Bellazon

Candids

Neo52285

It’s not even close to showtime and Adriana Lima already has her wings on. Fittings for the highly anticipated Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show began this week, so we got a front row seat on set at the Victoria’s Secret headquarters as Adriana took this year’s looks (and her wings) for a test drive.

Each look is part of a theme that belongs to its own section. “This look is from the ‘British Invasion’ section—it’s the Queen,” says Lima who is, of course, wearing lingerie, but also a Vivienne Westwood-esque jacket covered entirely in pearly buttons. “It’s inspired by a London tradition where everyone in the neighborhood helps to make an outfit out of pearls or buttons for the king and the queen. My second look is from the ‘Paris Nights’ section that was inspired by a commercial we did in Paris. It’s very strong and romantic. My third outfit is a Snow Angel, which really brings you back to Christmas.”

Then Lima took us even further behind the scenes to her “dressing area” where she proudly pointed us towards a hanger holding a look belonging to Behati Prinsloo. From what we could gather, Behati will be the castle guard to Adriana’s royal highness. After the looks had been settled, we took a trip down memory lane to last year’s epic performance. Adriana’s face lit up when Rihanna’s name was mentioned. “She did such a great job that I think she outperformed all of us when she walked! I love her. I love her music, I love her personality—she is great.”

Which brings us to our next question: how does one get into good enough shape to keep up with the likes of Rihanna and Adriana Lima? Our first guest might be double Soul Cycle classes followed by Bari’s Boot Camp and days of juice cleansing. Luckily for Adriana, who has been too busy working to get to the gym, it’s none of the above. Instead of focusing on her core, she’s shifted her efforts towards another type of center. “Usually I focus only on working out before the show, but I’ve been shooting so I have to focus more on my mind to keep myself fit. I started reading a book called The Power of Now to bring me to the present, since the show is in six days! It’s a spiritual book to help you control your emotions and anxieties.”

Her beauty prep is even less involved than her workout regiment. “Believe it or not, I don’t like to do anything to my skin. Sweating from a workout is the best thing for your skin. I like to get a little bit of sun—while wearing sunblock, of course—and I drink tons of water. But I don’t get facials or put much on my face. For the show, the makeup is going to be glamorous and glowy.”

Even without her full hair and makeup, Lima is glowing from what looks to be sheer excitement for the upcoming show. “Even after 13 years, each year feels different. I’m always excited to see the outfits. I think, ‘What section am I going to be in? Where does the inspiration come from? Who will the musicians be? Which girls are going to be in the show? What will the stage look like? Who is going to come and watch? What will the commercial be like?’ I love to be a part of this. It’s the love of my life.” Lima’s excitement matches ours, so we assured her that won’t have to guess about whether or not the entire CR team will be in attendance on November 13th.

post-3972-0-1446077022-69397_thumb.jpg post-3972-0-1446077022-71657_thumb.jpg post-3972-0-1446077022-78742_thumb.jpg post-3972-0-1446077022-93295_thumb.jpg post-3972-0-1446077022-96336_thumb.jpg post-3972-0-1446077023-02371_thumb.jpg

crfashionbook

It’s not even close to showtime and Adriana Lima already has her wings on. Fittings for the highly anticipated Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show began this week, so we got a front row seat on set at the Victoria’s Secret headquarters as Adriana took this year’s looks (and her wings) for a test drive.

Each look is part of a theme that belongs to its own section. “This look is from the ‘British Invasion’ section—it’s the Queen,” says Lima who is, of course, wearing lingerie, but also a Vivienne Westwood-esque jacket covered entirely in pearly buttons. “It’s inspired by a London tradition where everyone in the neighborhood helps to make an outfit out of pearls or buttons for the king and the queen. My second look is from the ‘Paris Nights’ section that was inspired by a commercial we did in Paris. It’s very strong and romantic. My third outfit is a Snow Angel, which really brings you back to Christmas.”

Then Lima took us even further behind the scenes to her “dressing area” where she proudly pointed us towards a hanger holding a look belonging to Behati Prinsloo. From what we could gather, Behati will be the castle guard to Adriana’s royal highness. After the looks had been settled, we took a trip down memory lane to last year’s epic performance. Adriana’s face lit up when Rihanna’s name was mentioned. “She did such a great job that I think she outperformed all of us when she walked! I love her. I love her music, I love her personality—she is great.”

Which brings us to our next question: how does one get into good enough shape to keep up with the likes of Rihanna and Adriana Lima? Our first guest might be double Soul Cycle classes followed by Bari’s Boot Camp and days of juice cleansing. Luckily for Adriana, who has been too busy working to get to the gym, it’s none of the above. Instead of focusing on her core, she’s shifted her efforts towards another type of center. “Usually I focus only on working out before the show, but I’ve been shooting so I have to focus more on my mind to keep myself fit. I started reading a book called The Power of Now to bring me to the present, since the show is in six days! It’s a spiritual book to help you control your emotions and anxieties.”

Her beauty prep is even less involved than her workout regiment. “Believe it or not, I don’t like to do anything to my skin. Sweating from a workout is the best thing for your skin. I like to get a little bit of sun—while wearing sunblock, of course—and I drink tons of water. But I don’t get facials or put much on my face. For the show, the makeup is going to be glamorous and glowy.”

Even without her full hair and makeup, Lima is glowing from what looks to be sheer excitement for the upcoming show. “Even after 13 years, each year feels different. I’m always excited to see the outfits. I think, ‘What section am I going to be in? Where does the inspiration come from? Who will the musicians be? Which girls are going to be in the show? What will the stage look like? Who is going to come and watch? What will the commercial be like?’ I love to be a part of this. It’s the love of my life.” Lima’s excitement matches ours, so we assured her that won’t have to guess about whether or not the entire CR team will be in attendance on November 13th.

P13839183692334629_1.jpg P13839183692334629_2.jpg P13839183692334629_3.jpg P13839183692334629_4.jpg P13839183692334629_5.jpg P13839183692334629_6.jpg

crfashionbook

She looks AMAZING!!!! :clap:  I like this look, but her face...love! :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  So glad she has 3 outfits this year.

And of course she is the Queen!