Bellazon

Nicole Trunfio
Thumbnail

yendeldoo

Hey guys, is this Nicole? Looks so to me... anyway, if that's Nicole, where can I find the rest of this photoshoot? I looked 5 pages back in this thread and didn't find these, so the photoshoot must be older, I guess...

WA-born supermodel Nicole Trunfio has been named the latest ambassador for retail chain Kookai.

The sultry beauty was flown to Marrakech, Morocco, to shoot the upcoming summer campaign which features her posing amid the city's maze-like medinas, colourful souks and riads.

Her passport already features an enviable list of stamps from all corners of the world, but she lists Morocco as one of her favourites.

Trunfio said she was thrilled to be back in the exotic and colourful city.

"I have been to Morocco a few times," she said. "I love it here it's so special, unique and an incredible backdrop for such a shoot.

"When I found out the shoot was here I was over the moon. I will continue to come here for the rest of my life it is one of my favourite destinations in the world."

Trunfio, who describes her style as "all about fashion and comfort," poses in Kookai's Arabesque collection featuring printed maxi-dresses, jumpsuits and swimwear.

1226419875912.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Madison Magazine

post-19363-0-1446088430-62088_thumb.jpg

Have you met Miss Trunfio?

POSTED 02.08.2012 @ 16:45

Nicole Trunfio is a fashion force to be reckoned with. Since winning Australia’s Search for a Supermodel in 2002 she’s been very busy. The newly appointed U.S. citizen has spent her time modelling for the likes of Chanel, Oscar de la Renta, Versace and Dior, and posing for the famous cameras of Annie Leibovitz and Terry Richardson.

But supermodel isn’t her only claim to fame. Trunfio is more than just a triple threat with her resume now boasting model, actress, singer (her first E.P is out soon), food blogger and jewellery designer. With this impressive list it’s safe to say we're going to be seeing a lot more of Miss Trunfio. Read on for our exclusive chat with this style powerhouse.

madison: You recently tweeted about your dad nicknaming you “Fudgee”. What are some of your other nicknames?

Nicole: My dad calls me his "little music girl" and my brothers and sisters call me "pickle". My dad used to call me "Quick Nick from Jindivick" (wherever that is), "Nikaveli" a tribute to Tupac's Makaveli, and "Teezy".

madison: Congratulations on becoming a U.S. citizen. What do you love most about the States?

Nicole: I love the diversity of the land. I love how most of my favourite poets and writers are from here and I can relate to their writing when travelling across the country. I love how they have the photo of the president everywhere. The American flag itself, it's like a piece of art to me, it's beautiful. I really love living in New York City. I love the energy the diversity of culture and feeling like I can do absolutely anything without being judged.

madison: What will you always miss about Australia?

Nicole: My family! My sister is having a baby, I would really love to be around for that and to support her through it. I do miss a good Aussie barbecue and the beaches. The beaches are the best in the world.

madison: How would you describe your own personal style?

Nicole: Bipolar.

madison: What’s your go-to outfit for everyday street style?

Nicole: I have this Alice McCall dress that she gave me ages ago that I always wear. It's a maxi dress and it's so comfortable, and I always get compliments on it. It's a black and white apron looking dress with really cool patterns on it.

madison: What made you want to take jewellery design into your own hands and what styles can we expect from your newest Trunfio Jewels collection?

Nicole: It's something I’ve been passionate about for a very long time. It was a natural progression for me. The entire collection is based around the structure of the pyramid. I just wanted to make jewellery that feels personal yet is feminine and has an empowering quality about it, which is why I chose the structure of the pyramid for my first collection. The Trunfio Universe Bracelet is our signature piece. It is a Cartier Love bracelet meets a Pandora charm bracelet. The basic concept of this bracelet is to have an interchangeable attachment that locks the bracelet together by screwing in (which is easy to do yourself). This is like a collectable thing that will be continuous in every collection, with new designs. Our website is launching in September and we have a section on our website where you can build your own bracelet.

madison: Everybody’s talking about Fifty Shades of Grey, have you read it/will you read it?

Nicole: I have, I threw it in a pool when I was 20 pages away from finishing it. That should tell you how I feel about it.

madison: Our mouths have been watering over your blog Dear Giuseppe! So we’d love to know what your ultimate comfort food is?

Nicole: Chicken Schnitzels on my blog, but eating them the next day cold, on bread and butter with sweet chili sauce is the best!

madison: This month madison has focussed on inspiring women. So, as a successful woman in many different fields, what would you say to inspire women trying to score their dream job?

Nicole: Do what you love; I think the most important thing to do in life is doing what you love because that's what your best at. I also find visualising yourself in your dream scenario makes it become a second nature to you and makes it easier to achieve because you've been in that scenario in your head every day.

madison: Before modelling, what did you think you’d be when you grew up?

Nicole: A lawyer, and a damn good one.

madison: You’ve been photographed by fashion heavyweights. Who have been your favourites?

Nicole: That would be a toss-up between Peter Lindbergh and Richard Avedon. They are iconic, they are legends and it was just AWESOME!

madison: Who would you love to work with one day?

Nicole: Tom Ford, he started my career and I would love to work with him again on an entirely different project. We both work with so many different mediums now. Could be film, could be music, who knows?

madison: What song’s on repeat on your iPod right now?

Nicole: My E.P., Little Dragon, Gary Clark Jr., Holy Ghost, Robert Johnson, Lightnin Hopkins, Nina Simone, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Joan Jett… it’s quite a mix.

madison: If you could be defined by a song, what would it be?

Nicole: Call Me Maybe. “Hey I just met you and this crazy, but here's my number so call me maybe?” [Laughs] All my songs on my E.P. There’s a song called 'Song for Henry' which was written in about five minutes. It's probably the most exposed you will ever catch me being. It's hard for me to listen to, even to this day.

madison: What makes you laugh?

Nicole: My awesome friends, the people I love unconditionally that I surround myself with every day. They are awesome, I feel so blessed.

Source