Bellazon

Taylor Hill
Thumbnail

sarnic

I see this everywhere but I just don't get this mindset. So people wear masks outdoors, then get to the restaurant, sit down and then take their masks off (and this dude isn't even wearing a mask). How is that helping protect from Covid? Who guarantees that the glass, or a fork, or a plate are virus free? It's just way too risky, especially in a country that handled Covid very poorly and had to pay in a huge number of dead.

Just order a takeout.

I get that, but LIKE I WROTE, I wouldn't trust that things are clean enough to eat. If you want to take a chance that no one in the kitchen coughed in their hand and then touched the glass you're about to drink from or utensil you're about to put in your mouth then go for it.

Knowing general lack of hygiene in restaurants (even the "classy" ones) to me it's still unsafe to eat at restaurants, reduced capacity or not.

But hey, clearly they don't care, so good luck to them.

It's clearly a risk to eat out today but it's a risk everyone should decide to take - or not - on their own?

Obviously the reason restaurants and bars are open in spite of the fact that this pandemic is far from over is due to the fact that if they weren't re-opened by this point, almost all of them would go out of business.

Which doesn't mean I necessarily agree with all of these decisions, but I can understand what was the reasoning behind them.

4 hours ago, Schemer said:

I get that, but LIKE I WROTE, I wouldn't trust that things are clean enough to eat. If you want to take a chance that no one in the kitchen coughed in their hand and then touched the glass you're about to drink from or utensil you're about to put in your mouth then go for it.

Knowing general lack of hygiene in restaurants (even the "classy" ones) to me it's still unsafe to eat at restaurants, reduced capacity or not.

Italy had 252 cases yesterday and a population of 60 million. Calm down.

35 minutes ago, Smarf said:

Italy had 252 cases yesterday and a population of 60 million. Calm down.

That attitude is the reason why Covid is spiking up again all over the world. Also, don't tell me to calm down, I'm not upset. We're just having a discussion.

11 hours ago, Schemer said:

I see this everywhere but I just don't get this mindset. So people wear masks outdoors, then get to the restaurant, sit down and then take their masks off (and this dude isn't even wearing a mask). How is that helping protect from Covid? Who guarantees that the glass, or a fork, or a plate are virus free? It's just way too risky, especially in a country that handled Covid very poorly and had to pay in a huge number of dead.

Just order a takeout.

i don't see you that worried when she's in america, where i've seen people doing a normal life and ignoring the virus since the beginning. so i'd be worrier to get infected there more than in italy. also, ordering a takeout doesn't guarantee you anything; the only safe way not to get infected is staying inside 🤷🏻‍♀️

10 hours ago, Schemer said:

If everyone was that paranoid then no one would order delivery or takeout and every restaurant/cafe/eatery/etc. would go out of business.