Bellazon

Sherlock

Ophelia_Immortal

this is disgusting!

http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/jonny-lee-..._medium=twitter

CBS failed to get rights to Sherlock...but somehow...only weeks after Moffat said no...they have a whole show planned?(That just happens to be a Modern Sherlock)

America needs to stop trying to fix what isn't bloody broken!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2012 at 8:06 PM, Ophelia_Immortal said:

this is disgusting!

http://www.deadline...._medium=twitter

CBS failed to get rights to Sherlock...but somehow...only weeks after Moffat said no...they have a whole show planned?(That just happens to be a Modern Sherlock)

America needs to stop trying to fix what isn't bloody broken!

This reminds me of when two different takes on Arthurian legend popped up in relatively quick succession. No sooner had 'Merlin' started to enjoy a bit of popularity, along came the dreadful 'Camelot'. Still, I suppose CBS would argue that if the new version is a hit with the viewers, they'll be able to churn out more episodes than the cottage industry-like BBC's three every other year.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes! :chicken:

'Sherlock' series four confirmed by Cumberbatch

Benedict Cumberbatch has confirmed that Sherlock will definitely be returning for a fourth series once its next run of episodes comes to an end.

Cumberbatch and co-star Martin Freeman are due to begin filming series three of the hit detective series created by Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss next Monday (March 18). Three new 90-minute episodes are expected to air on BBC1 later this year.

However, Cumberbatch has let slip that the actors are actually signed up for another three episodes after that. Speaking to the Radio Times at yesterday's South Bank Show Awards, he said: "We've agreed to two more series but I could get into trouble for saying that. All I know at the moment is I'm doing these three [episodes of the upcoming series] and another three."

Asked whether Sherlock could continue beyond series four, Cumberbatch replied: "It just depends on Martin and I's availability, how long we can keep it going. It depends on Steven's ability. I'd love to keep it going."

The first series of Sherlock aired in summer 2010, with a second run following in early 2012. Since then, the show's stars have become increasingly in demand. Freeman stars as Bilbo Baggins in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit trilogy, while Cumberbatch has roles in several upcoming films, including Star Trek Into Darkness and August: Osage County starring Meryl Streep.