Bellazon

Models You Think Deserve A Place In The Forbes "high Paid Models" List

dreamss

Ok so I'm sure some of us feel the forbes list is just BS. I was just wondering about models who have been getting the a million campaigns every season and are getting the money jobs but they are still not in the forbes list. For example, Isabeli Fontana and Rapuel Zimmermman are like campaign queens and they get a lot of money jobs, yet still they aren't on the list.

There are also a few more models that fall in the same category...

I'm sure you guys have some in mind too.

0.o (Prettyphile copyrighted)

It's a weird question! People do not deserve to be in this list... They are in it because they earned the money to be in & It's as simple than that. It's not a contest and it's not because a model did one million campaign during the last years that she is now rich. And girls today do not earn the same among of money for a campaign than back in the supermodel time. And the models on top of the list are in the business since 20 years for some of them & they just capitalized on their name when girls like Isabelli or Raquel or Lara Stone (even if they are good models) can't sell a produce only on their name like Gisele or Kate Moss. Maybe the 00's generation of models will be on the list in 2022?

First time I heard about that list by the way :chicken:

Great point. I think the list isn't that accurate though. In 2010 Alessandra Ambrosio did a lot of work, yet still according to forbes she earned the same money as she did a year before that.

Commercial modeling obviously pays more and Isabeli does a lot of that...she's a respected model and I'm sure clients pay her more than the average model... I really think she should be on that list.

So Miranda and Doutzen are not on that list?And what about Irina Shayk? She's been everywhere since she came out...

And I don't know why but lately models that earn most money nowdays are VS angels.And VS is not a high fashion brand :/

So Miranda and Doutzen are not on that list?And what about Irina Shayk? She's been everywhere since she came out...

And I don't know why but lately models that earn most money nowdays are VS angels.And VS is not a high fashion brand :/

Because in America especially, the celebrity is more important than the model. Which is displayed by even being witness to who graces American Vogue. It's all about star power, VS launches the current day "Supermodel". They are the girls that over time are given the main stream exposure and media coverage to be able to eventually land American GQ covers, or be featured on SI Hot Clicks or Ask Men, or ESPN much more often. Also, it's the VS girls that date the rock stars and athletes (not to say other models do not) but I just think their popularity main stream wise, gives them much more catalog work as well as slots reserved for known women/models. Superbowl ads for example...or being featured on a Show (How I met your mother, Ugly Betty, etc) interviews on talk shows... all these things help them get booked more for work , not necessarily high fashion work, but work that's relevant to contracts that pay out, or exposure.

and I really think that in America- Television, Movies, and Sports dictate everything in relation to who's getting paid and who ranks at the top. Look at the Maxim lists or the FHM lists, the girls at the top are the ones most relevant (biggest blockbuster to come out... a popular show... etc) I mean not to be rude but how on earth would Lea Michele rank amongst the top or be on that list at all otherwise? :hehe: These lists and polls are ranked by the women the average person is exposed to. More people watch movies, listen to music, watch television, and keep up with main stream culture than they do keep up with fashion, or high fashion models. FrenchKiki is right, this isn't the age of Evangelista, Moss, and Campbell... high fashion models have taken a back seat to the current day mainstream culture. And the majority of models that really seem to be able to keep up with the mainstream are the VS angels, and some of the SI models.

Raquel or Isabeli may have lots of campaigns each season but none of them has a very-well paid beauty campaign, which gives lots of money.... like L'Oreal. Then again, if Doutzen isn't on the list I'd have to say it's surprising...

Isabeli and Raquel are top in demand fashion models but they dont seem to have the mega million dollar lingerie/beauty and/or exclusive fashion contract that pays in the millions. which most of the Forbes list models all seem to have one or more big contract. The few high fashion models who make the list every year is because they usually have some kind of huge cosmetics or exclusive fashion contract. (Daria/Lancome..Lara Stone/Calvin Klein) Like others have said the lingerie and beauty contracts is where the money is at (or something like the huge department store contract lMiranda has for David Jones).

Isabeli and Raquel have quantity; they do a ton, but that can also mean they aren't exclusive to any one brand, they just get paid for that job. More work doesn't necessarily mean more money.

Not sure but weren't Miranda and Doutzen not included on last years list because of their pregnancies in 2010? They got back to work in 2011 which means they should defnitely be on the 2012 list.

Agree about Ale, she has VS plus promotes for commercially type stuff like Philips skin care,tvs in Japan. I don't follow her that intently but she seems to do them for only about a year so maybe thats why she isn't higher up. Aside from VS I dont see her having the big multi year exclusivity to any one brand. I would say Colcci is that contract for her, but I read on Brazilian websites she only signed a 1 yr contract(s) with them and Ashton Kutcher is the one they gave the mega multi year contract to.