Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

This is his acceptance speech from 2005... Bit of déjà vu when the camera sets on Scorsese. :hehe:

He seems a bit more at ease in the 2014 speech, but this was his first win so he was probably more emotional. :p He looks so boyish in this vid.. he's alot more manly looking these days of course. :hehe:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fVV0w6FfoV0

I have noticed that too, he was soo nervous while doing his speech back than, soo cute. :wub: But this year, he looked a lot more relaxed.

Yeah :hehe: Speaking of speeches when he was younger he said he had a great fear of public speaking... I would love to see a vid of Leo speaking in front of a huge crowd back when he was 20 and compare it to how he is now. Would be neat. :hehe:

Jonah on Leo trying to conference call after the hearing of the nominations:

“It took Leo about 45 minutes to figure out how to conference us all together,” Jonah Hill said, perhaps exaggerating just a tad. “It was very sweet.”

Oh Leo!!! You gotta love him!!! Haha!!! :rofl:

Yeah :hehe: Speaking of speeches when he was younger he said he had a great fear of public speaking... I would love to see a vid of Leo speaking in front of a huge crowd back when he was 20 and compare it to how he is now. Would be neat. :hehe:

Oh yeah? He said that? I guess so many years of giving interviews and doing speechs, press conferences and all this stuff made him much more relaxed now that he's older. :hehe:

“It took Leo about 45 minutes to figure out how to conference us all together,” Jonah Hill said, perhaps exaggerating just a tad. “It was very sweet.”

Awww haha :laugh::heart:

omg where is this from? lmaoo

Thanks for the link. I personally roll my eyes at all those Oscar meme's or whatever you call them. Though its nice to see so many people take an interest in Leo, that they'd spend the time to make these and/ or spread them around. :)

Puking girls, mob hit men and Leonardo DiCaprio: Confessions of a NYC taxi driver

One summer night in 1996, Salomon pulled in front of The Bowery Hotel and a group of rowdy kids. One of them, a young blond “smoking a cigar that was bigger than his face” hopped in.

“Don’t you know who I am?” the kid cried from the back seat.

“Uhhh . . . nooo.”

“I’m an actor, man!”

“Oh.”

“Did you see ‘This Boy’s Life’?” he asked.

Salomon said no.

“I played with De Niro, man!”

His passenger then rattled off a list of movies, including “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape.” All of which Salomon hadn’t seen.

Despite this, the two hit it off.

“Our discussion continued until we arrived at Spy [a nightclub], Salomon writes. “As everyone else piled out of the cab, Leonardo DiWho surprised me. He stayed inside and started asking me questions about what it’s like to be a taxi driver.”

Then he asked, “Who was the biggest celebrity tipper you ever had in your cab?”

“Believe it or not, it was John McEnroe. He gave me double the meter,” Salomon replied.

“Well,” DiCaprio said, “I’m gonna give you triple the meter!”

And he did.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/19/stars-smoochers-wackos-wiseguys-secret-taxi-tales/

i didn't want to clog up the main thread with this post, but i hope that Legacy of Secrecy project doesn't get beyond the stage it's in now. david o russell is the last person i want leo to work with, especially as a follow-up for the wolf of wall street. he's a mediocre director and a genuinely horrible person, definitely someone leo should avoid associating with at all costs. no good could come of them working together. if leo is going to work with de niro again, i hope it's under scorsese's direction bc he's the only one capable of doing their personalities justice together on screen.

^Curious why do you feel that way? I know your not the only person who feels this way as I've seen alot of people with the same opinion. I personally loved Silver Linings Playbook and all of his movies thus far (haven't seen American Hustle yet..) 

I'd like to see him work with a director he hasn't collaborated with yet. DOR has directed a few quality movies, so I have no problem with him. David Fincher, David Lynch, Oliver Stone, Coen Brothers, Terrence Malick, Kathryn Bigelow, Tom Hooper, heck even Tim Burton... You never know.. he could mesh really well with one of these directors and produce top rate work ... we'll never know until we see it. :)

I just hope he/ his reps announce whatever he's doing next soon. After seeing 3 movies of his in roughly a year, it's going to be hard to have to wait so long for his next flick.

In regards to Broadway, personally I'm not a big fan of plays. However, it's clear that Leo has an interest in it as we've heard of him attending different plays time and time again. Alot of his fellow actors have started to dabble in it, so would be interesting to see if Leo would ever go that route... but it's not something I neccesarily crave to see.

