Bellazon

Stupid Trends

Rogue

Because we're dumb, because we want to be accepted, because we want to fit in, because we're copy-cats, that's why we become like everyone else - riding the trend-wave.

What fad do you refuse to follow? It could be clothing or a lifestyle thing, whatever.. anything you can think of that everyone is doing.

- in my case, clothing wise, I hate that everyone has a puma bag or shoes .. no offense, but if you have a pair - so does everyone else.. makes you feel special doesn't it!?

Hollister clothes. They look unoriginal and cheap, and they cost a fortune.

Ugg boots in warm weather/with skirts. Stupidest looking thing ever.

Huge white-framed oversize sunglasses. They make you look like a bug. And they're ugly.

Ballet flats. JESUS EVERYONE HAS 17 PAIRS OF THESE, AND THEY ARENT EVEN THAT CUTE. They're comfortable, yes. And can look nice. But you don't need to wear them all the time with everything. It makes people look like 12-year-olds.

I'll think of more... :yuckky:

blah, i start most of the trends....once i start wearing something celebrities start wearing them like two weeks later <_<

I started wearing Puma's over 6 years ago before it was a fad. I still have my Puma jacket that I bought a few years ago that I wear with my Nike running shoes :p

Chucks have always been in, its like a fad that dies down and goes back again....I had to get my chucks from Arizona this past weekend.

In my friend's circle I'm the trend setter and everyone likes to copy Neo...yay <_<

Huge white framed sunglasses....since I'm in the field and I actually sold Nicole Richies Diors that she wears. Its more like the 30 year cycle cuz big suglasses were in during the 70's and most designers are making their sunglasses like that at the moment.

- in my case, clothing wise, I hate that everyone has a puma bag or shoes .. no offense, but if you have a pair - so does everyone else.. makes you feel special doesn't it!?

i have a pair of pink puma speedcats. they're actually the only pair of sneakers i've ever spent more than 25 bucks on. no, it doesnt make me feel special. i like the way they look. pretty simple. i dont really care if millions of other people have them or not. it's never a good idea to assume that just because someone has something that's "IN" at the moment that they have it just for that reason. some trends i like, some trends i dont. i buy what i like whether it's in or not.

how about like the people who wear one of those like fuzzy wrist bands (you know the one tennis players wear to stop perspiration or something) like half way up there arm. its like wtf are you covering up track marks or something. sheeesh.

you mean sweat bands? yeh that's pretty stupid too! It's not like they weigh a brazillion ( :hehe:) pounds and sweat a pajillion litres when they walk. Those people are scary :|

Well I hate Punma shoes as well xD I'm on a school where ALL PEOPLE wear them, it is just weird -.-

What I do not like are these Moon Boots, they just look dumb and make your legs fat... I really think they are awful -.-

But chucks are great :)

I think of more trends i do not like ^^

There was a trend around here a while back that you wore religious jewlery, the more "blingy" the better. There was some chick in my history class walking around with an inverted pentagram because she thought it was cool and she was being "edgy" because she was promoting "devil worship".

:cain:

The big huge necklace thing in general I don't get, but that's just dumb.

just cuz i have style....but im sorry, im not gonna go wear my 100 dollar dress shirts everyday. even though i wear them once in awhile with jeans. most of the time I wear tshirts. just happens that most of the t's i get my mom sees celebs wearing the same shit a few weeks later. she pays attention to celebs more than me....she is actually star struck and she's been living in l.a for over 30 years. I've lived here my whole life and seen a shitload of celebs but i'm never star struck.

now if i said something like i saw a celeb wear something and bought it after i saw them wear it, thats different.

uh, shopping isnt so hard....I go, I see something I like and I buy it. its not my fault americans are obsessed with CCCP and celebs like wearing t shirts that say that :blink:

its trends like that that piss me off. so i always have to mask having something that celebs have.