Bellazon

Taylor Hill
Thumbnail

sarnic

17 hours ago, Ilovehotties89 said:

You make a great point.  VS hasn't been a sexy brand for a while now.  Despite having some of the most stunningly beautiful women working for them, and a great marketing/advertising team, they are incredibly boring style wise.

I think it's because there's been a shift in lingerie branding towards comfort rather than sexiness. And in VS that resulted in super bland advertising. I think they could have a done a lot with the comfort angle to make beautiful photoshoots but they never did. So in a way I'm glad they're going back to sexy because at least those shoots aren't boring.  

Sidenote: I am really digging the short hair on Taylor. I have never been a fan of bob length hairstyles, but she rocks it in this shoot. 

3 hours ago, Expresso said:

I think it's because there's been a shift in lingerie branding towards comfort rather than sexiness. And in VS that resulted in super bland advertising. I think they could have a done a lot with the comfort angle to make beautiful photoshoots but they never did. So in a way I'm glad they're going back to sexy because at least those shoots aren't boring.  

Sidenote: I am really digging the short hair on Taylor. I have never been a fan of bob length hairstyles, but she rocks it in this shoot. 

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of lingerie in the first place?  Whenever my exes ever dressed up for me, they might have been uncomfortable, but they never had their outfit on for very long.  Being sexy is the whole point.

I agree about Taylor's short hair.  She looks sexy as fuck.  Damned if she isn't climbing up the ladder in my personal rankings.

On 1/15/2021 at 5:32 PM, Ilovehotties89 said:

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of lingerie in the first place?  Whenever my exes ever dressed up for me, they might have been uncomfortable, but they never had their outfit on for very long.  Being sexy is the whole point.

I agree about Taylor's short hair.  She looks sexy as fuck.  Damned if she isn't climbing up the ladder in my personal rankings.

Women wear lingerie for most of the day, so comfort is arguably the most important attribute lingerie can have. Even if you're dressing up for a hookup, (or if you're in a committed relationship: to surprise your SO) you don't know exactly when everything will come off so not being stuck with itchy, uncomfortable lingerie digging into your skin and poking your body in uncomfortable places until then would be nice. Like, I have a few 'special occasion' sexy lingerie sets but the bulk of my buys are practical. Sexy lingerie doesn't look good under every piece of clothing either, so often aside from being uncomfortable, it's also unpractical. And since VS wants to sell lingerie for every occasion, they can't just bank on maximum sexiness because most women value feeling good over just looking good. The sweet spot is being able to combine looks with comfort and practicality.