories of all this years. For example, I remember a show in Milan, there was a mistake with my shoes and we didn’t realized until the very last minute when nothing could be done and I had to go down the catwalk with two left shoes!! That was very painful hehe!

What are some of the best tips you've learned from hair or makeup artists?

Chiara: I have learned that most of the time all you need is in your kitchen. Natural ingredients are my favorites. For instance, I love to use pure argan oil for my hair. It gives so much shine and also has vitamin E and a lot of nutrients that are good for skin diseases. Another tip would be to use some sugar when you wash your face to exfoliate and then some aloe vera to calm and refresh after.

There are a lot of rumors about the drama associated with models and the fashion industry in general, have you ever had an incident with another model, stylist or photographer?

Chiara: The fashion world is like any other industry. You can find very professional and wonderful people, but you can also meet very incompetent and insecure ones. So many "egos" out there pretending to be what they are not.

What is your favorite diversion from modeling?

Chiara: For me, the best part is that every day is different. Everyday -- new people, a new office, different job. I even have to change my look each time...I love that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

first off you have her agencies wrong.

She is with:

Next Models New York

Next Models Los Angeles

MGM Models Dusseldorf

IMM Models- Dusseldorf

Central Models- Lisbon

US: Macy's, Lands End

Germany: Eddie Bauer, Otto, Bon Prix,

UK: Essentials Magazine, Brides Magazine,

Tasmiris Department Store

she used to book under just Chiara or Chiara B but then Chiara Biachietti got popular. she is often confused for Biachetti. there is a lot of wrong information about her floating around.

• 1 year later...