Bellazon

Rachel Hilbert
Thumbnail

DanniCullen

Do you guys think she'll be in the VSFS this year? Idk if her contract is officially up or not. I would like to see her one more time but it'll be bittersweet since she won't ever go any further than that with the company. I would like to see her get a nice pair of wings, she deserves it, but I don't think she'll be walking let alone get anything special :sad: 

I would like to see her get something special as well; opening a segment, two outfits, or wings. Maybe even closing a segment although those tend not to be as memorable. But if it was something like what Romee got in the Mountain Romance segment, it’d be a real treat.

A talking segment would be great too but she kind of got that already the first year she did the show because she was paired with Gigi Hadid... I wish they’d let her interview the other girls and air the footage. That seems like it’d be something fun for her.

Also seeing her in real lingerie or in an outfit that shows her body more would be great!

On 6/10/2017 at 9:20 AM, bump said:

You have a nice message and moral but what happens if I don't find the person in question attractive or if I find something I don't like about their face or body? I think Rachel is super pretty but I don't like her body shape. I don't want to bully anyone so I will watch what I say but I didn't realize a conversation between me and another member would upset anyone. I do apologize for making you upset though

On 6/10/2017 at 9:20 AM, bump said:

You have a nice message and moral but what happens if I don't find the person in question attractive or if I find something I don't like about their face or body? I think Rachel is super pretty but I don't like her body shape. I don't want to bully anyone so I will watch what I say but I didn't realize a conversation between me and another member would upset anyone. I do apologize for making you upset though

Honestly I first started looking at Bellazon because the forum was more honest about why a model was or wasn't successful. Models are paid for their image. It's their job. Besides their personailty, charisma and work ethic, the one thing that most affects their success is their appearance. I would say it probably accounts for 90% of whether or not they will be successful once they get their foot in the door. So for people to start crying out about body-shaming seems ridiculous to me. If your body type isn't suited for modeling, go find some other type of work. Maybe we should teach women to value something other than their looks. Everyone is talking about how they want her to feel better about herself. The truth is that if the only thing she can feel good about is her looks and her body, she's in for some harsh reality as she starts growing older.

Rachel's body is blocky. She has a short torso and very little waist definition. She is also soft compared to much more athletic looking VS model. She could stand to lose some fat. She's not plus size compared to normal women but she is compared to normal models and if she's trying to be a model, she should be judged against other models. Her face is cute. I think VS hired her thinking she could be similar to Miranda Kerr look wise since Miranda has a beautiful round face. However the difference was during her time with VS MIranda stayed in model shape. She kept her body toned and lean. She also started out with better proportions body wise than Rachel and she also has a better face. From certain angles Rachel's face just looks awkward, And before everyone gets offended, i'm not trying to just rip on Rachel. But i find that if someone is a model they should be held to certain standards look wise which we don't subject normal non models to. Obviously we don't expect our plumbers, bankers, doctors what have you to look like models. If you enter this world you will be judged based on your appearance.

4 hours ago, tofublox said:

She also started out with better proportions body wise than Rachel and she also has a better face. From certain angles Rachel's face just looks awkward, .

I agree 100% with your whole message, but I wanted to highlight this part. I agree with you that she looked better when she started out, I was a fan of hers for VS in the beginning and I'm still a fan now, but I don't think she looks as good and as often. For example, she looked AWESOME in the Maxim shoot recently (and I usually don't care for stuff like that) but for her last VS stuff I wasn't feeling it at all, which is why I started saying/agreeing with others that she was a flop for VS. And I never once thought she'd be an Angel, I figured she'd always be stuck in Pink unlike Miranda, Behati, Elsa, etc.

I've said it before, but the facial expressions for Pink do not work for her. Someone like Elsa, hell yeah but Rachel's face looks squishy and weird in A LOT of Pink pictures. I don't blame her though, I think she'd good at modeling outside of VS. I blame VS and their dumb idea of making the Pink girls look stupid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel a little sorry for Rachel - I actually liked her energy, VS seemed to just drop her, she vehemently denied it on twitter but didn't shoot with them at all this year?

Does anyone know if she's still modelling at least? I hope she gets back into the game 

20 hours ago, MingoPants said:

Don't think this has been posted, but Rachel switched to The Lions in NY and LA during the summer

Hopefully, her new agent will help her move get career forward. I feel like once she got the VS gig she stopped doing fashion shows and other campaigns.

21 hours ago, Ichigo9 said:

I feel a little sorry for Rachel - I actually liked her energy, VS seemed to just drop her, she vehemently denied it on twitter but didn't shoot with them at all this year?

Does anyone know if she's still modelling at least? I hope she gets back into the game 

POOR RACHEL

• 2 weeks later...