Bellazon

Rachel Hilbert
Thumbnail

DanniCullen

• 2 weeks later...

Since there isn't much going on in her thread, do you guys like her better in High Fashion/Other stuff than VS or in VS? I know she didn't do a lot of runway or blue chip campaigns or things like that, but I thought she was good for Urban Outfitters and her new Maxim stuff is awesome!

I've been looking through her thread and I love her early work, even just the random photographs from random photographers. She shines in anything except PINK. I hope she has more work coming out soon since she's done with PINK I think I'll like whatever else she is doing.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:41 PM, Sanni said:

I hope she went to the SI castings again! It doesn’t hurt to try (well, maybe a little...). Not everyone gets in the magazine right away.

So she's gone before I take it? I think she could do well. I'm so used to seeing her in PINK that I kinda imagine her possible SI shots being goofy like PINK, but she looked so good in the Maxim shoot that I do think she could really well with SI.

I hate seeing her career stagnate, unless she herself decided to take a break.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:30 AM, Sanni said:

Great thank you!

Do you know if she has any more work coming out? I don't want to see her career slow down this much, unless of course she wants it and is taking a break. I really like her non-VS work so I hope to see more.

I feel a little dumb asking this, but what is so terrible about her Pink work? I always felt like she was a great successor to Elsa; fun, plucky, and super cute. She's great outside of the company but her sudden decline at Victoria's Secret came as a massive surprise to me. I'm just wondering if there's something I'm missing about her work.

5 minutes ago, twopercentsuccess said:

I feel a little dumb asking this, but what is so terrible about her Pink work? I always felt like she was a great successor to Elsa; fun, plucky, and super cute. She's great outside of the company but her sudden decline at Victoria's Secret came as a massive surprise to me. I'm just wondering if there's something I'm missing about her work.

I actually agree. I loved her work with VS Pink. That's when I really became enamored with her. Fun and super cute are good words to describe her during that time.

I like Rachel but I thought she was out of place for pink.  She looked too old.  Also, she is very physically imposing and not dainty & very young looking like Brooke Perry and Maggie laine.

I've seen Rachael model dresses in department store layouts and she looks great.  Her legs are amazing.

I'm one who really enjoyed her work for VS. She is tall, yes, but I would disagree with Cult Icon about her looking too old--especially given her succeeding Elsa. (Not that she looked old, but she was older than that target audience, and Rachel was more squarely at/near that target, IMO.) Her figure and legs are amazing, and she has a great future. But I am still kind of mystified by the decision. Ah well. Let's enjoy where she goes from here. 

I don't think Rachel looks old either. She looks like any girl you'd see around campus, and I figured that's who she's selling to. It's true she's super fit, but I don't see how that's a disqualifier for Pink. I hope she finds new work quickly, but I don't want her to lose the personality she brought to Pink.

17 hours ago, twopercentsuccess said:

I didn't care for her expressions and the faces she made. While I know every other PINK girl made the same faces, Rachel's face (which is so beautiful normally) didn't look good making those faces, her face is too round and chubby. When she made those faces she looks squished and weird. I also don't like her midsection which PINK tends to highlight a lot. She has a great body, I like that she's thicker, but the PINK clothes just didn't always work for me on her combined with the faces.

She had a great enthusiasm though, and I loved that she appreciated her spokesmodel position.

She is so pretty and I think she shines in regular shoots (not for VS obviously, I don't think I'd like her as an angel either).

I liked her work for Pink but I never really felt like she was a strong spokesperson, was she good yes? Was she better than the rest of the pink girls who were working with her? Nope, Brooke Perry for example does a better job. I also think Rachel was never going to be made an Angel, VS probably felt like investing money on a woman who had no future with the brand was a waste, I think Zuri will suffer the same fate and she'll get dropped after this year's show. Grace on the other hand, is bound to become an Angel as soon as she is done with Pink.

I wish Rachel the best, but I think she and Pink parting ways was the best