Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

^I believe so....same with TV stars. Like the cast of Friends for example I saw they get paid something like $70,000 dollars everytime an episode gets played! :o  Also I know somebody who has like 10 seconds in a movie...gets paid $1,000 everytime the movie gets played on TV  :o

Also curious...anybody know how much money leo makes everytime one of his movies plays on TV? I was thinking this because Titanic plays all the time now, and I see The Departed and Catch Me if You can on quite often too....

wait.... do they get money from it as well ???? :blink: :o

I was reading my Glamour Mag, the November issue, and Margot has an interview/editorial, and heres what she says :)

Glamour: There were rumors that you were dating Leonardo DiCaprio while shooting Wolf. Was the paparazzi attention a new experiance for you?

Margot: I really don't enjoy that side of things. I had a million calls the day that hit. My friends were like "Are you in Miami?" I was like, "Look at the picture! Besides, I'm at my mom's house. In Australia"

Featuring what could be one of Leonardo DiCaprio's most memorable roles to date, "The Great Gatsby" tells the tale of eccentric millionaire Jay Gatsby, whom everyone seems to know, but whom no one really knows much about. With that in mind, we've gathered up 18 lesser-known facts about the film's Oscar-nominated leading man.

After a little digging, it turns out that DiCaprio may be as mysterious as the enigmatic Gatsby.

1. Leonardo DiCaprio was born and raised in Los Angeles, California.

2. He was born November 11, 1974. He's a Scorpio and was born in the Year of the Tiger

3. His mother, Irmelin, is German. His father, George DiCaprio, is Italian.

4. His father was a comic-book artist.

5. His is an only child.

6. His middle name is Wilhelm, which is awesome.

7. He was named for the other famous Leonardo: Leonardo DaVinci. Before he was born, the story goes, DiCaprio's mother felt her baby kick for the first time while she was standing in front of a portrait of Leonardo DaVinci at a gallery in Florence, Italy - according to Leo, his father took this as a cosmic sign.

8. His breakout role was in "Critters 3" (1991), a horror film.

9. His first on-screen roles were brief stints on '90s soap opera "Santa Barbara" and classic '80s sitcom "Growing Pains."

10. His first major film role was in 1993's "This Boy's Life," alongside Robert De Niro.

11. He and Tobey Maguire are longtime friends, having known each other for over 20 years, since he was 13.

12. He was offered the role of Dirk Diggler in Paul Thomas Anderson's "Boogie Nights" but opted for "Titanic" instead. The "Boogie Nights" role went to Mark Wahlberg, who co-starred with Leo in "The Basketball Diaries."

13. He moved out of his mother's house in November 1997, just a month before "Titanic" was released.

14. His first Oscar nomination came at age 19 for Best Supporting Actor for "What's Eating Gilbert Grape," which starred Johnny Depp.

15. He loves his pets. According to "Titanic" co-star Kathy Bates, he carried his pet lizard around with him on the set. He has had dogs and frogs, and enjoys going on safari to check out less house-friendly creatures.

16. In 2004, he revealed in an interview with Katie Couric that he has had obsessive-compulsive disorder since he was a child.

17. As a budding teen actor, his agent insisted he change his name to Lenny Williams for fear that his real name sounded too "ethnic." Clearly, he declined.

18. He is an ardent environmentalist. He founded the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation to support sustainability efforts, is a boardmember of the Natural Resources Defense Council and Global Green USA, and created a climate change documentary called "The 11th Hour." He also drives eco-friendly cars, like the Toyota Prius and a hydrogen-fueled BMW H7.

Don't know if this has been posted before. Most people already know these facts but ....

He’s currently dating 21-year-old Victoria’s Secret Angel Toni Garrn, but back in the ‘90s, Leonardo DiCaprio may have dated none other than Baby Spice!

Emma Bunton revealed her dating past in a recent interview with the Daily Express.

“All of us girls were linked to lots of celebrities back in the day. I was seeing Leonardo DiCaprio at one point, which was quite a good one,” she said.

However, she likely meant that it was a “good one” in that it wasn’t true – sadly! We can’t imagine a more perfect ‘90s couple (except for matching-reverse-mullet-cuts ‘90s Posh and Becks, of course).

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/12090/20131008/leonardo-dicaprio-girlfriend-dating-toni-garrn-2013-linked-baby-spice-emma-bunton-90s.htm

VIDEO

Jessie James Did What With Leonardo DiCaprio?!—Watch the Clip!

The country pop star admits to being in bed with Leonardo DiCaprio, but it's not what you think!

Jessie James and Denver Broncos wide receiver, Eric Decker, sit down and challenge each other with childhood questions. It's like the The Newlywed Game but younger!

When Jessie's asked about her teenage celebrity crush, she answers Leo (no surprise there), but the rest of her answer might surprise you...

PHOTOS: Missed Sunday's super sexy Eric & Jessie: Game On episode? Check out our full pic/gif recap!

"I was in love with him," Jessie admits. "I would take his posters off the wall and lay them next to me as if we were in bed together." She did this in fifth or sixth grade!

http://www.eonline.com/shows/eric_and_jessie/news/467900/jessie-james-did-what-with-leonardo-dicaprio-watch-the-clip

Featuring what could be one of Leonardo DiCaprio's most memorable roles to date, "The Great Gatsby" tells the tale of eccentric millionaire Jay Gatsby, whom everyone seems to know, but whom no one really knows much about. With that in mind, we've gathered up 18 lesser-known facts about the film's Oscar-nominated leading man.