As random as it might sound.. I wouldn't mind seeing him voice an animated character. That'll be something different for sure. Roughly 4 years ago Dreamworks announced that he would be making his animated feature debut in The Guardians voicing Jack Frost, obviously it never became a reality but maybe he did give it serious thought and was close to doing it. Oh and even if he were to partake in animation I'd still hope it would be in a quality feature of course.

^Curious why do you feel that way? I know your not the only person who feels this way as I've seen alot of people with the same opinion. I personally loved Silver Linings Playbook and all of his movies thus far (haven't seen American Hustle yet..) 

his films never impressed me. i recently saw American Hustle and it was so bland, i was so disappointed. and that was before i learned about how much of a horrible human being he is. he sexually assaulted his niece (told her not to tell anyone, blamed it on her for being "provocative"), he has a history of verbally and physically abusing his actors/extras on set (there's a video on the internet of him absolutely LOSING IT on the set of one of his movies), he's gotten into confrontations with the likes of George Clooney (Clooney has infamously claimed his experience with david o russell was the worst of his professional life), and all kinds of other stuff. he also, very recently, compared Jennifer Lawrence's work with Hunger Games to being a slave (allusion to 12 Years A Slave). he's definitely one of the slimiest, most disgusting men working right now, which you'd never know bc everyone is constantly kissing his ass and praising his mediocre work. that's why i don't want leo associating with him. it's bad enough that david was all over him at the golden globes with bradley. i'd really hate for them to get together on a film, i don't think i could support that. 

and honestly, i hope leo has half a brain enough to stay away from someone like DOR despite whatever outside voices are urging a collaboration. he's bad news and he would do nothing for leo's public image or career. i'd much prefer leo to pursue his environmental work for a few years before another substantial film project comes up for him.

his films never impressed me. i recently saw American Hustle and it was so bland, i was so disappointed. and that was before i learned about how much of a horrible human being he is. he sexually assaulted his niece (told her not to tell anyone, blamed it on her for being "provocative"), he has a history of verbally and physically abusing his actors/extras on set (there's a video on the internet of him absolutely LOSING IT on the set of one of his movies), he's gotten into confrontations with the likes of George Clooney (Clooney has infamously claimed his experience with david o russell was the worst of his professional life), and all kinds of other stuff. he also, very recently, compared Jennifer Lawrence's work with Hunger Games to being a slave (allusion to 12 Years A Slave). he's definitely one of the slimiest, most disgusting men working right now, which you'd never know bc everyone is constantly kissing his ass and praising his mediocre work. that's why i don't want leo associating with him. it's bad enough that david was all over him at the golden globes with bradley. i'd really hate for them to get together on a film, i don't think i could support that. 

and honestly, i hope leo has half a brain enough to stay away from someone like DOR despite whatever outside voices are urging a collaboration. he's bad news and he would do nothing for leo's public image or career. i'd much prefer leo to pursue his environmental work for a few years before another substantial film project comes up for him.

Wow I had no idea about this...Woody Allen is another one like this, I mean he married his freaking daughter? Sorry I don't care if its not biological that is still disgusting. And seeing the Globes honor his work... :x Though I can't say that doesn't mean hes a good film maker...

So I see where your coming from, but me personally I've always enjoyed DORs movies, so I can't say I would be against it. If Leo feels comfortable enough and trusts him and feels he can best tell whatever story and direct it the best than so be it..

Bar Refaeli liked wolf

Refaeli is also known for dating the Oscar-nominated actor Leonardo DiCaprio, whom she ended things with in 2011 after almost six years together. But the 28-year-old model obviously has no hard feelings toward her ex, considering she told The Huffington Post that she did see his latest flick, "The Wolf of Wall Street."

Did you see “The Wolf of Wall Street”?
I did, that’s really good. I can’t remember what else is nominated …

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/22/bar-refaeli-nofilter_n_4646354.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

ITA Neon. Not only is what's his face disgusting and (IMHO) makes try hard ~*~acting~*~ films....it would not, at all, look good on Leo, PR wise, for him to do a film w what's his face disgusting ( :rofl: I didn't wanna scroll up and remember his name, ok.) Get someone else. Go work with Alfonso Cuaron or something.