Bellazon

Faith Hill
Thumbnail

harvester

FaithHill046a.jpg

exs.jpg th_37-FaithHill_085.jpg th_04-FaithHill_033.jpg th_da-FaithHill_066.jpg th_4d-FaithHill_032.jpg

B. Audrey Faith Perry, 21 September, 1967, Jackson, Mississippi, USA. Raised in the small town of Star, Mississippi, USA, the 90s country singer Faith Hill was singing at family gatherings from the age of three. She was influenced by Reba McEntire and formed her first band when she was 17 years old, performing at local rodeos. She moved to Nashville in 1989 and her first job was selling T-shirts at the Country Music Fan Fair. Attempts to make a name for herself in Nashville were fruitless, and Hill eventually accepted a secretarial job with a music publisher. Legend has it that the publisher/singer Gary Morris urged her to leave the job and take up singing as a career. She befriended songwriter Gary Burr, who produced her demo tape, and suitably impressed Warner Brothers Records. Hill has subsequently recorded several of Burr's songs, including 'I Would Be Stronger Than That', 'Just Around The Eyes' and 'Just About Now'.

Her first album was produced by Scott Hendricks, who had previously had some success with Brooks And Dunn and Restless Heart. Her sparkling debut US country single,the rocking 'Wild One', topped the country charts and she followed it with a version of Janis Joplin 's 'Piece Of My Heart', another cheerful country-rocker. Take Me As I Am was successful, but surgery on her vocal cords delayed the making of It Matters To Me. This included a song about wife-beating, 'A Man's Home Is His Castle', a duet with Shelby Lynne, 'Keep Walkin' On', and a song written for her by Alan Jackson, 'I Can't Do That Anymore'. Her regular band features Trey Grey (drums), Steve Hornbeak (keyboards), Tom Rutledge (guitar, fiddle), Anthony Joyner (bass), Lou Toomey (lead guitar), Karen Staley (guitar, vocals) and is masterminded by dobro and steel guitarist Gary Carter.Much of Hill's popularity has been fuelled by having one of the best touring bands in the business. 'It Matters To Me' was a further US country chart topper in 1996. In 1997 she recorded with her husband Tim McGraw, resulting in the number 1 hit and CMA Award-winning 'It's Your Love'.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...