After a little digging, it turns out that DiCaprio may be as mysterious as the enigmatic Gatsby.

1. Leonardo DiCaprio was born and raised in Los Angeles, California.

2. He was born November 11, 1974. He's a Scorpio and was born in the Year of the Tiger

3. His mother, Irmelin, is German. His father, George DiCaprio, is Italian.

4. His father was a comic-book artist.

5. His is an only child.

6. His middle name is Wilhelm, which is awesome.

7. He was named for the other famous Leonardo: Leonardo DaVinci. Before he was born, the story goes, DiCaprio's mother felt her baby kick for the first time while she was standing in front of a portrait of Leonardo DaVinci at a gallery in Florence, Italy - according to Leo, his father took this as a cosmic sign.

8. His breakout role was in "Critters 3" (1991), a horror film.

9. His first on-screen roles were brief stints on '90s soap opera "Santa Barbara" and classic '80s sitcom "Growing Pains."

10. His first major film role was in 1993's "This Boy's Life," alongside Robert De Niro.

11. He and Tobey Maguire are longtime friends, having known each other for over 20 years, since he was 13.

12. He was offered the role of Dirk Diggler in Paul Thomas Anderson's "Boogie Nights" but opted for "Titanic" instead. The "Boogie Nights" role went to Mark Wahlberg, who co-starred with Leo in "The Basketball Diaries."

13. He moved out of his mother's house in November 1997, just a month before "Titanic" was released.

14. His first Oscar nomination came at age 19 for Best Supporting Actor for "What's Eating Gilbert Grape," which starred Johnny Depp.

15. He loves his pets. According to "Titanic" co-star Kathy Bates, he carried his pet lizard around with him on the set. He has had dogs and frogs, and enjoys going on safari to check out less house-friendly creatures.

16. In 2004, he revealed in an interview with Katie Couric that he has had obsessive-compulsive disorder since he was a child.

17. As a budding teen actor, his agent insisted he change his name to Lenny Williams for fear that his real name sounded too "ethnic." Clearly, he declined.

18. He is an ardent environmentalist. He founded the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation to support sustainability efforts, is a boardmember of the Natural Resources Defense Council and Global Green USA, and created a climate change documentary called "The 11th Hour." He also drives eco-friendly cars, like the Toyota Prius and a hydrogen-fueled BMW H7.

Don't know if this has been posted before. Most people already know these facts but ....

l think his names Adam Ferrar. l heard he's been in trouble with the law frequently. Leo has stated in interviews that seeing his 'brother' go to castings as a child spurred him to attend castings also but theres never much info on him and you rarely hear of he and Leo hanging out so l guess they're not close.

Yeah, he did seem to get in scuffles - with paparazzis when he was trying to ward them off Leo (during Titanic times) and then a domestic dispute with his then girlfriend - he got arrested but was never charged (he even evoked Leo's name when he was arrested :yuckky: ). Seems he settled down after that incident. And yeah, he doesn't seem that close to Leo now - you did see more photos of them together when they were kids. He is a lot closer to his friends than his step-brother for sure.

Edited by sadako

Denial of Kats story ;) Last sentance is sooo true...

Kat Torres claims that she’s datingLeonardo DiCaprio.

The model is not telling the truth.

She supposedly “confirmed their budding new romance” to Brazilian newspaper Extra after Torres and DiCaprio were pictured together at the Cannes International Film Festival.

Gullible outlets like In Touch rushed to spread the rumor (see right).

“Leo is amazing,” Torres is quoted as saying. “I met him in Cannes. We were staying at the same house. I really don’t know how the photographers got the picture because we were well-guarded and no one could come close in any circumstances.”

Uh-huh.

By the way, Cannes was five months ago — why are there no photos or evidence of them together since, and why aren’t the webloids posting this story asking?

Torres tells Extra, “I worry about what he will think about me talking to you. We have a pact that nothing can ever be said about our relationship.”

Uh-huh.

None of this is true.

Torres made it up.

A source close to DiCaprio tells Gossip Cop that he’s never “dated” or even “hung out” with Torres.

We’re told the actor and Torres were in the same place — with other people — once at Cannes last spring, and that he “hasn’t seen her since.”

Our source says it sounds like “someone is trying to get a modeling contract.”

http://www.gossipcop.com/kat-torres-leonardo-dicaprio-dating-girlfriend-brazilian-model/

I certainly didn't know an actor gets paid everytime a film oh his gets played on TV, even if it's an old one, as old as Titanic. That's crazy. Thanks for the info.

and that article is crazy. as much as i sometimes hate when all these actors get millions and millions from films/adverts, etc, i sometimes feel for them when some random chicks just make up stuff to get famous. i mean, how do you protect yourself from that?

i really feel for him even though he's got his ways of getting women all the time. i guess it all pays off in the end, sometimes in a bad way.

What a funny little Muppet she is. LOL 

and If Leo don't want her I'd gladly tap her for him.

Funny to read this you girlies think he's a super hero or something? It's Funny sheeet to read..

Anyway I heard Leo's a bit of Muppet too so they'd prolly be great together. But who really give a fek.?

So If you could choose Leos Muppet character who would he be and why.. I think he looks alittle like the chef.

What a funny little Muppet she is. LOL 

and If Leo don't want her I'd gladly tap her for him.

Funny to read this you girlies think he's a super hero or something? It's Funny sheeet to read..

Anyway I heard Leo's a bit of Muppet too so they'd prolly be great together. But who really give a fek.?

So If you could choose Leos Muppet character who would he be and why.. I think he looks alittle like the chef.

<_<