Bellazon

Taylor Hill
Thumbnail

sarnic

Meet Taylor Hill—Your New Victoria's Secret Model Obsession

Taylor_Body_Care-2_horizontal.jpg

To celebrate the launch of their new line of body-care products, Victoria's Secret is sending their newly anointed Angels to stores around the country. Yesterday, model Taylor Hill not only traveled to Chicago's VS store on Michigan Avenue in Chicago but she also found the time to throw the first pitch at a White Sox game. Unrelated but still important: She has some of the most enviable eyebrows we've ever seen. Here's what the model of the moment had to say when we asked her about some of her top beauty and fitness tips. 

The new Victoria's Secret products are more pared down than what you'd typically expect from the company. There are no flashy flowers on the bottles, and the scents are much cleaner and simpler, like coconut (the Ultrarich Cream Wash), shea butter (the Hydrating Body Lotion), and açai (the Smoothing Scrub Wash). So what does Hill think about the new collection? "I love the Weightless Body Oil!" she says. "I prefer oil over lotion because it soaks in better and helps with hydration." 

As you've probably been told thousands of times, you have amazing brows. What's your secret? 
"I don't wax; I only pluck in the middle. I like to keep them messy but tamed so I don't re-shape them."

Do you use any products on your brows
"Just clear eyebrow gel to keep them in place."

Did you ever go through that phase where you plucked all your brows off? 
"No! I was scouted before I could do any damage."

I read somewhere that your mom cuts your hair. What's her technique? 
"My mom's technique is trust! She's been cutting my hair my whole life. She is a professional hairstylist and is the best at layering. My hair is very thick, so to keep it bouncy she thins and layers my hair to give it more movement."

How do you keep your skin hydrated and glow-y during crazy periods of work, like during fashion week?
"I use oil on my face every night before going to bed. I do it consistently so I'm always prepared for shoots."

What are your favorite skin-care products to use before a party or big event? 
"I do an exfoliant and hydrating mask in the shower before I start my makeup."

What was walking your first Victoria's Secret fashion show like? How nervous were you? 
"It was like the first day of school! Yes, 100 percent nervous—I was more nervous than I have ever been for anything in my life."

Do you do anything special beauty- or fitness-wise before a VS photo shoot? 
"I keep a consistent routine for both beauty and workout regimens. I try to make it a point to work out every day because it helps keep me prepared for photo shoots."

What's your favorite type of workout? 
"My favorite thing to do is squats with weights. I am also a huge fan of Crossfit!"

What's your least favorite type of workout? 
"I don't do anything I don't like to do—like running."

Allure.com

On 2/27/2016 at 8:03 PM, freya said:

Yes, Gisele's walk is considered one of the best - other great walkers (imo) include Natasha Poly, Kate G, Naomi, Edita, Frida, Jac, Magdalena, Flavia de Oliveira etc. A lot of people like Karlie's walk, but I'm not really a fan. Lily's is pretty crappy, but she has improved a lot and she's better than Gigi lol

Thanks!  I took a look at a couple of Taylor's walks, and I see what you guys mean.  It's not bad - but it's like she's just walking.  No statement.I do like Kate G's and Jac's walks, though.

So glad to see Taylor and her management decided not to sell her soul to VS, I'm sure it was their choice to skip the latest VS shoot in LA in order to allow her to do fashion week and it's honesly the best for her, VS has failed to create super stars for the past too many years and Taylor should has to keep her connections so she can survive post-VS and not fade like Erin and Lindsay.