Bellazon

The Who
Thumbnail

Mercury

The Who

who2.jpg

Few bands in the history of rock & roll were riddled with as many contradictions as the Who. All four members had wildly different personalities, as their notoriously intense live performances demonstrated. The group was a whirlwind of activity, as the wild Keith Moon fell over his drum kit and Pete Townshend leaped into the air with his guitar, spinning his right hand in exaggerated windmills. Vocalist Roger Daltrey strutted across the stage with a thuggish menace, as bassist John Entwistle stood silent, functioning as the eye of the hurricane. These divergent personalities frequently clashed, but these frictions also resulted in a decade's worth of remarkable music.--from www.allmusicguide.com

The Who are my second favorite artist/band. Their work is very creative and diverse. Their groudbreaking album Tommy (which contain "Pinball Wizard") was the first rock opera to be produced. My favorite album is Who's Next. The concept isn't as lofty at Tommy, but I think the music is better. It contains the legendary tracks "Baba O'Riley" and "Won't Get Fooled Again." The Who Sell Out is average but interesting. The Who inserted funny commercials they made up in between the tracks.

Live at Leeds was released in 1970. It is an amazing album; it is the best live album I have ever heard. The creativity is amazing, and the album is addictive. The live version of "Magic Bus" is impossible to describe.

Good collections include: My Generation: The Very Best of The Who and The Ultimate Collection.

who3.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They are not "OK". Especially to someone who likes quality rock like Back in Black and Machine Head. You know who Who Made Who is named after, right?

Baba O'Reilly is one of the best freaking awesome songs.

• 6 years later...