Bellazon

Quiet People

Maiya

I'm sitting next to a quiet boy in my class and I just can't realize how he can be that quiet.. I don't know if he's shy, but it's makin' me crazy.. I'm always trying to talk to him and he just stare in front of himself and says nothing.. it's just so strange.

I would understand if I do something wrong or makin' him feel uncomfortable but I don't do anything.I'm always good with him and I'm trying to start a conversation but nothing works.

Sometimes actually he's really angry and we have our arguments, but everybody has this kind of things..

BUT I don't mind quiet people..

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sitting next to a quiet boy in my class and I just can't realize how he can be that quiet.. I don't know if he's shy, but it's makin' me crazy.. I'm always trying to talk to him and he just stare in front of himself and says nothing.. it's just so strange.

I would understand if I do something wrong or makin' him feel uncomfortable but I don't do anything.I'm always good with him and I'm trying to start a conversation but nothing works.

Sometimes actually he's really angry and we have our arguments, but everybody has this kind of things..

BUT I don't mind quiet people..

well maybe the spoken word is not is cup of ta...

my first way to communicate is the written word. for me speak is not something "natural". this is something who disturb me.

when i'm with someone what i prefer is the behavior, feelings and observation (like with animals, particularly cats). when i'm not with the person, i prefer write instead of speak in a phone or webcame.

i'm someone who enjoy to be alone and during my adolescence and even after, because of my health problems i already spend weeks even months alone without see people and without use my voice. sometimes i really need a social break. and i think because of it i lost an huge part of my faculty to speak with my voice and when i'm exhausted my faculty is very low and i prefer to write on a paper what i think insead of use my voice or it can stop 10 times in a single sentence. and i'm someone when i speak with people, when people told me things, stories etc i have the capacities to imagine a lot of details, i'm a very logic person but i also associate many and many elements in same time. in my head everything is clear and organized but sometimes there are so many stuff i would like to say that i don't know how to express all this in a short answer. oral conversations are not an exchange of monologues and i often have so much to say than i block on the middle of my sentence because my voice can deal with all the things i feel and can't find the vocabulary to express everything i feel in a single word. and this is very frustrating to express only the 1/20 of what i think.

sometimes i also don't speak but this is just because their conversations don't interest me. and i prefer 1000 times spend my evening in a cold, dark and dirty street with homeless people and talk ith them than in a party with (unknown) people and talk about normal stuff. i hate to feel forced to speak when i'm not in mood just because i'm there with them. this kind of stuff/conversations really piss me off. it's pure torture.

yeah me too, I hate when I need to talk to people I don't know in an event just because I don't want to seem rude or conceited is just that I don't want to say or start a conversation. I don't think I am been rude or conceited but some people do think that of me, I rather be lock in a room all by myself, I feel more comfortable been alone, people think is not healthy and that I should be going out more often.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer to listen to others when I go to a gather or events instead of having a conversation. I really love to listening to music I appreciate it. I just don't like hearing some people talk stupidities or lies, I know someone that make lies all the time is annoying, I know she is lying, everybody knows she is lying but everybody goes around pretending to believe her just to not to disappoint her but nobody believes her I think she suffer from delusional.

• 1 month later...

yeah me too, I hate when I need to talk to people I don't know in an event just because I don't want to seem rude or conceited is just that I don't want to say or start a conversation. I don't think I am been rude or conceited but some people do think that of me, I rather be lock in a room all by myself, I feel more comfortable been alone, people think is not healthy and that I should be going out more often.

The Story Of Us......................................................Quiet People

I've always been quiet. A function of being shy I suppose, but besides that I can rarely think of much to say to people I don't know well. It is a minor miracle to me to watch someone go up to a complete stranger and carry on a conversation that consists of more than asking if they know where the bathroom is. Used to be even worse when I was growing up. I made it through several days in HS without having uttered a word. Never went out of my way to be rude or anything like that, was just easier avoiding most people.

Think the only reason I managed to make a friend in High School is because had 4 classes with one guy and in each class we somehow managed to be seated next to each other. Forces of the Universe at work that even I couldn't avoid. :dontgetit:

• 9 months later...

I just want to a party last weekend and a bunch of people I didn't know were keeping coming, I felt so uncomfortable, I wanted to go home. I was try to be friendly and start talking a little bit and ending up saying things I don't suppose to say, my nerves got me. I need to see a psychologist for my shyness. but later night my friends show up so I was okay after the whole awkward moment.

I think your sometimes cool Talisa