Bellazon

Candids

Neo52285

7 hours ago, Clauds said:

Adriana seems to clearly not give a fuck about Anna or US Vogue, she has always been more in love with Italian and Paris Vogue. I can see her 100% turning down the MET and rather stay in Miami with her kids. She's at a point in her career where she doesn't need to go to the MET, she already made all the connections she needed years ago. As mentioned a lot celebrities and designers are no longer going to the MET because it became a shitshow.

Let's face it I adore him, but why is Harry Styles the co-chair this year? What has he done in the fashion industry to earn to co-host the alleged biggest fashion event of the year? Nothing, literally nothing. It's just a big Kartrashian joke now. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Dri going because I like seeing her on the red carpet but I much rather see her going to Cannes than to this.

Sis I know you just didn’t say the “alleged” biggest fashion event 😂😂😂😂

On a  more serious note though, I’d have loved to see her there but yes. I too read that the gala is starting to lose its prestige that some celebrities turn down the invitation.

I mean, I never thought about it that way but it is indeed true that Adriana is not one to kiss people’s asses. And I’ve never seen her try to get closer to Anna or campaign for a US Vogue cover. That’s not to say she’d turned down an opportunity to front the magazine but yeah it really does look like she doesn’t care. Her career basically is built on living in the moment and enjoying the things she loved. Girl told British Vogue that she knows she’s supposed to care about fashion but she doesn’t. Take from that what you will.

I hope she goes to Canness. Oscars weekend and Cannes have more diverse attendees than MET so if she wants connections, that’s where she’ll get them.

3 hours ago, Corner said:

On a  more serious note though, I’d have loved to see her there but yes. I too read that the gala is starting to lose its prestige that some celebrities turn down the invitation.

I mean, I never thought about it that way but it is indeed true that Adriana is not one to kiss people’s asses. And I’ve never seen her try to get closer to Anna or campaign for a US Vogue cover. That’s not to say she’d turned down an opportunity to front the magazine but yeah it really does look like she doesn’t care. Her career basically is built on living in the moment and enjoying the things she loved. Girl told British Vogue that she knows she’s supposed to care about fashion but she doesn’t. Take from that what you will.

I hope she goes to Canness. Oscars weekend and Cannes have more diverse attendees than MET so if she wants connections, that’s where she’ll get them.

She surely will go to Cannes, its something she genuinely seems to enjoy. Also Adriana posted a good amount of times today, looking happy and carefree, she def seems to not care about it today. Also Harry and Meghan having their baby today didn't help MET's "crisis" lol, like nobody cares as much right now

3 hours ago, Souled-Out said:

No... some models would not be where they are if they didn't do the certain things they do. Some models you can tell would not be where they are if they handled themselves the way models from Adriana's era has.

Well it's just sad that even the extremely talented models who wouldn't need to kiss ass normally now do it because it is the trend in the business. Very sad. 

It's one of the reason I respect Adri so much in that she just does her stuff and let's her work speak for her even though we knows that in this era the work doesn't mean as much anymore. She chooses her job based on what is right and best for her and not because she wants to gain extra recognition or make extreme money especially given that she might very well be the breadwinner of her family. She wants to be happy and that is great.

16 hours ago, Corner said:

The MET has become such a joke, it's so tragic that even goddamn James Charles was invited this year it's the equivalent of Kim Kardashian winning an Oscar :rofl: 

Honestly it seems like it was trash this year, I'm glad Adriana decided to sit this one out, her time will be better spent in Cannes 

@lucyford Gisele has not attended the MET since forever, the last time she went to MET, it was in 2014 and then she returned in 2017. And for me, Vogue USA lost a lot of prestige. Anna Wintour used to speak ill of Kim Kardashian, said that she was the most ridiculous thing ever since the creation of the flip flops and then Kim Kardashian appeared several times on the cover of VOGUE, of course because of Kanye. I think the MET did lose value and this year it was overshadowed by the arrival of the royal baby. And I agree with what they said, the MET lately looks like a circus and Adriana does not have to go alone to please Anna, Adriana is past that time, she already has a firm career, she needs to go where she can have connections, the Oscars and the Cannes Film Festival.

1 hour ago, Miss Bathory said:

@lucyford Gisele has not attended the MET since forever, the last time she went to MET, it was in 2014 and then she returned in 2017. And for me, Vogue USA lost a lot of prestige. Anna Wintour used to speak ill of Kim Kardashian, said that she was the most ridiculous thing ever since the creation of the flip flops and then Kim Kardashian appeared several times on the cover of VOGUE, of course because of Kanye. I think the MET did lose value and this year it was overshadowed by the arrival of the royal baby. And I agree with what they said, the MET lately looks like a circus and Adriana does not have to go alone to please Anna, Adriana is past that time, she already has a firm career, she needs to go where she can have connections, the Oscars and the Cannes Film Festival.

I agree. THESE days Adriana has better chances at connections and networking at the other events she goes to now. In the past, yes she would have benfitied from the MET but these days its not even a big deal if she didn't go. Not only did the royal baby overshadow it but I feel these days the celebs who go overshadow it. Literally all you see are the celebrity looks, you barely saw any models being talked about it. If they were they were from the neo gang (kardashian/jenner/hadid) or one of the models who people are mainly interested in because of who they date. And that is true Gisele is just now returning these past few years. Honestly, Anna needs to step down everything she touches seems to just decrease in value. I wouldn't care if Adriana had her approval or not. Her career speaks for itself

33 minutes ago, Miss Bathory said:

Gisele mentioned yesterday she’s been attending since she was 19 with some years off cause of work/traveling. She’s been to like 13. Adriana has only been to 4 despite being in the industry as long as her. 

After seeing who attended this year, I’ve never seen a year with a guest list worse than this. How 3 YouTubers made the cut is beyond me. So after seeing all this I’m not that disappointed Adriana didn’t appear. But I’m not sure why you guys say Oscars weeknd is better for her to make connections when it seems she just hangs out with the other models there.

1 minute ago, lucyford said:

Gisele mentioned yesterday she’s been attending since she was 19 with some years off cause of work/traveling. She’s been to like 13. Adriana has only been to 4 despite being in the industry as long as her. 

After seeing who attended this year, I’ve never seen a year with a guest list worse than this. How 3 YouTubers made the cut is beyond me. So after seeing all this I’m not that disappointed Adriana didn’t appear. But I’m not sure why you guys say Oscars weeknd is better for her to make connections when it seems she just hangs out with the other models there.

Yeh, but Gisele's career it's not the same as Adriana. The Met Ball, it was something like comparing the oscars. It was the oscar of fashion, but this is change. And I think Adriana didn't went last year because of the theme ( maybe I am wrong) and in my opinion, Adriana should focus in events like Oscar, Cannes and etc. , things who will lunch her career in the movies, maybe get Doutzen's step , since her as a model has been doding a great job as actress.

2 minutes ago, Miss Bathory said:

Yeh, but Gisele's career it's not the same as Adriana. The Met Ball, it was something like comparing the oscars. It was the oscar of fashion, but this is change. And I think Adriana didn't went last year because of the theme ( maybe I am wrong) and in my opinion, Adriana should focus in events like Oscar, Cannes and etc. , things who will lunch her career in the movies, maybe get Doutzen's step , since her as a model has been doding a great job as actress.

You might be right that she didn’t go last year cause of the theme... never thought of that. But Adriana clearly had her eyes on the MET last night. So that’s why I think she possibly didn’t get invited for skipping last year. I’m not sure if Adriana is serious about wanting to do acting anymore. I haven’t heard her mention it in a while.

19 minutes ago, lucyford said:

You might be right that she didn’t go last year cause of the theme... never thought of that. But Adriana clearly had her eyes on the MET last night. So that’s why I think she possibly didn’t get invited for skipping last year. I’m not sure if Adriana is serious about wanting to do acting anymore. I haven’t heard her mention it in a while.

If was like this Gisele wouldn't be invited too. Since she skip 2 years. She didn't want to go, simple like this. She prefer spend some time with her kids, since she has been travel a lot and soon will travel again and unlike many models and celebrits, she really take care of her kids. She's not like Alessandra or Candice, who always are in some party and getting drunk lol.

1 hour ago, Miss Bathory said:

If was like this Gisele wouldn't be invited too. Since she skip 2 years. She didn't want to go, simple like this. She prefer spend some time with her kids, since she has been travel a lot and soon will travel again and unlike many models and celebrits, she really take care of her kids. She's not like Alessandra or Candice, who always are in some party and getting drunk lol.

Candice has skipped some years as well. I don't think thats a thing. Like banning somebody just because they decided to not come one year or something, this is fashion. Its a big industry. Nobody has time to tally who comes to the MET and who don't one year and then sabotage them for it. I don't see it working like that. There has been years where Candice, Alessandra, and Doutzen have not gone and other years where they have. Just like Gisele, Doutzen, Alessandra and etc can not go some years for whatever reason, so can Adriana. And just because she liked certain posts about the met this year does not make it untrue

4 hours ago, Souled-Out said:

I agree. THESE days Adriana has better chances at connections and networking at the other events she goes to now. In the past, yes she would have benfitied from the MET but these days its not even a big deal if she didn't go. Not only did the royal baby overshadow it but I feel these days the celebs who go overshadow it. Literally all you see are the celebrity looks, you barely saw any models being talked about it. If they were they were from the neo gang (kardashian/jenner/hadid) or one of the models who people are mainly interested in because of who they date. And that is true Gisele is just now returning these past few years. Honestly, Anna needs to step down everything she touches seems to just decrease in value. I wouldn't care if Adriana had her approval or not. Her career speaks for itself

However it played out, I see the MET in a similar way as the VS show- a big deal to those that actually attend but that has lowered its standard for attendance or invitation.